Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"The fresh air is pleasant," she says. "Let us speak outside, and observe the state of this overgrowth-ridden church. I assume you have not seen Ruler or Bailiff here? Oh, if only we could turn this place of power into our base. There is another location a fair journey away though, a radio tower that is a nexus of magic. I advise we spend the time until the truce expires fortifying it, or a similar place."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Pathan

"That is a good idea. But i am not versed in the art of fortifying and territory creation. If only i could find an ally with a caster, for they would make the best stronghold."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred - The Morning After.

It's 8 AM, and Alfred is back at the warehouse, staring at the golden floor under him. "At least this wasn't a total waste of a night." He says while rummaging around for his workshop's contents. Both modern laptops and equipment and more esoteric artifacts and instruments are being slowly packed imside cardboard boxes and loaded inside his car. The madmen from yesterday and the Manticore's corpse are gone, somehow, and Alfred can't help but wonder who did it. His lingering paranoia turns to the laptop he tries to shove on one of the boxes. This location was compromised already, would someone use his equipment to track him? He planned to use the warehouse as a base to start monitoring all of Detroit and track his possible opponents, and now he faces the possibility of being watched himself. Quite ironic...

"Saber. Keep watch." He says at the dematerialized servant. Just a few more hours and he can start relocating. The plan can still be salvaged with a few modifications. "We also need to have a serious conversation. I know you are an efficient warrior, but your insubordination put us on serious risk yesterday."

Declaring the day 1 warehouse sassafras as a story titled Out of the Lion's jaw.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 16, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan
"Insubordination? Is that how you want our relationship to be? A military standard?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"What, you want it be to be something else? Very well then, tell me what you think our relationship should be." Alfred says while finishing to pack his stuff. "I still don't even know who you are, other than you are not someone I intended to summon."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Sadness fills saber's face. A woman unwanted by man means she has failed in her duty as a woman. Her feeling failed to impress the man in front of her, and now her shame condumes her. "I see. I was undesired. Very well, we will keep this professional from now on."

Gain afflition: heart broken 1

Heart broken: Emotion 3 + shine 5 + a servant must have a master 6

Hu

Dark flares of energy engulf the grief-stricken saber as she fade away into the darkness. What emerge out of the torrent of grief is a man with dark armor. "My name is Hu, master. I promise to absolutely obey your command from here on and I shall watch from the rooftop." He bow on his knee to shows his submition and depart if there is no futher orders.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"H-hey." The Magus tries to awkwardly defuse the situation, only to be taken aback by the Servant's sudden transformation. "Er. I see, well, fine." He mutters back at the appearing male soldier before entering the car. "What's the deal with her...? Or him for that matter." He sighs before setting to a house on the suburbs he rented on a hurry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aisling

"You can do whatever you want. I guess scoping out the city would be the best course of action, though."

Lancer

"My plan is simple, even for someone like you!" I hold my staff onto the ground and climb up on the tip of it, balancing carefully. "I will find the other Servants, defeat them in battle, and claim the Grail as one of my treasures!"

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Brooks

The young Banaghan heir bites his lip and, after sealing off the wound so it won't drip everywhere, covers the tail in parchment paper and stuffs it in his bag. As he heads out to his car--thank god it didn't get destroyed in the proceedings--he looks over and gives his Servant a grin.

"Well, that was kind of a shitshow, wasn't it? Jesus." He laughs as he holds the passenger door open for Berserker, then gets in to drive, first fiddling with his phone to point him in the right direction. Brooks has plenty of money to spare, and a gold card besides, so he heads off for a ritzy hotel, the sort with good security, to rent out the penthouse suite until he can get a hold of his dad for more permanent arrangements.

Declaring that shitshow as the story Dude, Where's My House?

Assassin

Assassin continues to play the church organ, head down, amused at how Kendra doesn't seem to have noticed him. He could just go into spiritual form, of course, but finds it much more amusing to remain hidden in plain sight. With a thought, his appearance changes to that of a generic church worker so that he can continue to listen.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
At the Art Institute: Archer

Archer's feet clicked on the marble floors of this vast museum. There was power here, no doubt, and the throngs of mortals were satisfied with merely listening to old men drone on about the magic just under their noses. Unfortunately, despite the trove, it would be very difficult to 'obtain' and of the relics on display without attracted unwanted attention. He would have to select his target carefully; surely Ruler would be coy enough to hide an item of serious power here in plain sight. A sigh caught his eye: a selection of Egyptian artifacts, a guest exhibit from the British museum. That sounded promising...

The gallery thrummed with power. The force of history resonated through the Root, hopelessly drowning out any helpful mystical clues. It appeared he would have to narrow down his options in a more mundane fashion.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

Was there someone here just now...? Kendra shakes her head and rubs her bleary eyes, but the only person she sees besides Pathan is some church maintenance worker. Who has clearly been doing a good job on this place. She resumes her walk.

