Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Don Tacorleone posted:

What is this Ronda Rousey shits on the woods meme from?

It came from her first or second interview after the Holm loss. She said she got really depressed and her boyfriend, Travis Browne, took her out to his cabin in the woods where they ate a bunch of fast food. She then said she went through a whole roll of toilet paper that weekend because she pooped that much.

evobatman posted:

In the fight Ronda knocked her out in 30 seconds with strikes, making it the first UFC female knockout, and Ronda yelled "Don't cry" at her while walking away from her.

This isn't true. I believe Cat Zingano had the first knockout against Meisha Tate. Unless we're talking about the difference beaten KOs and TKOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Trast posted:

It came from her first or second interview after the Holm loss. She said she got really depressed and her boyfriend, Travis Browne, took her out to his cabin in the woods where they ate a bunch of fast food. She then said she went through a whole roll of toilet paper that weekend because she pooped that much.

Reading this just, makes me proud to be American

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Travis Browne needs to ditch that bitch. I'm sure she's been all needy and negative and judgmental and just a big ol pissy pants.

He doesn't need to deal with her attention starved bullshit and trying to be a good boyfriend while training for a fight.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
being a good boyfriend is not really high on the list of travis brown priorities, he's an even shittier person than she is

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Travis Browne is a dumb rear end bearded turd golem

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

being a good boyfriend is not really high on the list of travis brown priorities, he's an even shittier person than she is

I bet Ronda hits him.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Travis "Pause the fight, my thumb hurts" Browne

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the best thing travis brown has ever done is get liu kang kicked in the face by a cooler and better fighter

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

jerkstoresup posted:

What? He tried this?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

jerkstoresup posted:

ssssss owwww!!! timeout!!!!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

What? He tried this?

he did that. and the ref was like ok np

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Travis Browne started dating Rousey while he was in the middle of being accused of beating his wife. He is a quality human being.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

naem posted:

Reading this just, makes me proud to be American

Just imagine reading that with "Real American" playing in the background.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Trast posted:

Travis Browne started dating Rousey while he was in the middle of being accused of beating his wife. He is a quality human being.

Yeah, but who hasn't been accused of beating Browne's wife?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

he did that. and the ref was like ok np

I think the ref thought there was an issue with is glove, instead of him calling a time out because he got an ouchie booboo

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Trast posted:

This isn't true. I believe Cat Zingano had the first knockout against Meisha Tate. Unless we're talking about the difference beaten KOs and TKOs.

Yeah, it was the first real KO, not TKO. Bethe faceplanted pretty good!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

evobatman posted:

Yeah, it was the first real KO, not TKO. Bethe faceplanted pretty good!

It was a pretty hilarious way to go given the amount of trash talking.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't stand the thought of fighting with a busted toe or finger, or broken nose.

Any fight that I've been in where I was smacked in the nose I just stopped. My eyes immediately start crying like a bitch.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

jonathan posted:

I can't stand the thought of fighting with a busted toe or finger, or broken nose.

Any fight that I've been in where I was smacked in the nose I just stopped. My eyes immediately start crying like a bitch.

Busted toes have cost a lot of fighters a chance at winning. Upstanding catholic cocaine aficionado and stripper support system Jon Jones nearly lost his title to Chael Sonnen because he broke his toe. If he hadn't finished Sonnen in the second he would have had to forfeit the fight due to the rules. And recently Rory MacDonald had his nose caved in by Robbie Lawler and Stephen Thompson in consecutive fights.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The gif'd my posting?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Has anyone mentioned that Browne is an eye poker too? Google search Mitrione's eye. Or better yet, don't. :nms:

I creamed my pants when Werdum Mortal Kombat kicked him

naem
May 29, 2011

Is that blood

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

naem posted:

Is that blood

Yes, but not his own.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Is that blood

They put a stop to fighters recovering from their weight cut with IVs of saline so now the best way to rehydrate is just to drink a whole bunch of blood

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

it is salsa from the post-match fiesta

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
Gang fight initiations should be broadcast IMO they can be pretty epic even with the girls.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Vargs posted:

it is salsa from the post-match fiesta

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ronda Fatsy

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Sheep-Goats posted:

