Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

Smiling wide as her hair is whipped around in the fierce winds at the top of the tower, Kendra looks up at the stars and takes a moment to appreciate the rush of being up so high. She is conflicted about what she is preparing to do, of course, but surely the Clock Tower would understand that summoning a Servant is the only way she can stop these rebels? Shoving the doubt aside for a moment, she recalls the forbidden knowledge she has garnered while hunting other mages who had tried to summon Servants. Using those scraps of stolen lore, she begins to piece together the summoning spell, using those vivid memories of restructuring the minds of others as her focus. Kendra chants and calls to the Caster, that they might help her in the missions to come, as her magic circuits light up with a fierce orange fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Brooks, alarmed

Alright, so some fucker was in his place. Likely not dangerous, could just be a squatter or something, but he couldn't rule out that it would be related to the War. Brooks presses up against the wall near the window and draws the, er, improvised blackjack he made earlier from a sock and a large whiskey stone, waiting to see if he can't make out more of the movement.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 10, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Brooks, outside the warehouse

Brooks peers in the window and watches as the shadow inside stops, rises, and quietly slides across the floor. The person inside looked small, but was longing something large in one hand, and from the other hand Brooks could see a soft light from his off hand. A cell phone maybe? Suddenly the figure tenses, eyes flashing in the reflected light. Brooks had been spotted!

Aisling, a misty workshop

Auroch was hunched over a worktable, hardly paying attention to his student, talking as he worked on some mysterious project. "A homunculus is often called an artificial human, created through alchemy. This is wrong. Foolish. They are tools, powerful magic circuits, that most often appear human by the manner of their creation. In theory, a homunculus could be created in the form of any living thing: a bird, a dog... the ancient druids are said to have created homunculus trees to assist in their rituals. Humans are the easiest method, though perhaps the most tragic. They understand themselves to be human, but never can be. They are flawed, doomed to deformities and short life spans. More dangerous are the so called 'perfect' homunculi, outwardly perfect, and able to sustain themselves on the energies of the world itself. These appearances mask a deadlier flaw, a warped mind..." the old man trailed off, staring out a window.

Raymus, a van, going somewhere

The thug keeps his gun trained on Raymus as he steps into the suspicious van and takes his seat. The door shuts, and the van peels away. The thug lets out a long sigh, then removes his mask.

"Beer?" he asks, proffering a can of cheap crap.

Alfred, Warehouse

A face in the window! One of the other mages from the church! Spying? Or assassination?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Have you come here to spy on me, bastard?!" Alfred yells at the window. "We are supposed to wait for three days, do you want to get both of us killed?"

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

Oh, it's that guy from the church. Brooks steps out from behind the window, palms held up.

"Uh, three days, my dude. And I'm here because my dad rented this place out for me, iunno why you're here...I mean, I know I'm irresistable, but seriously." He guffaws.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 10, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Rented? My family owns this place since World War 2, and I have the papers AND the keys to prove, unlike you, lockpicker." Alfred's mind starts to race. Perhaps if he immobilized this idiot and locked him up until the Grail War ends it would not break any rules. Hell, he could even 'persuade' him to give up his command spells without a fight.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

Brooks holds up the keys in his left hand. "Uh, what do you call these then, bro? I've got papers, too." What exactly is this pompous little jerk trying to pull?

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 10, 2016

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

quote:

Servant - Helena Blavatsky (Caster)

Keys:

Wild Rose
Heart: Prodigy, Rogue researcher
Shadow: Outcast, Unintelligible works

Mimulus
Heart: Research of phenomena, Search for contact with the higher plane.
Shadow: Restless pursuit, Stubburn

-Projects: Proving her research right, Making contact with the higher planes of existence

- Passions and Skills
- Passion: Pursuit of the unknown. (3)
- Passion: Worlds phenomena. (2)
- Skill: Administrator (1)
- Skill: Researcher (2)