"There is no point in hiding this from you, as it will become obvious before long," she says in a low voice to Pathan. "My servant is of the Caster class. We will be able to create a formidable fortification. Are you available to begin surveying the area today? I will have to stop to make a telephone call along the way too, there is someone back home I need to speak to."

Rider

"I thank you for the leave to do what I want, but I'm hardly going to leave a young lady's side during such a dangerous time. I will go where you go. Shall we begin observing the area, then? A scout's work is tough, but I'm sure a mage can handle it." Rider smirks as he gently pets his horse's neck.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"Yes, i can do it today." A thought came up when Kendra mention the phone, "Oh, if you are calling, would it be possible to ask for assistance from the association?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

So, this is the new workshop, Alfred thinks to himself as he looks at the run-down building. An old, decrepit auto shop at the suburbs, this was far less optimal than the warehouse, but it still can give him a low profile. *sigh* Back on his homeland of Denmark perhaps he would find a far better place to stay, but Detroit is a place where the influence of his family isn't completely felt. He unlocks the garage door and parks the car inside, opening the trunk as he starts unloading the boxes. First, his electronic equipment. Modems, laptops, cell phones, several surveillance equipment, stuff more adequate for a hacker anarchist than a Magus. And then the Karies family's treasures. Small clockwork golems, Od channeling rods, books with ancient blueprints for magecraft-powered machines, the work of two hundred years of trying to meld the industrial revolution's innovations with the traditions from the Era of the Gods.

"Saber..." He mutters at the air. "You are still there?"

Berserker

The tall man sighs as he enters the car, returning to his spiritual form. "You're alive, that's what matters."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 18, 2016

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Raymus

"Ah I see my apoligies for thinking actually knowing where they are would help." Raymus was becoming quite glad his handler had parted ways with him earlier having to stoop to the level of arguing with this child was not one of his finer moments.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
An old auto shop; Alfred

What.. was this? Alfred draws a small, hard black leather briefcase from his boxes. Had he put this in there? What the hell was it?

He snaps open the clasps and opens it, revealing... a typewriter? A keyboard, no doubt, but engraved with unfamiliar glyphs instead of any alphabet Alfred was familiar with. Opposite, inset into the lid, a series of knobs, dials, and meters of various kinds, none clearly labeled. Needles danced softly along several of the meters. Embossed in gold at the top of the readout 'Einsbern'. Alfred knew that name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"Sure, let's go. Just...put that drat horse away!" I get up and head out the door to take a look around the city. "Just don't make yourself too obvious."

Lancer

"Master, relax! If you truly wish for us to scout, I have no objections. I was just saying, trouble has a way of coming to me!"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hu
"Yes, I am here, Master."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Hm." The armored man from before is still there, it seems. "Who... was that woman from before? A different personality of yours?" He asks while examining the typewriter. It was made by the Homunculi masters themselves, it seems, but how did it get here? Perhaps a trade or was it stolen? He presses on one key at random, waiting for any answer.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hu

"A different role, Master. One that doesn't suits your needs."

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 18, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
An old auto shop; Alfred and Saber

Dials move, wheels click and spin, and some small unseen motor hums and whines. Unlabeled numbers and yet more unhelpful symbols pop into position on the readout. Off to the side of the keyboard, a small lever clicks into place, and the light beneath it shine green and inviting. Alfred's enchanted eyes suddenly ache and water. He blinks away the strain and then nearly panicked. Thin, ephemeral white tendrils like branching nerves grew from the open device, winding until disappearing into the aether, invisible to all who lacked a gift such as his. The tendrils move under his touch, though he cannot feel them, and he watches as the dials or move, though only slightly, with his movements. Did he dare pull the lever, or was the risk simply too great without further research?

The Streets of Detroit; Aisling and Rider

Aisling walked along the alleyways; it paid not to be noticed, and was generally faster. She stopped just outside the church; that clocktower girl and Pathan... they appeared to be walking off somewhere together. But out of the corner of her eye... the priest. Father Omena. Parked in his beat up little car across from the church. Was he watching Pathan and the girl? The priest pulled out, and started to drive slowly, inhibited by the downtown traffic. It would be trivially easy to follow either the pair or the priest, but which one?

The old radio tower; Kendra, Pathan, Assassin, Caster

Kendra felt woozy looking at the tower in the daylight. Had she really climbed that high? She had done some research into the site. Apparently, it was built more than seventy years ago by the Army, ostensibly as a state wide radio tower. It didn't quiet achieve it's goal, and it's power draw was far too vast, and today most of the signals were from third-party relays simply attached to the rusty old tower. If Caster was right, however, it might be possible to hijack some of the unused old machinery to amplify their power, just like a radio signal.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Shering

"Wow! So spiky! Like an icicle... Hmm, no, like a... Tower." Shering gave up on comparing it to something. The tower is simply too unique in its shape to be anything of nature. It's quite imposing for its height, and more so with the lack walls to relief those with fear of falling from great heights. "Daia won't like staying up there for sure!"

