Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Date trip report with Ronda. She was a funny date and a gentle pegger, a+ all around gal will date again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I have it on good authority that Ronda Rousey has herpes.

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit

Al Cowens posted:

Let's just pretend that didn't happen.

Well regardless I'm sure rin has moved on since her defeats in the UFC. Just last month she won a decisive victory in Pancrase... against a 40-year-old.

Also I'm looking at her blog (via google translate). She seems to be having some trouble as of late. Her computer got hacked, and in the post under that one she seems to be complaining that the players on her city's soccer team make more money than she does? Idk does anybody here read japanese. Anyway ganbare rin-chan.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EoinCannon posted:

Why would that fighter agree to it? What accomplishment would she feel in battering that untrained woman?

She was probably an undercard fight and her opponent was a no show so the venue needed to get someone for her to fight to keep the few paying spectators appeased. Maybe she even got a hundred bucks or something as the undercard winner. There aren't many spare female mma fighters around so the venue probably just literally asked all the trainers there if they had a spare.

They should have just changed it to an exhibition or whatever. The first time you end up in a spot like this as a fighter you usually don't know what you're supposed to do so you just go out and murder the other person because your prep was to be maximally ready and fight to your fullest and it's hard to put the brakes on a train. People who have been fighting for a long time but haven't managed to climb the ladder far enough end up doing these fights from time to time and you learn to take it easy on the chump so long as the chump isn't swinging for the fences (which puts you at a small risk of losing to a chump, especially in mma). An undefeated fighter will be given shots up the ladder very often even if he's only like 6-0. Once you have a defeat it's like you're begging for any meaningful and therefore potentially monetarily rewarding contest at all, especially if you're a boxer, but also if you're an mma fighter. Your coach is usually a fighter with a deep history in the sport but who never made it to the upper crust, which means he's likely to have a 30-7 record or something like that, and he remembers what happened to his prospects after his first loss, so often your coach will tell you to take no chances and just put the opponent dead away, even if they're obviously poo poo and almost no risk to you.

Also when you're training you eventually meet someone that can't turn off training mode when he gets in the ring to go knives out. There's a ghost of this guy in your mind early on and you want to make sure you keep in contact with the real fighter you are working hard to be.

These things easily add up to occasional huge and obvious mismatches. Generally though the person on the sour end of the match kind of implicitly understands all of this, knows they have no shot, but they're still brave enough to enter a real fight. So it's not as bad as it seems. It is important though that if you have real career prospects that your trainer and you safeguard your lossless record. This makes for a lot of avoidance at the top end between two very competitive fighters even in mma where there is only one sanctioning body that has the money/clout to get the tv time to in turn pay you anything nonnegligible, as opposed to boxing where HBO, Showtime and Fox kind of bid for various associations' bigger fights/events b and therefore it's harder to force two top guys to go head to head, which is almost always a poor financial decision for a fighter with prospects.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cyborg is going to rule the ufc for awhile even at a disadvantage of having to shed all her weight. its a shame really, these other women fighters should be forced to gain weight. Shouldn't be that hard OHHHHHHHHHHH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvUIW-0jC3o

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I really want moridin to start defending practical ninjitsu for the octagon again, that really made my day yesterday

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
actually i never did that

:)

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Ninjas are masters of stealth, infiltration, and assassination, not combat sport fighting in front of a huge audience. You never see ninjas in the Octagon because if a ninja is any drat good you don't see him period.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Ninjas flip out ALL the time.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yes, moridins argument was that ninjitsu was more practical on the streets as opposed to in the octagon. It's pretty much equally retarded but let's not misrepresent the man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my argument was more that MMA is a sport and lol at idiots thinking it is a an effective fighting system for real life situations where someone is probably going to try and gouge your eyes or slam your nutsack

the only reason "ninjas" were brought up is bc that's what the video had in it and you people fixate on stupid poo poo namaste

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

actually i never did that

:)

this is just your sad attempt at ninja deception I'd say you need more time in the dojo grasshopper

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
mma is bad in real life situations everyone

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^^^ im not the one that made or posted a jerk off video about how some MMA fighter is totes kicking a "ninjas" rear end

proof of concept posted:

this is just your sad attempt at ninja deception I'd say you need more time in the dojo grasshopper

drat maybe so

naem
May 29, 2011

I find myself nodding in agreement to everything mordin says most of the time as its all pretty well thought out

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Moridin920 posted:

my argument was more that MMA is a sport and lol at idiots thinking it is a an effective fighting system for real life situations where someone is probably going to try and gouge your eyes or slam your nutsack

the only reason "ninjas" were brought up is bc that's what the video had in it and you people fixate on stupid poo poo namaste

my argument is that 1.) mma dudes are as capable of gouging eyes or slamming your nutsack as any ninja 2.) most street fights end up in wrestling anyway (unless you manage to ko your opponent in the first seconds of the fight, source: liveleak videos) so your wrong morondin

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nauta posted:

my argument is that 1.) mma dudes are as capable of gouging eyes or slamming your nutsack as any ninja 2.) most street fights end up in wrestling anyway (unless you manage to ko your opponent in the first seconds of the fight, source: liveleak videos) so your wrong morondin

you have a really good mma av

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OARa6KXur0

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nauta posted:

whatevs dude I've seen enough brash MMA wannabes get their drunk rear end beat to not care namaste

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0

Bas Rutten talking about ninjas.