-Bonds & Afflictions:
--Bond: A Servant must have a Master (5)
--Bond: Visions of the unknown (4)
--Bond: If you’ll look at section 23 of the graph… (3)
--Affliction: Maddening vision of the truth (3)
--Affliction: …what do you mean you don’t understand it? (3)

--Estate:
--- Messages From Beyond 2
---Investigators Workshop 2
--- Prodigy Mage 3
---Miraculous Attributes:
-----Persona 0 [0 points]
-----Domain 3 [9 points]
-----Aspect 0 [0 points]
-----Treasure 3 [9 points]

Gifts:
-Magic tuning (Domain 6, one person or thing -2, normal miracle -2 flexibility -1) 1 (The enhancement or suppression of an object's magical energies)
-Item creation (Domain 6 local -1 flexibility -1 Simple Miracle -1) 3 (The creation of magic objects)
-Sanat Kumara Lord of the Flames (Treasure 8 local -1 hard miracle, - 3 flexibility -1) 3 (Channel a fiery power of the beyond the stars though an unidentifiable flying object)
As the incantation ended a blinding bolt of energy seemed to pierce the sky and crash land directly in front of Kendra as the light cleared a woman appeared surrounded by plies of notes, disorganized bookshelves, and a blackboard covered in scrawled notes and cartoonish drawings of aliens "Hello I am Caster of the grai...wait if I came here all the way from there I should have checked for higher life forms on the way." Caster sighed and put her forehead in her palm before being interrupted by another gust of wind blowing through disrupting the precarious state of her belonging "Silly me I completely forgot to put the heavy things over the light things again wanna fill me in on whats happening while I get this all sorted out."

Raymus

"Well that's certainly polite of you." Raymus said before making his best effort to gracefully drink the cheap swill "So ahem...speaking of manners I suppose it would be a bit uncouth to ask where we're going but..."

Monk E fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 7, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aisling, Auroch's dream workshop

"Homonclu-what? The hell are you blabbering on about, old man? If this is a dream, how is it tellin' me stuff I don't know?!"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

It worked! Incredible. Kendra does her best to control the huge grin on her face so she can engage in polite conversation.

"My name is Kendra, and I bear the spells of command," she says, robe flapping in the wind. "We are to fight the Grail War together. I will happily tell you more in a more... sedate location. I apologize for the effect it is having on your belongings. It seemed to be the most appropriate place to summon you."

She reaches out to grab some of the notes in question that get blown near her, and then takes the opportunity to try to puzzle out what kind of information might be written on them. Not even a dangerous perch on a radio tower can prevent Kendra from trying to learn more about a spirit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Alfred grits his teeth and starts to furiously think how this ridiculous situation came to be. "Do the keys REALLY work on the door? Because you might as well be lodged somewhere in the neighborhood, there's no way this place would be rented out.." He's lying, isn't it? he's definitely lying to spy on me, isn't he?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

"What, do you wanna see?" Brooks sighs and sticks his key in the lock, jiggling it. There's no way they would rent a place to two people at once, is there? That's not a thing a landlord would do, there is obvious lawsuit potential there.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Brooks and Alfred, Warehouse

The door popped open, and just as the two upset mages are about to continue their argument, a soothing purr echoes across the parking lot. Stalking through the shadows is a hideous beast, smiling at them through row after row of ivory fangs, dripping with hunger. "Oh, don't mind me... I'm just looking for a bite to eat... You wouldn't want me to go hungry, would you?" it cooed, it's voiced like honey.

Aisling, a misty workshop

Aisling's master continued to ignore her, and she gaze around the room, suddenly noticing... herself? Slumped over in a chair, hardly paying attention. Was this really one of her master's lectures? "The Phoenicians developed the technique, which spread to their various colonies; North Africa, Italy, and particularly Greece. It's recorded in their mythology: Pandora, Athena, Aphrodite, all powerful homunculi, created with the assistance of the great spirits. Still, the Romans, and later the Church thought it a cruelty, even a sin, and forbid the practice. What do you think, girl?" he master suddenly said, twirling towards his bored student. Aisling could see the words forming on her own lips, the same words that started from her mouth now.

