Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

did wwe blow it with paige, or did paige blow it with wwe? one thing is for sure, when she leaves i foresee a lot of blow in her future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

did wwe blow it with paige, or did paige blow it with wwe? one thing is for sure, when she leaves i foresee a lot of blow in her future.

Women in the WWE only really have a year at the top, anyway:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/18/12539890/the-revolution-was-a-lie-paiges-suspension-and-the-disturbing

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

paige was never really that good of pro wrestler to begin with, but she's super hot and a fan boy's wet dream, so I can see why people would be bummed she's leaving WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GenericMartini posted:

Smackdown by and large has made me care more about all of it's women then Raw has, like Nattie is still a weird mom who shouts at people but it's kinda entertaining in it's own light. Raw has had Alicia Fox show up once and I forget if Summer Rae has shown up. Definitely Raw is lacking.

But in the end it's better than half the women being ignored and at least the smackdown women are cool and I actually don't mind what they're doing with them and I actively hope the next few women go to Smackdown instead of Raw because at least they'd do something with them over there.

Smackdown is using their whole roster. Until Bayley showed up, RAW was just The Charlotte Show (even before the split). I just wish Alexa Bliss would get Blake and Murphy back. It's so rare that a "Multiple guys with 1 chick" stable has the chick as the undisputed leader. I like them as her bumbling henchmen that can't pull off any of her plans.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I think they could have done better with her, but Paige comes from a super carny family and I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She seems immature, which makes sense considering her age.

Hooking up with Del Rio was probably a big mistake though.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Make Summer Rae great again.

:same:

Here. Take the fish.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Assuming her injuries aren't career ending and she has quit, I see Paige (ironically) doing a del Rio and coming back a year or three down the line when things have cooled down. It's pretty clear WWE wants to market her to a segment of their audience and they still are basically the only game in town for women's wrestling on this sort of stage.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'd also say Paige lost a lot of her uniqueness when WWE started (theoretically anyway) actually going with real wrestlers instead of a bunch of blonde nobodies. It's easy being ~the anti-diva~ when the main roster is all models who can't work, it's something else when a bunch of them are better than you and you're on total divas every week

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Would'nt Emma be on Smackdown since she's dating Zack Ryder? Or is the office not in favor of that relationship?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Corzaa posted:

Would'nt Emma be on Smackdown since she's dating Zack Ryder? Or is the office not in favor of that relationship?

When are they ever in favor of Zack Ryder?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

WadeBartender posted:

When are they ever in favor of Zack Ryder?

When his Dad is around I guess.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Corzaa posted:

https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/766723787740053505

jvempire
May 10, 2009

That DICK! posted:

For real! Like, what? They're friends? They existed as people before WWE introduced them to the roster, and formed relationships throughout that time? What would really help is if they became friends as a tag team inexplicably, months and years after their respective debuts and established rivalry within WWE, so that I can wrap my mind around how they could be friends but are no longer friends

Edit: this is unnecessarily harsh and I'm sorry but c'mon son!
I guess really I just want to see them tag team cus I started watching wrasslin' in 2014 so I missed all the cool PWG/ROH/etc stuff.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Paige is not very good and at this point worse than Nikki Bella. I know there was talk at one point of making Asuka an NXT only talent, but they really have got to call her up.

I'd expect the Wrestlemania Smackdown women's match to be either Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella, or something weird like Becky Lynch vs Lita (who works as a trainer currently, right?)

It seems like all the NXT ladies slowly get less impressive once they get called up. Is it due to bad writing? Less match time? Opponents they're not used to?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I guess people have been saying there's a ton of full match scripting in NXT for a while

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Good Listener posted:

It seems like all the NXT ladies slowly get less impressive once they get called up. Is it due to bad writing? Less match time? Opponents they're not used to?

I suspect its because they have to wrestle more often so they can't prep their matches as much

Also maybe the agents in NXT are better or at least give them more attention

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Good Listener posted:

Probably a number of factors. Overexposure, tougher to stay in top form due to travel schedule, WWE's awful rambling promos, etc.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH challenges them to try to show up the guys. On the main roster, that's not going to be the case on a regular basis.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the backstage area at raw is extremely hostile, for exanple bayley was stabbed with a needle by someone last week and they said it was just gravy on it so shut the hell up. Bad matches are a symptom of a greater problem. Is it really gravy or isn't it

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

WWE'S Facebook page says Sasha has some "Bad News" to deliver today.

Shiiit

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Shiiit

Sasha to insult Jerry Lawler: Confirmed.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm holding our for the debut of Bad News Banks

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm holding our for the debut of Bad News Banks

So She will get over on her own and then get told to not get over.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The_Rob posted:

So She will get over on her own and then get told to not get over.

Well she's got to be used to that by now, right?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Also for all of the complaints about what the draft has done to the womens division, do people think it was that much better before it happened? All you got was one big womens fued and then a large tag match every week and that was pretty much it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Smackdown has 6.5 women and has already set up both a title storyline and the nikki/carmella feud

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Raw Report: a small child was just chanting "Sheamus Sucks!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

alpha_destroy posted:

Sounds like a smart kid.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GeneX posted:

the nikki/carmella feud

How is that a positive?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

How is that a positive?
How is it not?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

How is it not?

It also abruptly ended the Carmella Nattie feud and keeps Natalya off of our tvs

Unless she just goes back to loving over Becky

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Atticus Finch posted:

How is it not?

It's going to be Titus vs. Darren bad once the match comes around.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Smiley posted:

It's going to be Titus vs. Darren bad once the match comes around.
Nikki has a better Rollling Elbow than Darren and she is better than Titus and Darren combined

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

alpha_destroy posted:

I agree but Brogue Kick him and upload it to youtube, please

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Talking Smack so much better than Raw Preshow.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Nikki has a better Rollling Elbow than Darren and she is better than Titus and Darren combined

Nikki rules.

Darren drools.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Blaise330 posted:

Talking Smack so much better than Raw Preshow.

Not like the Smackdown Preshow is any better - mostly because it's the same people.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would have dinner with Emma but I'd make sure she didn't leave with any silverware.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Shiiit

Bad news for Charlotte!

I hope :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Just saw on the WWE snapchat story that Sasha will be on RAM, but with "bad news". Is The Boss a farm?

• Locked thread