Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

literally this big posted:

Self-immolation in the name of a good cause seems like a p. great way to kill oneself. It's a great way to attract public attention to whatever cause or injustice you care about. Plus, you still get to die!

vietnam and the arab spring turned out great didnt they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Maaaan i only got about a week between finishing school and getting hired and haven't been really unemployed for like 10 years.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i have a job

i like my job

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Freedom isn't free. You have three options: make the boss man money, sleep and die in the street, or make the boss man even more money in prison. If you're a rich bitch you get a fourth option and that's to be a globetrotting NEET.

Wisdom.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
My job consists of walking between subway cars explaining to people how I'm a hard working guy just down on his luck and needing some money to pay for my kid's schooling/for my dog's life saving surgery. Doing pretty well for myself.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Phlairdon posted:

My job consists of walking between subway cars explaining to people how I'm a hard working guy just down on his luck and needing some money to pay for my kid's schooling/for my dog's life saving surgery. Doing pretty well for myself.

a benefit of my job is a free ecopass so as an extention of my job is pretending you dont exist/hoping you get hit by a train

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
government pay for everything for me :)

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

hth posted:

a benefit of my job is a free ecopass so as an extention of my job is pretending you dont exist/hoping you get hit by a train

Same, unless you give me money.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
I am starting a new job tomorrow work as a janitor for 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. It is a good thing I didn't go to college for computer engineering or anything, cause that would be suicide levels of failing at life.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
unemployment is cool in theory but in reality u usually have to wait 6-12 weeks for a determination of eligibility for UI benefits and of course u wont see gently caress all during that period ask me how i now. last time i was on UI John Boner and the GOPs put the nix on extended UI the day after x-mas which i was informed about via robocall and subsequently became an alcoholic for 6 months

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Alvie posted:

I would kill for a print of that.

Just buy any of the crimethinc books on amazon. They are filled with those. And, even better than unemployment is being unemployed and abusing it:

http://www.stealfromwork.crimethinc.com/

Why be unemployed when you can do less than the minimum for as long as possible while stealing time and stuff from the company? Call in to work saying you're "working from home" and then hit your dealer up and get faced at 0900. Have it all and make the moments count IMO.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Mariana Horchata posted:

unemployment is cool in theory but in reality u usually have to wait 6-12 weeks for a determination of eligibility for UI benefits and of course u wont see gently caress all during that period ask me how i now. last time i was on UI John Boner and the GOPs put the nix on extended UI the day after x-mas which i was informed about via robocall and subsequently became an alcoholic for 6 months

Also good luck in getting it approved.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

punk rebel ecks posted:

Also good luck in getting it approved.

write ur local rep/MP a convincing sob story or bitch about gov inefficiency depending on whichever side of the aisle they fall on, im serious - i went from writing a letter to money in the bank in 3-5 days so dont just sit there waiting

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Do it ironically posted:

im unemployed, it's cool for the first couple of weeks but if youre a normal person after that it gets super boring and you just want to work and be in a routine again

This is not true at all if you're on unemployment (or employment insurance as they call it here). I had the time of my life the two times I was on it. 66% pay for doing nothing? Yes please.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
lol at not having a life outside work haha gj

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Do it ironically posted:

im unemployed, it's cool for the first couple of weeks but if youre a normal person after that it gets super boring and you just want to work and be in a routine again

I don't know how anyone gets bored on unemployment other than you have no real passions in life. Even with no job I have so much to do that I enjoy from reading, drawing, working out, computering, musicing, etc that I can't fit it all in each day and could easily fill every second of the rest of my life completely content in my own personal pursuits.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
yeah once it kicks in those 6 months or so are like the real freedom and liberty they go on and on about in the constitution, then of course once it ends starvation is a fantastic motivator to go out and sweet talk ur way back into a career

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

ddiddles posted:

Now i'm teaching myself web development and will probably move to Portland or something at the end of this year.