"Sorry about all this. I take it you're new to the whole 'being flipped by the feds' thing. Well, the grumpy man on the screen will explain everything." the young man says, tapping on a built in television on the front wall of the passenger section of the van. A shadowy figure blinks into existence.

"Hello, Mister Jounes. I'm a busy man and, as I gather, so are you. I will cut to the chase: you now live at the mercy of the United States government. We know exactly who your are, and where you are at all times. We know why you are in Detroit. The government has great interest in the outcome this contest you find yourself participating in, and therefore, interest in a competent informant. This is you. Your handler, Agent Stein, will give you am encrypted cell phone and other devices that will allow you to keep us informed. In return, we will make every attempt to ensure you survive. Do you understand this deal?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling, very confused

"I mean...they have free will, right? That makes them human! But....they're not...It's typical mage playing God bullshit. If they have to live just short of being human, it IS cruel! There are some things people just shouldn't do."

God, I sound like that brat from earlier tonight. And just when he crosses my mind, things go dark.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 8, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Is that a goddamn Manticore? Alfred quickly grabs Brooks arm and pulls him inside of the warehouse. "Lock this down immediately, my wards are supposed to keep Magi and modern familiars out, not monsters from the Age of the Gods!" He yells at the other Magus before hurrying to the summoning circle he drew, throwing the sword at it as he starts to chant and call for his servant in a hurry. "Let silver and steel be the essence...gently caress gently caress gently caress"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 8, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

Brooks stares dumbly at the monster for a moment before he's pulled in and snaps out of it. "Right," he says, cursing under his breath. Of course, Ruler wouldn't let them prepare peacefully.

"I'll buy some time, chant faster," he hisses, pulling his chalk out from his pocket and starting to scribble a circle on the back of the door, chanting quietly in Latin. He calls on Metal to strengthen the front of the building, using the presence of metal in the surrounding buildings, the cars in the parking lot and driving past, and under the ground to amplify the strength of his spell to make up for the...advanced speed and shortcuts taken in his runework.

Intention: Call on Metal to grant the building the strength of adamantine, at least as long as Alfred is still casting. (4 Will + Elementalism: Enchantment 4 + Power from the Earth 3 = 11 - 5 for casting quickly = Domain 6: Greater Protection. The building is invincible.)

Assassin

The man's fingers are nearly impossible to follow as they dance across the keys, seemingly in four places at once as he dashes off a piece meant for two pianists on the same keyboard. His expression is serene, however, as though he doesn't need to concentrate at all, it simply comes naturally.

When he notices the familiar atop his instrument, his lips quirk into an amused smile, and he cocks his head slightly, hands still operating.

"Good evening, little one. Are you lost?"

quote:

Assassin, Virtuoso

---1st Key: Chamomile - Key of Something Romantic
-----Heart: The First Celebrity, Dashing and Mysterious
-----Shadow: Lothario, Craving for Validation

---2nd Key: Hollyhock - Key of Destiny in the Balance
-----Heart: Becoming Better, Becoming Loved
-----Shadow: Human Limits, Blocked by Ego

---Projects: Become Recognized as Superior, Have Fun

---Passions and Skills
-----Skill: Performance 4
-----Skill: Disguise 2
-----Passion: Self-Improvement 2
-----Skill: Humility -1
-----Shine 4 (free from Persona 4)

