Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

Central Park, generally speaking, is a little out of Mr. Park's way. Doesn't mean he never gets there, but the walk's a bit far, even by his standards. So he takes a cab in the morning, to the Met, and spends some time looking at the new exhibit. Everybody who knows Mr. Park knows that he keeps up with the exhibits occasionally, one of his only sidesteps from his restaurant business. Around lunchtime, he takes the walk through the park, and ends up at a little deli that's been there for as long as he can remember. He reads the file in a secluded little corner, where nobody will bother him, while he waits for his - very specific - order.

He eats the lunch in the park, again, enjoying the sunshine and the birds. It's his quiet time, before he has to head back and prepare for the dinner rush. "Third day seems the easiest," he muses, to none of the persons around him in particular - in Korean, "but there's always complications, especially with sweet promises. I wonder if there isn't something to be done sooner, on the first day. Dislike the weather, but the path seems smooth." To anybody listening, he might as well be reciting a poem in his native language. But he knows that the people around him know exactly what he means, while he keeps eating his lunch.

Mr. Park is a slow eater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

Mr. Park finishes his sandwich while the others discuss. Once they finish, he recites another few lines in Korean, slow and deliberately. "It seems we favor the tunnels, then. So be it. If somebody will contact Mr. Temple, I'll excuse myself for today. I have a dinner service to prepare. " The crumpled sandwich paper flies in a perfect arc into the trash bin as he walks by, and makes his way out of the park to call for a taxi. Time to head home and start on the prep. The others could do the contact, and the information would find itself towards him sooner or later. It was easier that way.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

It is not for a while until Mr. Mot receives the information. It comes to him when he is in the middle of prep-work for the dinner service, his focus as single-minded as ever. But he reads it in his allotted break, with a cup of tea - jasmin, steeped exactly four minutes, no sugar - and ponders what he is given. The geometry seems like a pattern, but somebody would already be figuring that one out. The deaths, however...Mr. Mot knows about death. The text that Snow receives a few moments later is short, and in Korean once again.

Let me know what Erel finds for causes of death, and other wounds. I need to know exactly how they died before I can speculate.

The cup of tea is emptied, and back to work he goes. The knife must create again. It will be a busy evening, as always.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

Be there at noon. We'll have 90 minutes.

Mr. Mot has hosted the ring before, but to avoid unwanted questions, he generally keeps the restaurant closed when they have a lunch meeting in the restaurant, and he lets them eat in the back, where he can talk to them from the kitchen while he creates. He starts cooking at 11 AM, after he finishes his morning tea and the inventory, beginning the prep with a slow, deliberate pace. He could go faster, but there's no rush. It's no dinner service. His eyes are locked on his knife at all times, watching the every single perfectly-made cut and slide. Creation through destruction. This is what he lives for. This is what he does - what he is. The knife, the creator. It fills him with a satisfaction he is unable to express through words; only through his creations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

Mr. Mot chews his food in complete silence, staring at the information presented to him. There is an eerie stillness to him, as if the jaw is the only part of him that can move. When he speaks, however, it is with clear intent in his voice. "The decay suggests torture through deprivation. Possibly self-inflicted due to magical compulsion. Blood loss as cause of death, combined with such decay, suggests a desire to inflict suffering before death. They were likely in extreme pain over an extended period. The organ sections missing is...interesting. Not quite sure why the killer only took bits. If they took whole organs, that would make more sense. Trophies, or more offerings, or simply for food. Why there are only chunks missing are beyond me." He falls silent for another long while, continuing to eat, before speaking up again.

"With the patterns of the death, a ritualized killing seems the obvious guess. The victims suffer, with their pain and perhaps their life-energy itself being sapped to fuel...something. Our eternal ever-watching nemesis, perhaps. Hopefully something less sinister. But the killing is a step in a process, not a goal." He waves with his chopsticks, pointing at the map of the patterns. "I suggest we find Dark Eyes and eliminate them directly. Confirmation for the client doesn't require a live perpetrator, and the project would be destroyed if there is no ritualist to carry it out. Agreed?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Park Jeong-Min | Mr. Mot

At the end of lunch

Mr. Mot acquiesces to Mr. Sparks' argument. "Fine. Escalation if necessary. But if we talk first, we choose the meeting place. Liberty can do the song, Brooklyn can do the walk and talk. I stay in the shadows. You too, probably? Alicia and Aziz can run interference outside, keep people from going in, can rush in if things go south. Just in case. If this is upstairs, we need the upper hand. Badly." He doesn't think about what happens if they fail. As long as the time and place is right, a knife never fails to strike. To cut that what needs to be cut. He has never failed before. Won't now. Still, meeting a fellow is never an easy task. You never know what they have up their sleeves.

The remainder of the day.

Jeong-Min decides to practice knife-work while they wait. It's not really practice, mind. Cutting vegetables and meat isn't the same thing as running the knife through an artery, or a tendon. But the smooth, repetitive motions help him prepare nonetheless. There's a comfort in it, for him. And besides, it would hardly do for him to abandon the prep-work for the dinner-rush. So he cuts, and he cuts, again and again, finding focus. His job was to cut. There was nothing else.

If we summon Dark Eyes, let's make sure we have the upper hand. I can run Ambush on the place before we actually summon him, put me and one other outside of DE's awareness. Erel, as police, makes most sense for keeping the place clear of curious cats, and Curie is the obvious choice for the negotiator. Any other Embeds to help give us some advantages in this case could be useful but I don't know what everyone has that might work in this situation.

• Locked thread