LoL ninjas. Perhaps people should just concede that secluded martial art styles with heaps of bullshit on top from years of story telling and mysticism are about as effective as ancient chinese remedies.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jonathan posted:

Perhaps people should just concede that secluded martial art styles with heaps of bullshit on top from years of story telling and mysticism are about as effective as ancient chinese remedies.

bruce lee said as much

but I wasn't ever trying to start the TMA is better than MMA argument.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but ninjas put paper in their mouths so they can breathe sideways, which has many important advantages in a real life situation

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

That's gotta be some sort of weird rear end fetish

"Hey Mike Tyson, I bet you couldn't knock me out by uppercutting me in the dick."

"What? Ok, lets try it out."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

yeah but ninjas put paper in their mouths so they can breathe sideways, which has many important advantages in a real life situation

idk I just thought it was an interesting little fact from history to spice up posts from mentally ill goons going

NINJA DID YOU SEE HE SAID NJINJA NJINJA NINJA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAH NINJA YOU GUYS

just a reminder I'm not the one that posted "check out this MMA dude beat this ninja's rear end :smug: "

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nvm found it thanks broz

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 31, 2016

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgwlj4wWFc

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mostly I was trying to answer someone's question of "why is the ground wrestling game so prevalent in MMA" but you know NINJAS is a trigger word around here apparently

\/\/\/\/ i mean who are you even talking to at this point

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 31, 2016

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
grappling is no match for throwing down a smoke bomb and when it clears up the other guy realizes he actually just body-slammed a log, that's why it's against the rules in the octagon

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
sorry uh, we don't spar in my krav maga dojo, our techniques are much too deadly and lethal for that and anyways you can come train with us, we're conveniently located in the publix plaza next to the payless shoe store

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
say 'ninja' and watch the goons spout 90s jokes

meanwhile, in reality, this is what happens to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbh7xJIrio

quote:

At one point Falcao is knocked unconscious with a baseball bat and the men still continue the attack, punching, kicking his head and stomping on him several times. Maiquel Falcao and his friend were sent to the hospital with serious injuries.

because being a good fighter in the ring means not much in reality. you can beat up the average drunk schlub at the bar congrats lol. the best technique is still to just run away and/or not be a douche to begin with.

e: skip to about 40 seconds in to see some dude creep up from the back and hit him with a baseball bat

\/\/\/\/ i just have this issue where i can't stop responding to people idk what it is really

my taint has been through a lot

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 31, 2016

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Moridin920 posted:

mostly I was trying to answer someone's question of "why is the ground wrestling game so prevalent in MMA" but you know NINJAS is a trigger word around here apparently

\/\/\/\/ i mean who are you even talking to at this point

you are the best part of the thread because I am actually learning something from reading your posts and I get what you're saying about how MMA isn't real fighting compared to a street fight or some poo poo due to rules preventing matches from turning into endless dick punching

but you are also the best because the responses to the goon ninja brigade are amazing I don't care if you're serious or not but never stop

fake edit: I'm not kidding this thread is garbage except for you

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
instead of getting a massive concussion when that guy hit him in the head from behind with a pipe, he should have gouged the dude's eyes out

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

proof of concept posted:

instead of getting a massive concussion when that guy hit him in the head from behind with a pipe, he should have gouged the dude's eyes out

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

proof of concept posted:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Saw the pics from when she was on Oprah or whatever and her tits didn't get the memo to gain weight with the rest of her.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moridin920 posted:

bruce lee said as much

but I wasn't ever trying to start the TMA is better than MMA argument.

No i'm not attacking you. You're just being picked on in a GBS thread because you're outspoken.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Say Nothing posted:

Ronda Rousey inspired this soccer mom to try mma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwz5H43ND5I&hd=1

They should get a soccer mom that can get the 40% off TV on Black Friday

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Fallon Fox, the transgender female professional MMA fighter.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

doctor 7 posted:

you are the best part of the thread because I am actually learning something from reading your posts and I get what you're saying about how MMA isn't real fighting compared to a street fight or some poo poo due to rules preventing matches from turning into endless dick punching

but you are also the best because the responses to the goon ninja brigade are amazing I don't care if you're serious or not but never stop

fake edit: I'm not kidding this thread is garbage except for you

What I've learned from morodin is that the people who argue about MMA vs boxing vs kickboxing are missing out on the real enemy

People who unironically defend ninjitsu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

Fallon Fox, the transgender female professional MMA fighter.

:frogsiren: :supaburn: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

• Locked thread