---Bonds & Afflictions
-----Bond: A Servant must have a Master 5 (free/required)
-----Bond: I am the Music 4 (Assassin's music is what sets him apart from any other heroic spirit. If he is playing, there is very little he can't do. Conversely, if he can't play, his ability is much more limited.)
-----Bond: Man of Many Faces 2 (Assassin can be many things to many people. He is dark and broody, upbeat and cheerful, teasing and mysterious, and earnest and forthright. He has the right face for any situation.)
-----Bond: Unearthly Precision 1 (Fine control and manipulation are Assassin's specialty as the world's greatest keyboardist. He can apply brute force, but his true strength is in subtle and large-scale control applications of his powers.)
-----Affliction: Hello, Beautiful 2 (Assassin was a shameless lothario in life, bedding a truly absurd number of women and, if letters are to be believed, a few men as well. He will go out of his way to help and flirt with a beauty, a brainy beauty doubly so.)
-----Affliction: Perfectionism 2 ("Eh, good enough" is not good enough for Assassin. Everything must be flawlessly executed. Split-second, off-the-cuff decisions are a reality of battle, but he must respond to them perfectly. Rehearsal is essential.)
-----Affliction: There's Always a Tool 1 (There is always conveniently a piano nearby when Assassin needs one. Always.)
-----Affliction: Better than You 1(Assassin is the best, and he is well aware of this fact. While he can put on many faces, as above, humble is the hardest one for him, and he will often default to a story about a great thing he did, or an assertion that he could do better.)

---Estate: The Legend of Franz Liszt
-----Dazzling the Stage 3 (Assassin is a master of performance. Whether it be disguise, charm, stealth, or even direct attack, if he puts his mind to it as a performance he will come through.)
-----(Syn)Aesthete 2 (Assassin sees the world differently than most. He can see, hear, feel, smell, and taste things that others cannot, and his powers allow him to blur the line between perception and reality.)
-----High Society 1 (Assassin has many friends in unexpected places. When in a pinch, you might be surprised who he can call on for help.)
-----Capellmeister 1 (Assassin was a trained and prolific composer in life, and while he works well alone, he is truly sublime orchestrating a team plan, using his gift for precision and timing to execute flawless operations.)

---Miraculous Attributes:
-----Persona 4 [12 points] (Assassin has unbelievable force of personality, and his music can affect and imbue the world in wondrous and sometimes frightening ways.)
-----Domain 2 [6 points] (Assassin has domain over sensory experience, and music and hearing in particular. He can divine and communicate with music, and preserve extant sensory stimuli.)
-----Aspect 0 (Assassin is not an ubermensch himself; he can improve himself, but hand-to-hand is not his forte.)
-----Treasure 0 (The crux of performance is not the instrument, but the performer.)
-----Base MP Pool: 5

---Gifts:
-----Sublime Virtuosity - Assassin's performances have the power to 'enthrall anything'. They can move objects or basic elemental forces, enthrall any sentient being, or even, as part of his Reality Marble "Grande Fantaisie Symphonique," create a bubble of reality in which his synaesthesia can become real, sharp staccato hits becoming crystal spears, walls of chromaticism manifesting as crushing earth. (Domain 7 [Creation of a world where music enthralls anything], -1 no MP cost, -1 local, -1 flexibility) [4 points]
-----Stealth - While he is loud and flamboyant, he is after all a member of the Assassin class. Assassin can, on a whim, become invisible, blend into a crowd, take on an appropriate disguise complete with voice, or make others forget details about him through manipulation of perception. He can also bestow this ability on his master, or someone else. (Domain 3 [Creation of Sensation], +1 automatic and passive, -2 self or one other, -1 flexibility) [1 point]
-----Honed Senses - Assassin can hear a pin hit the floor a mile away, feel the use of magic and how it's being used, and see his target amongst a crowd of lookalikes. (Aspect 4 [Skill: Perception], +1 automatic and passive, -1 local, -2 limited) [2 points]

---Difficulty: My master doesn't fully appreciate my genius.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 10, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The monster's claws rasped loudly against the magically reinforced doorway, sending sparks and echoing shrieks bouncing about. "How cruel you are to a starving traveller!" the beast cried in it's disconcertingly tender voice, "Please, I beg of you show mercy. Open the door!"

The words reverberated, charged with magic, settling deep into the hindbrains of the besieged magi. Slowly, they felt their legs moving of their own accord!

[The manticore used Hypnotic Voice, a Lesser Enchantment of Obedience (Level 3, no Strike)]

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 8, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Pathan

Pathan was standing in the dark, not sure what to do in this situation. Then the sudden footstep from the darkness drew his attention.

