Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Brooklyn/Ms. Curie

I sigh and give up immediately on protesting Libby sitting on the statue. It's as pointless as trying to get her to put away the video game, or as expecting Mr. Was--oh, sorry, that's right, Mr. Sparks right sorry--to stop being waaaaaaay too paranoid. A little bit of paranoia I get, it's perfectly healthy, but he takes it to exhausting new levels.

Was I rolling my eyes just there? Hm, I wonder why.

"What I think," I start in English, then switch to the same dialect in Portugese, "is that you're exactly right about the level of obscurity. I like the tunnels job, honestly. I don't know how believably useful a seventeen year old will be trying to infiltrate Wall Street, and I'm worried about the whole armed and dangerous thing on the third job. The tunnels, I might not be able to help any more than anywhere else, but at least it's the one that's about helping people. Right?"

I pause. "I also think you're right about it being right out of a movie." Gotta get my jabs in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Brooklyn/Ms. Curie

I slip the USB drive quietly to Salt while answering Libby. "I'll stay for dinner. I kept this evening clear, told my parents we'd be working on an assignment together. They think I mean for school, of course," I add, still in Portuguese. "I'll just need to call Hunter a little later to let him know I miss him."

This last I say quietly. I know that some of the others think I'm strange or foolish for how I feel about Hunter. I don't understand some of their objections to my relationship, so I try not to rub their noses in it--but I do need to call him and I don't want anyone listening to mistake Hunter for a part of this other business, so I don't use Portuguese.

Maybe dangerous. Thinking about what might happen if someone decided to use Hunter to get to me still terrifies me.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Brooklyn/Ms. Curie

"I...you think I'm crowding him too much? I just don't want him to think..." Before I can get despondent, though, Libby's changed the subject. "Yeah, I played it--I'm not that good at that kind of game, though. Platformers aren't my thing." I let Libby keep the conversation going, but I'm still thinking about what she said.

"I'll be ready to bug, I guess, and I'm definitely down. You've got this one figured out, I think--I'll follow your lead on it."

I don't call Hunter, in the end. I do text him though.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Brooklyn/Ms. Curie

I'm not sure how much help I am with Snow's plan of inquiring with the homeless. I can help a little, anyway, even if all I am is another friendly face...

[19:45] <skybot> MollyMetroid: presence (3) + streetwise (0, -1 unskilled): 10 (2d10=1, 9)

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Brooklyn/Ms. Curie

"Sure, on it."

I pull out my phone and text everyone--numbers from memory, not stored contacts--"Lunch? Korean? Y/N"

It's simple, but it should tell everyone what they need to know for meeting up...

• Locked thread