Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the plane has usb ports to charge my phone so hopefully battery shouldnt be an issue. im looking at twewy or one of the dragon quests but i heard some of the phone ports are messed up for dq. i dont own a 3ds or a laptop and its a budget flight to japan which means you have to pay $10 to watch a movie lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw both baldurs gate games are on android which is epic but i dont beleive for a second it would be playable on a phone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Battle for Wesnoth OP

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a Tetris game I like to play if you're into that. I dunno if that's available for android

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Baulders gate and ice wind Dale are on the iOS store I can't believe they'd be playable lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
dq1/2/3 & 8 aren't great ports but dq4/5/6 are fine iirc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Battle for Wesnoth OP

the game description is an instruction manual

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

the game description is an instruction manual

It's a turn-based strategy game with a little bit of persistence within a campaign, kind of like Fire Emblem I guess. It's pretty basic. I only played the Android port which has a sub-menu that lets you fine-tune the mouse emulation and choose if you want to download the sound or the bonus campaigns

The campaigns you can choose go from extremely long (lets you get lots of high level units towards the end) and mostly easy to short and brutally difficult

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
80 Days is a good one, OP

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

julian assflange posted:

80 Days is a good one, OP

that doesnt look like it will keep my mind occupied for 9 hours

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think Snakebird is on smartphones now

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

do you like pinball

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think Snakebird is on smartphones now

one of the similar apps for it is a game called gym escape and im lolling hardcore haha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

do you like pinball

ive had pinball arcade and medieval madness since ive had a smartphone op

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

do NOT recommend any other tables, i have the best one in existence right in my pocket

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
DDP MAX has lots of stages and is fun to get high Scores in.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Is it fascism yet posted:

DDP MAX has lots of stages and is fun to get high Scores in.

dodonpachi? is that on android?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

games im considering mentioned in this thread and reasons

-twewy (have no idea if i'll like it but arfjason goes insane whenever its mentioned, ive never actually finished a jrpg)
-dq 4, 5 or 6 (i like the one dq game i played but also obviously never finished it, i cant remember which one it was)
-battle for wesnoth (looks like it might be good but the controls looked messed up and was recommended by larry the rapist)
-snakebird (im actually getting this, its free)

i also have a few internal train trips, something like that 80 days game wont last me for the 30 hours of travel im probably going to end up doing which is why im looking at things like long rear end jrpgs, i dont want to fill my phone with 100 microgames i'll get bored of after an hour. i probably wont play shmups, i hate playing them on a phone, it feels terrible

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DQV is the answer.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

DQV is the answer.

thank you

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ghost trick

or 999 which i still need to play

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i spent almost $20 on dq5 and snakebird now. feel free to recommend other epics that are actually decent to play on a phone but this thread has served its use

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dongicus posted:

ghost trick

or 999 which i still need to play

also im sure this post is a troll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also im sure this post is a troll

They're both good games but I believe the phone ports are rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you spent 20+ dollars on apps you probably should have just bought an old ds lite and a flash cart for like 40 and be done with it. IMO of course.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The phone 999 removes all the puzzles

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

If you spent 20+ dollars on apps you probably should have just bought an old ds lite and a flash cart for like 40 and be done with it. IMO of course.

i have an original fat ds with flash cart but i lost the charger. and i think i played every single good game in the library 1000 times already

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that includes the gba library aswell. im tempted to bust out my old brick gameboy and play tetris though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i have an original fat ds with flash cart but i lost the charger. and i think i played every single good game in the library 1000 times already

apparently not TWEWY though...or any DQ game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or 999 or ghost trick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

apparently not TWEWY though...or any DQ game

i didnt even hear of it until like 2 years ago... i ignored jrpgs for 20 years after i realised i stopped playing most of them after like 10 hours

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you grew up playing final fantasy, i grew up fragging noobs in quake, cest la vie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

your learning quake is epic and recently ive been learning l, other jrpgs are as badass as the one dragon quest game i played after rocket slime

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Pokémon GO, op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

your learning quake is epic and recently ive been learning l, other jrpgs are as badass as the one dragon quest game i played after rocket slime

This is awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pokémon GO, op.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I like phone rhythm action games. deemo, cytus, and VOEZ are some ive been playing recently. The problem is if you don't have good headphones, the noise of the plane might make them hard to play

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If Dune the original RTS is still on the app page, that's the only phone game I play.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Going to Japan? Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You should get a 3DS

• Locked thread