"Why are you here?" The confused Pathan ask the angry lady from the church.

Aum
Aum made a loud yawn with her eyes opening slowly as she awakened from the pianist's inquiry. She stretched her legs and flexed her back before replying, "I am not lost, good sir. I am actually looking for a realiable friend for my best friend because he keep getting into reckless situations."

Hall of Heroes
Tang Taizong ponders at the pinging feeling of a master wishing to summons him. He waves away the request and declares to his subject of his judgement:

"A master has seek not the wisdom of the emperor, but the strength of a warrior. A brutish coward such as him should brave his fate at the maw of the lion. Alas, all subjects under the heaven is my responsibility, so I shall spare a mere soldier in pity of his cause."

The emperor raise a finger and point toward one of his millions of heroic soldier under his command. "You," he ordered, "shall answers his call.

The soldier bow, and leave toward the gate of the great hall.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 8, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edit not quote

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

Brooks squeezes his eyes shut and calls on his training, attempting to use his experience blocking people out and his many painful lessons at warding off magic to wrest back control for just long enough to alter the protection spell to block out sound.

Intention: Resist for long enough to alter the spell. 2 will + 3 charisma + 1 trained by the best = 6.

Assassin

"Is that so? Well, I wish you luck on your search," he says, friendly but dismissive, as he continues to play.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 10, 2016

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

Caster Smiled at the interest Kendra had in her work before being interrupted by a windblown piece of paper to the face. "Yea I guess it would be a good idea to get this stuff indoors before it decides to start raining or something." Caster pried the paper from her face and took a look at the surroundings "Still I think I'll leave some of the heavy stuff up here for now having a good view of the stars helps with my research, plus I kind of like it up here."

Raymus

Well that was quite the turn of events, Raymus almost asked how they figured out the wars had somehow restarted but he remembered that Ruler had no concept of subtlety and had likely tipped them off somewhere between filling the city with monsters and tampering with the very fabric of magic itself. There was little reason to hold these people to their word but still as far from his initial plans as this turn of events was it wasn't necessarily all bad, assuming they were being some degree of truthful they at the very least needed him alive for a for the time being plus Raymus sort of appreciated having a connection to this new party in the grail war keep your enemies closer and all that."Very well what will the next step in this..."partnership" be."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aum

"Thanks." Aum stood up to take her leave. "Too bad music can't help my friend save everyone."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"Me? This is my dream, twerp! .....poo poo, is this another thing mages can do?!"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"I have been here since WWII longer than you, so I am pretty sure this is my dream." Pathan said as-the-matter-of-factly. "Do you need something from me?" He turns to the piano, "Or the piano?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"No, dude, I'm the one passed out drunk on my couch. It's MY dream. And what the gently caress would I want from you, ya goody-goody twerp?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"But if this is your dream, then you must need something from me if I am here in your dream?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"What I need from you is for you to shut up, summon your Servant, and face me on the battleground like a man. I guess I should summon mine as well...."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"But I don't want to fight you!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Alfred looks behind at the source of the beguiling voice and blinks his left eye furiously. His eyes were originally designed to see the points of death on all living things, but as the Karies clan was unable to replicate such powerful magic, they had to settle towards perceiving lesser things... Such as the electric circulation of this warehouse. He runs towards one of the outlets, pressing his hand atop it. "Let it enter." He yells at Brooks while staring at the lightbulb above the door. His magic circuits start to push themselves to the limit as he magically rewires all of the block's power to the lightbulb's current, ready to send out a massive electrical shock right at whatever passes beneath it. He knew this wouldn't kill that kind of creature, but maybe it would stun it enough to let them escape?

Intention: Using Mystic Crest 4 and Almighty Eye 4 and 1 Will -5 quick cast to send out a massive electric current at a lightbulb atop the Manticore. (4 Creation)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"I can see why you like it here," she says to the Caster. "It is, after all, a nexus of magical energy. But let us return another time. For now we should return to the hotel room I have... rented and discuss a plan of action. Do you happen to possess any powers of transportation? I must confess that I do not particularly fancy the climb down from here."

