Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
In this EXTREMELY hypothetical manner.

Would you? Could you ever believe me?

Your thought experiment for Monday, August 29th 2016, Gibbis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, that's really easy. the true nature of reality is that reality sucks.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've seen They Live

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

In this reality, aside from certain permutations, yes.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
my mind is formless and void

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
are you on acid

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

are you on acid

VendaGoat posted:

In this reality, aside from certain permutations, yes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thank you for answering for me.

Correct.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Uh no, it bites (Stiller 1994)

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
gently caress up idiot

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Robbie Fowler posted:

gently caress up idiot

Why are you signing your posts?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I can believe you if you can successful predict a lot of stuff.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I can believe you if you can successful predict a lot of stuff.

Recombine your sentence and do not use subjective terminology.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Recombine your sentence and do not use subjective terminology.

What? That's not possible.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
you are reality failing to understand itself

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What? That's not possible.

OH NOES!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Yea, subjectiveness is a real pain in the rear end.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Yea, subjectiveness is a real pain in the rear end.

It appears to be the lenses through which we....

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Is this some kind of "hypothetically, let's say I'm TOTALLY RIGHT, but I can't prove it, would you believe me!?!" bullshit? That's not a thought experiment, that's just garbage, it doesn't matter if you're talking about a big thing or a small thing.

If you can't build some kind of super space-engine with your knowledge or levitate a bus with your mind, you are loving worthless, even if you "really do know the truth, maaaan". What are you even offering, the smug certainty and security that comes from really knowing what's going on? If there's no proof they can get that from a lie and it's not even any different.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

It appears to be the lenses through which we....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

I couldn't have predicted that you would have posted a willy wonka link. Also why wasn't it that creepy tunnel scene?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Is this some kind of "hypothetically, let's say I'm TOTALLY RIGHT, but I can't prove it, would you believe me!?!" bullshit? That's not a thought experiment, that's just garbage, it doesn't matter if you're talking about a big thing or a small thing.

If you can't build some kind of super space-engine with your knowledge or levitate a bus with your mind, you are loving worthless, even if you "really do know the truth, maaaan". What are you even offering, the smug certainty and security that comes from really knowing what's going on? If there's no proof they can get that from a lie and it's not even any different.

I'm offering the drat near certainty that you are incorrect.

Does that make sense?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I couldn't have predicted that you would have posted a willy wonka link. Also why wasn't it that creepy tunnel scene?

Because if the good lord hadn't intended us to walk, he wouldn't have created roller skates. :)

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
I have nothing to add other than I wanted to thank you for the wonderful goat

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Buddha. posted:

I have nothing to add other than I wanted to thank you for the wonderful goat

You are ever so welcome.

Any time you want a goat, you let me know. For the foreseeable future. I don't wish to commit to eternity, I'm sure you understand.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
we are all manifestations of the same underlying universe, talking to itself, pieces deluding themselves into thinking they possess distinct identities, which are of course only illusion

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zorodius posted:

we are all manifestations of the same underlying universe, talking to itself, pieces deluding themselves into thinking they possess distinct identities, which are of course only illusion

But it's all we have. :gbsmith:

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

VendaGoat posted:

In this EXTREMELY hypothetical manner.

Would you? Could you ever believe me?

Sure, I believe you understand the nature of reality. But I also believe you are probably an idiot who eats paint off the radiator, so who really gives a poo poo what you understand?

If you aren't going to do anything with it what's the point?

It's like asking 'what if my dog knows calculus?'

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zorodius posted:

Define Aberration, in your own words.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

fresh_cheese posted:

It's like asking 'what if my dog knows calculus?'

Then your dog would be worlds apart from yourself. :)

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

fresh_cheese posted:

, so who really gives a poo poo what you understand?

This may have been too harsh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

fresh_cheese posted:

This may have been too harsh.

For a good cheese?

I'd walk a mile.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Tell us why Willy Wonka had to die.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Then your dog would be worlds apart from yourself. :)

It's not that enlightenment itself is useless, but more that it is merely one step in the right direction. Presuming one opens one eye, what then is the second step?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Tell us why Willy Wonka had to die.

Because....

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

fresh_cheese posted:

It's not that enlightenment itself is useless, but more that it is merely one step in the right direction. Presuming one opens one eye, what then is the second step?

What would you think it is?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fresh_cheese posted:

Enlightenment goes in 47 directions but you can only pick one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

What would you think it is?

goatse. again, incredibly obvious. is this supposed to be a thread for easily answered questions or what?

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

For a good cheese?

I'd walk a mile.

poo poo, I drove three hours for good cheese once. Nicely aged parmesan areggiano and a hunk of fresh bread...

God that was good.

See, the trick is getting to do more stupid poo poo like that and less filling out forms at the DMV.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

42 but why bicker?

goatse. again, incredibly obvious. is this supposed to be a thread for easily answered questions or what?

Look below this....

fresh_cheese posted:

poo poo, I drove three hours for good cheese once. Nicely aged parmesan areggiano and a hunk of fresh bread...

God that was good.

See, the trick is getting to do more stupid poo poo like that and less filling out forms at the DMV.

Hell Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Enlightenment does not have a direction any more than three dimensional space has color.

When you're searching for a place that's not even on a map, it doesn't really matter which direction you go. Just go, and be open to the journey so that your real destination can find you.

• Locked thread