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE STOP MOVING HERE

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The only point of compulsory employment in a capitalist society is to instill the fear of destitution while the real point of "gainful" employment is to maim and murder you plebian saps stuck in the system.
There is no profit incentive; it's just in-your-face brutality :thumbsup:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I was unemployed for three months. I was financially okay, but it loving sucked. After the first week you get bored as poo poo. Hobbies end up feeling forced. You can only clean your house so much. Going to the RES Re Employment Session for a day where you sit with 200 other people who are just as bored being told not to put fuckman@yahoo.com on your resume. It was awful.

The only light was Obamacare had JUST kicked in, so since I wasn't making anything I got the best healthcare plan I've ever seen for myself and wife for basically free.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Champenema posted:

The only point of compulsory employment in a capitalist society is to instill the fear of destitution while the real point of "gainful" employment is to maim and murder you plebian saps stuck in the system.
There is no profit incentive; it's just in-your-face brutality :thumbsup:

idk man where u think the gas station hot dogs u eat come from

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
lol that makes me laugh

some goon "nobody should have to work and we should all get paid enough to watch cartoons and buy fast food"

where the gently caress the goon thinks that comes from lol

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
counter-point: being retired is boring

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
but yeah just quit and go hunt/gather your food its totally rad (you wouldn't survive)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jackyl posted:

lol that makes me laugh

some goon "nobody should have to work and we should all get paid enough to watch cartoons and buy fast food"

where the gently caress the goon thinks that comes from lol

Well obviously those people will have to work, but I won't! :grin:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Get on unemployment and learn how to grow weed with your spare time

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zeno-25 posted:

subsistence farming isnt a crime

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Zeno-25 posted:

what is this "on unemplyoment" you speak of

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Prince posted:

what is this "on unemplyoment" you speak of
You're either on the rolls or off em

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Joke's on you because I'm too poor to get a printer and too lazy to work to get printer money.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

How did Yen Little change? It doesn't say in the article

MtF. So now it's Chick Yen Little.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Mariana Horchata posted:

And you'd better hope you don't have anything like ineligible military service or a class action lawsuit settlement for $15 or anything retarded like that in the last 4 years, because that will totally gently caress your unemployment. I got laid off over the winter of '07/08, and the state was paying me fifty seven loving dollars a week because of various bullshit. Hey, nevermind how much I actually made at my job, just go ahead and look at everything that was not my job and use that number instead!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I got a new job where I inspect balls all day.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
As a chronically unemployed Mexican I can confirm that the only purpose jobs have is to get white husband's out of the house so we better breeders can ride your wild wife all day long.

You might think that feminism might have slowed this down since now more women are working. Boy you could not be more wrong.

Working women have their own money to rent motel rooms and buy me drugs. And they now feel even more empowered by sleeping around so they do it more. Gid drat I love feminism.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I am seeing red from that excellent troll that totally doesn't belong on some other website.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

ddiddles posted:

I saved up a bunch of money and quit a decent paying job in May cause I thought I was gonna move to the UK.

Spent the month of July over there and went "HUH, NOPE" and came back to the US because I'm a pussy.

Now i'm teaching myself web development and will probably move to Portland or something at the end of this year.

Jesus being unemployed is boring as gently caress after the first couple weeks, there's only so much weed I can smoke. Oh god I haven't worked in four months...

Definitely don't move to Portland

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Starving to death is pretty painful

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Athropos posted:

Starving to death is pretty painful

It costs maybe $80/week for a reasonable food budget. Just ask your parents or someone one the street for it.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

system protocol posted:

This thread helped me consider taking a vow of poverty, giving my life to our lord and savior, and serve as a trappist monk living in a cool abby making some tasty brews.

I want to take a vow of poverty then become a rich as gently caress monk selling premium exported booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
My friend dosent like to work. Along with his other scams he jerks people off in parks for $20 a go. Makes more than i do as its tax free and had heaps of free time.

• Locked thread