Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's a fake account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

dylan hales

how can you even tell them apart

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's a fake account.
Well, poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said Paige is probably done with WWE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

this seems like the right move for everyone involved, really

Paige gonna be the new star of the Knockouts division. or, heck, isn't ROH still trying to start up a proper women's division?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chris James 2 posted:

Goddammit.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

abraham linksys posted:

Paige gonna be the new star of the Knockouts division. or, heck, isn't ROH still trying to start up a proper women's division?

I don't think Paige is going to be doing the in ring stuff for a long time yet. Who knows what the lay of the land is going to be like when she is in a position to do so.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh no not paige

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh no not paige

it's a bit odd because I do remember when people were raving about Paige back when I started watching, but now no one seems to talk at all about her in-ring abilities. I was never that impressed, but I was lucky enough to start watching right as the four horsewomen came into their own, so I was very spoiled in regards to women's wrestling, heh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

it's a bit odd because I do remember when people were raving about Paige back when I started watching, but now no one seems to talk at all about her in-ring abilities. I was never that impressed, but I was lucky enough to start watching right as the four horsewomen came into their own, so I was very spoiled in regards to women's wrestling, heh

Well, after her big initial run she kind of got sent to the background and played second fiddle to the Bellas and whoever else so there wasn't much chance to see her in-ring. Then the Horsewomen thing happened and she stayed in the back some more. She's been floundering for a while but always seemed over with the crowds and I enjoy watching her matches. Just a bummer how she was utilized.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Paige was good at the end of FCW and the start of NXT. She should have been fine in WWE, but they changed her character the moment she was called up, and then there was all that lesbianfrenemy bullshit until AJ left, and for the last year she's been a nobody.

I still say she has/had more star potential than anybody else on the roster. She's just been wasted since the day she first appeared on Raw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, she deserved a better end to her time in the company than this whole mess

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Paige is definitely a case of wasted potential (like most recent releases; Del Rio, Rhodes, etc.). As others have said, she got lost in the shuffle after her promotion from NXT and never recovered. It's a shame, since her "Anti-Diva" thing had some potential in the age of the Butterfly Belt, and it could have served as a good catalyst for a more natural progression to the Women's Revolution thing instead of "Stephanie McMahon randomly starts the Revolution."

She'll probably wind up in TNA with Del Rio (he did some work for them briefly as El Patron, right?). Too bad, but maybe it's for the best since they had nothing for her in WWE.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Losing paige kinda sucks because she provided depth in a division that needs it. With the increased focus on women's wrestling the wwe needs solid workers more than ever considering there are smackdown, raw, and nxt divisions that rely on the women living up to a certain standard.

They could always give alicia fox or summer rae a push but they don't seem to like those two for whatever reason. Once asuka gets called up and emma returns they probably won't be missing paige much at all.

I hope paige gets good news regarding her health soon. Any updates on those stories of her losing hand strength?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm going to miss Paige back when she was a good wrestler, and those couple of weeks where her chest randomly got huge, and also for screaming THIS IS MY HOUSE!!! a lot

RIP

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
They have got to move the women's roster all to one show. Splitting it up is hurting it very badly, and losing Sasha and Paige will not help. The way it's going now the Raw belt will just be Charlotte vs Bayley for months, and Smackdowns is even more dire with just Becky and like no one else. Asuka will eventually be on the roster which will help but Becky vs Asuka forever won't work.

The brand split is ok for some things, but as I expected the women's and tag divisions are badly hurt by it. They are going to really end up wasting someone like Bayley who could be very popular. Merging the women's rosters has got to happen.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Okay I am now reconciled to the knowledge that there is a greater than zero chance now of my ma and Paige getting drunk together. This is a thing that may happen and I have made my peace with it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

They have got to move the women's roster all to one show. Splitting it up is hurting it very badly, and losing Sasha and Paige will not help. The way it's going now the Raw belt will just be Charlotte vs Bayley for months, and Smackdowns is even more dire with just Becky and like no one else. Asuka will eventually be on the roster which will help but Becky vs Asuka forever won't work.

The brand split is ok for some things, but as I expected the women's and tag divisions are badly hurt by it. They are going to really end up wasting someone like Bayley who could be very popular. Merging the women's rosters has got to happen.

