Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/market_alert/2016/08/30/Yen-Little-Changed-as-Unemployment-Rate-Drops-to-a-21-Year-Low.html

What's so great about having low unemployment. Why would one want to be employed? It's much better to live and do what one wills when one wills.

This thread is all about how to live the high life and not work a lot because working isn't fun. Post ways you can get free stuff from the govt. Stories about getting that free stuff. ect."

clam the FUCK down fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Poor little Yen.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i wish i can be unemployed but still able to pay the mortgage on our stupidass condo. i would quit my job so fast it would helicopter your stinky weinerballs.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

JiveHonky posted:

i wish i can be unemployed but still able to pay the mortgage on our stupidass condo. i would quit my job so fast it would helicopter your stinky weinerballs.

Sell the condo.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It's almost like if increases in employment yield sufficient increases in productivity, then inflation will not increase substantially

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Man unemployment would own. I remember the year between graduation and getting my first job and I just got drunk every night and disc golfed every day, it was the bees knees.

Now I'm just angry all day long because I'm either working or stressed out about work.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Freedom isn't free. You have three options: make the boss man money, sleep and die in the street, or make the boss man even more money in prison. If you're a rich bitch you get a fourth option and that's to be a globetrotting NEET.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

How did Yen Little change? It doesn't say in the article

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Freedom isn't free. You have three options: make the boss man money, sleep and die in the street, or make the boss man even more money in prison. If you're a rich bitch you get a fourth option and that's to be a globetrotting NEET.

All of God's children are rich.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boomstick Quaid posted:

you can become the boss man

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i have my interview for unemployment benefits tomorrow morning, i hope the government gives me lots of free money :)

Alvie
May 22, 2008

I would kill for a print of that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i like having money to spend so i have to work

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i like having money to spend so i have to work

But what if, like, money didn't even exist>???

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Alvie posted:

I would kill for a print of that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

OctoberBlues posted:

welcome to the revolution brother

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

OctoberBlues posted:

If you think about it, money doesn't really "exist", it's just an abstraction. Like when someone gets a paycheck, it's a direct deposit, which is just arbitrary data in a database. So uh

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Doghouse posted:

If you think about it, money doesn't really "exist", it's just an abstraction. Like when someone gets a paycheck, it's a direct deposit, which is just arbitrary data in a database. So uh

Well that's why we need to go back to the gold standard. :grin:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I used to be unemployed but now that I've completely given up on searching for work I'm technically not unemployed anymore, yay statistics

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Unemployed failson checking in

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i just leave town and kill monsters when i'm low on cash and i never report any of it :cabot:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

CharlestonJew posted:

I used to be unemployed but now that I've completely given up on searching for work I'm technically not unemployed anymore, yay statistics

Yeah the "employment" and "unemployment" rates are just arbitrary numbers that have little correlation with reality.

Gave up on looking for work? Employed part-time, or at a lovely job, and looking for something better? Living off of social security or another welfare program and no longer looking for work? Good news, you're no longer "unemployed"!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i just leave town and kill monsters when i'm low on cash and i never report any of it :cabot:

I do freelance werewolf hunting but 10 times out of 10 the client claims I'm crazy and werewolves don't exist. And then I'm all like "I have to agree, I'm just that drat good". :smuggo:

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

ColoradoCleric posted:

Unemployed failson checking in
Unemployment sux

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I do freelance werewolf hunting but 10 times out of 10 the client claims I'm crazy and werewolves don't exist. And then I'm all like "I have to agree, I'm just that drat good". :smuggo:

then you kill them?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

then you kill them?

Oh no, I take their eternal soul. :stare:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
im unemployed, it's cool for the first couple of weeks but if youre a normal person after that it gets super boring and you just want to work and be in a routine again

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwCQK7IgcD0

Would you say this is your life?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
counterpoint: having lots of money is awesome

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

This thread helped me consider taking a vow of poverty, giving my life to our lord and savior, and serve as a trappist monk living in a cool abby making some tasty brews.

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

William Stoner posted:

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/market_alert/2016/08/30/Yen-Little-Changed-as-Unemployment-Rate-Drops-to-a-21-Year-Low.html

What's so great about having low unemployment. Why would one want to be employed? It's much better to live and do what one wills when one wills.

because involuntary unemployment is not the same thing as not participating in the labor force!!!

literally this big posted:

Yeah the "employment" and "unemployment" rates are just arbitrary numbers that have little correlation with reality.

Gave up on looking for work? Employed part-time, or at a lovely job, and looking for something better? Living off of social security or another welfare program and no longer looking for work? Good news, you're no longer "unemployed"!

unemployment is tricky because you need some definition to exclude those that aren't participating in the labor market like students, retirees, and gamers, but there are different measures of unemployment that include these things to some extent.

there is also plenty of good research about cyclical underemployment type stuff (people stuck in lovely jobs) but again hard to turn into statistics

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

system protocol posted:

This thread helped me consider taking a vow of poverty, giving my life to our lord and savior, and serve as a trappist monk living in a cool abby making some tasty brews.

I will become a doorman for the disadvantaged.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

system protocol posted:

cool, that means cheap lovely beer for all of us

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I could make about 44% less money than I do right now and pretty much break even every month. Time to find a job that pays 44% less, has zero responsibility, and can let me live happily ever after. :unsmith:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I could make about 44% less money than I do right now and pretty much break even every month. Time to find a job that pays 44% less, has zero responsibility, and can let me live happily ever after. :unsmith:

what about retirement

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

what about retirement

Well I suppose the government won't have anything for me, so I guess have children and hope they support me or kill myself?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you find yourself too old to work and with no savings or support from anyone, please do not kill yourself

instead should that unfortunate situation arise i urge you to consider killing billionaires

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I saved up a bunch of money and quit a decent paying job in May cause I thought I was gonna move to the UK.

Spent the month of July over there and went "HUH, NOPE" and came back to the US because I'm a pussy.

Now i'm teaching myself web development and will probably move to Portland or something at the end of this year.

Jesus being unemployed is boring as gently caress after the first couple weeks, there's only so much weed I can smoke. Oh god I haven't worked in four months...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Moridin920 posted:

if you find yourself too old to work and with no savings or support from anyone, please do not kill yourself

instead should that unfortunate situation arise i urge you to consider killing billionaires

Self-immolation in the name of a good cause seems like a p. great way to kill oneself. It's a great way to attract public attention to whatever cause or injustice you care about. Plus, you still get to die!

• Locked thread