Saying she had rented the room was only a slight lie, seeing as Kendra had convinced the manager and employees that she had, in fact, rented it. If they believed money had actually exchanged hands, then who was to say the transaction was illegitimate?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"I DON'T CARE! God, even in my dreams, you're pissing me the gently caress off!"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"What can I do to make you care?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"Back up your words with actions! If you want to end the war without casualties, don't prattle on about 'Let's get along, guys!' And before you say anything, the chalice doesn't count. All you did was drink from a cup. Show me, don't tell me, that you really want this, and maybe. Just maybe. I'll listen to you."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

Pathan hesitated a moment, but ultimately accepted the situation and state with resolve,"So be it! I challange you to a mage duel!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"In our dreams? Well, I AM pretty drunk....but whatever! Let's do it!"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The manticore's large, uncanny face gazes at you victoriously at the door swings open. It's sinuous tongue rasps along and many teeth as it begins to step into the warehouse, savoring it's victory. "Thank you, for you kindness..." it says in it's melodious voice, as it begins to tense up to pounce, "I hear good little boys go to heaven!" it bellows, it's voice becoming a horrific cacophony as it begins to leap, only to scream, screaming in a dozen voices as the arc of painful, blinding electricity strikes the monster, flinging it backwards into the warehouse wall with a metallic thud. The gut-wrenching scent of rotten meat rises from the beast's charred flesh as it twitches, slowly regaining it's focus. Alfred shoves Brooks through the door and quickly follows, slamming the door shut as Brooks completes his spell, trapping the phantasmal creature inside. They're were safe, and have time to think, for now...

Amos Stein

"Well, that's why I come it! I am Amos Stein, you handler! I'm sure we'll be friends." the young man says with a winning smile, suddenly cutting off the video feed. He tosses Raymus a large plastic bag containing a subtle earbud and microphone, plus a large bulky cellphone. "Just put those on when you're around your competition, and we'll handle the rest. And call me, let me know what's up from time to time. We're here to help you, Raymus." he finishes, patting you on the shoulder. "Any questions? Where do you want to be dropped off? Want to pick up a burger along the way?" he askes rapid-fire, in his odd, jovial manner.

[Raymus gains Affliction: Flipped by the feds at level 2]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Time to finish the summoning. You probably should do the same!" Alfred says at Brooks as he rushes towards the magic circle, resuming his incantations. His body aches like all hell, the strain of calling upon the Servant combined with the one of his electrical spell before is too much for his scrawny body. He chants as fast as he can, flaring up every mote in his body towards calling Saber from the Throne of Heroes, all his plans for a proper summoning and a strategy briefing of his servant thrown away.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

A servant descends into the summoning circle in a glorious beam of golden light... A woman clad in partial light ancestral armor over her mandane robe, both attires looks old and worn out, which gave an impression of a lowly ranked country side soldier. Her sword is nothing exceptional, but does shines in shows of its owner's proper care of the tool.

She looks at both men who have faint scent of recent summoming and asked, "Are you two my masters?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

What in the hell? Alfred expected an Emperor, or a great General or even a Conqueror, but a common soldier? Still, drat it all, beggars can't be choosers. He extends the palm of his hand towards the Servant, briefly showing the Command Spell on it. "I am. Saber, we are under attack by a brutish beast who needs to learn that humanity has been atop the evolutionary food chain for centuries already. Show it the error of its ways."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Saber nods. "Indeed, the beast must be shown the error of man being the top of all chains."

She steps off the summoning circle, sepeating from the mystic pull of the Hall of Heroes, she... Turns the doorknob for the first time in her life. Quite an intriguing mechanism that is used to unveil the stunned beast from behind.

"Are you the one who is looking down on the others?" She ask courteously as she is to her master.

• Locked thread