The networks want women on both shows, the company wants women on both tours. Merging the rosters isn't going to happen.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

The networks want women on both shows, the company wants women on both tours. Merging the rosters isn't going to happen.

Well then the divisions will just be boring as hell and waste their talent.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Paige is a dumb garbage millenial so good riddance!!!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

This is pretty much what happened last time around so on that I'm not disagreeing at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Pretty much, yeah

There were a bunch of reasons people didn't look forward to the brand split and this likeliness was one of them

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty much, yeah

There were a bunch of reasons people didn't look forward to the brand split and this likeliness was one of them

Oh yeah I knew it too. But at least they have the good sense to put the Cruiserweights on one show. I more or less said I was going to stop watching or paying attention closely if they did another brand split, and that will probably end up happening.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

If we're writing out Paige then I guess Emma started the revolution.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I mean the glass half full way of looking at things is that at least with the split they're now running two angles with the women per week which is about one more than they did presplit.

But yeah the lack of depth is going to see them burn through everything double quick.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Oh yeah I knew it too. But at least they have the good sense to put the Cruiserweights on one show.
Except for the one guy who wanted to do a good Lucha thing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cruiserweight, when not in its own separate universe/show is just a label that says This Wrestler Doesn't Matter so I'm not sure I'd call that a plus in any form

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I mean that's one way to look at it, but not every single wrestler can be fighting for the top title at any time and a lot of that offense looks better when it's done with another smaller guy. There's ways of helping the division like maybe guys who aren't technically a part of it could have competitive matches in it. But it gives those guys time on TV and doing stuff. The way WWE's philosophy works is that almost no one except one guy matters. So having those guys in their own division is better than them just floating around and fodder for Braun Strowman to squash. And like I said it wouldn't surprise me if they do that with Braun Strowman and have him vs 4 Cruiserweights at Survivor Series and squashes them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kawalimus posted:

Smackdown's roster is actually really good, and even their bad wrestlers have cool entrances to make up for it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

IcePhoenix posted:

Smackdown's roster is actually really good, and even their bad wrestlers have cool entrances to make up for it.

Dean's music is pretty cool, you're right.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
I'm fine with the cruiserweight division being squashed as long as they bring back Scott Steiner to do it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

For supposedly having the worse roster with women, Smackdown has made them all pretty good to great and almost all of them are getting over or staying over. Nattie is really the only one I think struggling. The Carmella turn has been working great, Alexa is looking great, the Eva Marie angle is fantastic, and Becky will always be over because her matches are great and she connects with the crowd.

For Raw, I don't care if they make Bayley the new Cena and just have her constantly win and be champion. I think a returning Emma will help out too. And there's always the Asuka option if they feel they need someone else at the top.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Actually it's bad.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Korelle posted:

I'm fine with the cruiserweight division being squashed as long as they bring back Scott Steiner to do it.

hell, :same:

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Paige is not very good and at this point worse than Nikki Bella. I know there was talk at one point of making Asuka an NXT only talent, but they really have got to call her up.

I'd expect the Wrestlemania Smackdown women's match to be either Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella, or something weird like Becky Lynch vs Lita (who works as a trainer currently, right?)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
This is Meltzer reading into a story's existence and saying it doesn't look good for Paige's future. He didn't say that Paige was officially done or anything.

I mean, he could be right, I just hate when people take his speculation as fact.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

shiksa posted:

He is an actual mental patient who is wheeled out in a Hannibal lecter gimmick

Strait jacket unbuckled, face mask removed, climbs into the ring with a sinister look on his face... proceeds to do irish whips, flair chops, and chin locks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Dean is not a woman

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Make Summer Rae great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Smackdown by and large has made me care more about all of it's women then Raw has, like Nattie is still a weird mom who shouts at people but it's kinda entertaining in it's own light. Raw has had Alicia Fox show up once and I forget if Summer Rae has shown up. Definitely Raw is lacking.

But in the end it's better than half the women being ignored and at least the smackdown women are cool and I actually don't mind what they're doing with them and I actively hope the next few women go to Smackdown instead of Raw because at least they'd do something with them over there.

• Locked thread