Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIcOFvWqjk

smh if you wouldn't become a superhero

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's why you remain anonymous, do the hero stuff while time is frozen and then unfreeze time somewhere far away and watch the results of your heroing on the news. Does it have to be all about the recognition man?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shoehead posted:

Have you ever seen high speed footage of a water balloon bursting? I imagine the ink kind of hanging there like that while you try not to touch it.

I also forget how they rig money with that though.. maybe you'd be better off opening some cash registers instead.

Well, that's the problem, the dye is inside the pack of money. So you touch the money while time is frozen, the money is touching the trap, the trap is touching the dye pack, which is touching the dye. So as soon as you interact with the money, the trap will unfreeze and go off. Any dye not touching anything after the pack goes off won't move, but that's like teeny tiny particles inbetween the layers of bills, so good luck not touching them.Cracking cash registers is probably a better option.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I'm still waiting for that guy who always comes in and ruins the discussion with "but aren't you touching the ground which is touching everything??????"

please nobody be that guy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So, to get the rules we've generally agreed upon straight:

- Time freezes completely whenever you decide and unfreezes whenever you decide
- Almost anything you touch while time is frozen becomes animated and enters frozen time with you
- The ground does not count as a thing you are touching
- People also do not become animated so you can touch their boobs or poop in their mouth or w/e
- Complex machines like cars still work because things you're touching touch other things etc
- You come back at the exact instant you left, not even a microsecond later
- You age normally while time is frozen
- The laws of physics/thermodynamics et al do not apply their effects to you or things you do at the moment you freeze or unfreeze because that'd just break the whole thing and ruin the whole point of the question

That about all of it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Germstore posted:

Does the ejaculate freeze as soon as it breaks contact? Would it produce a jizz sonic boom?

Hmm, this is a good question. After the jizz leaves your body does it just hang there in the air? Do you have to pretend to be an artist and paint with your dick to get your jizz to stay on things and have momentum when you unfreeze??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The power to manipulate time while still being affected physically by your manipulation sounds excruciating. Say you slow time down to like .00000001s/s, you'd have to spend literal thousands of realtime minutes just processing the thought that you want time to go back to normal speed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be honest if I had the magical time freeze power I'd just use it for boring stuff like sleeping without losing any time, freezing time so I can get tests/work done in an instant, etc. It's not that I don't have the imagination, it's just that it's not like the time freeze power will let me undo any mistakes I make with it. So I wouldn't wanna gently caress it up by getting caught robbing a bank somehow and being put in a time cube and jettisoned into space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Day Man posted:

No, the only subjective measure of how fast or slowly time passes are your thoughts. If your thoughts slow down when time slows down, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You can't think and have feelings about how long it's taking to create a thought. Those thoughts take the same amount of time.

Basically, if your thoughts are tied to the real world passage of time, like they are in real life, you can't tell when time is slowing down or speeding up.

Well if you wanna get semantic, technically it's not so much how long it takes for you to think it and more how long it takes for the thought to have whatever magical effect that causes time to speed back up. If you can change time instantly like flipping a switch then you're right, it doesn't matter; but if you change it at a set rate like moving a slider knob then the action your "speed time back up" thought causes will be proportional to whatever speed time is currently going at.

• Locked thread