They should have just changed it to an exhibition or whatever. The first time you end up in a spot like this as a fighter you usually don't know what you're supposed to do so you just go out and murder the other person because your prep was to be maximally ready and fight to your fullest and it's hard to put the brakes on a train. People who have been fighting for a long time but haven't managed to climb the ladder far enough end up doing these fights from time to time and you learn to take it easy on the chump so long as the chump isn't swinging for the fences (which puts you at a small risk of losing to a chump, especially in mma). An undefeated fighter will be given shots up the ladder very often even if he's only like 6-0. Once you have a defeat it's like you're begging for any meaningful and therefore potentially monetarily rewarding contest at all, especially if you're a boxer, but also if you're an mma fighter. Your coach is usually a fighter with a deep history in the sport but who never made it to the upper crust, which means he's likely to have a 30-7 record or something like that, and he remembers what happened to his prospects after his first loss, so often your coach will tell you to take no chances and just put the opponent dead away, even if they're obviously poo poo and almost no risk to you.

In an australian fight promotion a long time ago, a fighter pulled out at the last minute and steve irwin and his entourage was there watchung fights and steves bodyguard jumped in and fought the other guy on like 20 mins notice, it was pretty sweet. I have the whole card on dvd

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Nierbo posted:

In an australian fight promotion a long time ago, a fighter pulled out at the last minute and steve irwin and his entourage was there watchung fights and steves bodyguard jumped in and fought the other guy on like 20 mins notice, it was pretty sweet. I have the whole card on dvd

The most amazing this about this is finding out that Steve Irwin rated a bodyguard.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The most amazing this about this is finding out that Steve Irwin rated a bodyguard.

A lot of animals probably wanted him dead. It took him being out of his element and without his bodyguard for one to finally make the hit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
His bodyguard was a croc so yeah it was a pretty good fight

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

el dingo posted:

A lot of animals probably wanted him dead. It took him being out of his element and without his bodyguard for one to finally make the hit.

I guess his bodyguard couldnt swim.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It sucks that so many cell phone/hand cam street fights that are 1 guy vs multiple from first person pov get quickly deleted off youtube because of police reports or youtube's content policy. You never know how fast a fighter is till they're punching you or you're seeing it from their eyes. Some of these doods just anticipate all the movement and rig the fight with psychological premeditated movements in advance that preys on your openness and mistakes. Classic street fight bare knuckle boxing is basically the judo of punch sports.

And yet stuff like this is left up where you can hear the bones cracking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_rNt-FNMX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSX0PCQXiO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0oAbiIeMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWE79K2Ii-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgS3kCv79I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJzaSzD-bA

~some things are bred to fight~

personable decorum fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 14, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

personable decorum posted:

It sucks that so many cell phone/hand cam street fights that are 1 guy vs multiple from first person pov get quickly deleted off youtube because of police reports or youtube's content policy. You never know how fast a fighter is till they're punching you or you're seeing it from their eyes. Some of these doods just anticipate all the movement and rig the fight with psychological premeditated movements in advance that preys on your openness and mistakes. Classic street fight bare knuckle boxing is basically the judo of punch sports.

And yet stuff like this is left up where you can hear the bones cracking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_rNt-FNMX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSX0PCQXiO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0oAbiIeMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWE79K2Ii-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgS3kCv79I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJzaSzD-bA

~some things are bred to fight~

Pretty big difference between an illegal street fight and a sanctioned fight in the ring.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

JB50 posted:

Pretty big difference between an illegal street fight and a sanctioned fight in the ring.

maybe if you're talking rigging and style but most trained boxers get some kind of street fighting background work done in training it just fits under the self-defense chapter which makes it so much more lethal

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LT56 posted:

maybe if you're talking rigging and style but most trained boxers get some kind of street fighting background work done in training it just fits under the self-defense chapter which makes it so much more lethal

I was more talking in reference to youtube videos and such.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Are we supposed to hate ronda now im behind the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

JB50 posted:

I was more talking in reference to youtube videos and such.

Content only begets content life is a waterfall of money the NSA controls all of the stock market for fun I have a brain implant (srtsly)

• Locked thread