Pathan

Hmm, yes. Daia wouldn't like to stay on those kind of artificial structure of great height, but this is the war time where personal preference become secondary. This tower that wasn't designed for people to live in and the exact opposite of being a fortress. "It's... A really great tower... How will caster fortify it?" Pathan can't imagine how they are going to live in there and what will they do when there is strong wind and rain.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Archer

Archer sat in a cramped plastic chair in the museum cafe staring at a cone of soft whip. The museum was a mess, pieces of ancient history organised with all the wit of a commoner's hovel. Did the organisers have no sense of the importance of the artifacts they were housing. A drip from the cone slid down prompting Archer to lean forward and lick it. The sweet taste diverted his attention from his hunt toward the glorious white gold in front of him.

"Such a strange age I've been summoned to this time. People wander around without drive while showered in riches fit for the king's of my age. Truly mankind will never be satisfied with anything less than its own destruction."

Speaking of desire the pure white of his ice cream once more cast his mind back to the moon of the night before. Chang'e. Immortal, beautiful and once more impassive. His first glance after setting foot in the world of the living had been upwards towards his love. But she showed no response. But then maybe this time she had responded to him. That Chinese girl, her form outlined in the moonlight. Was Chang'e trying to tell him something. Had she finalled decided to descend and return to her love. He would have to see her again. If she was truly incarnating Chang'e then he had to tell her, tell her of how he had missed her. How he had entered the throne of heroes so he could be immortal like her. Maybe she would understand...

He finished the ice cream and stood up. Now that he had marked her master his business with the girl would wait. If she was Chang'e then he would have to show her his worthiness. What better way than with treasures and victories. Setting out he began pacing around the corrirdors. Working out distances, orientations in regards to the stars. Finding out when the structure itself had been built. Archer had built palaces fit for gods. Working out the mysteries of this hovel would be child's play. Even these dimwits would be drawn by the powers of magic and history to organise things in a certain way.

Declaring a story: The moon. My Love. Mulan. Archer feels that seeing Mulan in the moonlight connects her with his long lost love Chang'E.
Intention use my ---Skill: Architecture 1 to work out the Feng Shui of the museum and hopefully lead me to the nexus of power within the place where the treasure should be located.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 20, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

What in god's name was that? Alfred scans the mystical typewriter, enthralled by whatever mysteries it might hold. Perhaps it has traps within as well? He also takes a sidelong glance at Saber, displeased at this new change of attitude. Seriously, is he going to walk on eggshells every time he talks with them?

Intention: Examining the typewriter and Saber.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Raymus

"Yes scouting scouting will be required it would be silly to miss the battle just wandering about that being said I would like to propose we start in the morning I need some sleep got to stay sharp you know." Not quite what he was hoping but at the very least it seemed like this would be a decent way to get her to hold off on doing anything rash at least for a little bit hopefully he could explain the temporary ceasefire in that time.

Gonna be returning to the hotel to sleep and scouting out the city in the morning assuming nothing comes up

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Alfred's dream in the night of day two

12 years has passed. The great of the empire has been defeated by the combined might of every soldier and general on the battle.

This soldier is no different than other, in fact, she is just another soldier if you disregard of her gender. A man cannot serve in the army, but for her father, she does her best in his stead and made it through these agonizing twelve years of war in constant companionship with disciplined men.

When she went home, she revealed her identity as a woman to his comrades, and there was cheers. Now as a woman again, she has to fulfill her role to be married to the neighbor arranged by her parent. For what else is a woman suppose to do beside being married to serve man?

The marriage went borishly with proper ceremony without troubles. There is concern of her virginity being at risk due to her stay in the army and her personality being soiled by all her brutish comrades. She does her best to act properly as a woman: weaving, cooking, home labor duties, etc.

Her husband was a regular farmer who treated her fairly, but that only lasted when she birth him a daughter.

He slapped her to the floor in an outpour of pent up anger. "What am I to do with a daughter!? How can my family name be passed on without a son?"

She apologized for her mishap in this misbirth, for it is deem to be the woman's fault in her society for such a thing to happen. Man is rarely at fault.

"I am tired of enduring you who stinks of brutish man!" His husband begins to lecture, for it is his role to correct the wrong of his wife and she is to obey. "Do you really expect me to be able to indulge in this relation of man and woman?" He points his finger at her on the ground, as if everything wrong in the world was her fault. "Last chance!" He warned, "if you can't birth me a boy, then i will throw you and your daughters out of the street, for i need to find a new proper wife and I can't affort to feed two mouth!"

The wife begged the man for forgiveness and weep silently. The society she spend half her life to protect, had deemed her unworthy by her husband to be a woman. Will she ever get the chance to have a proper relation of man and woman? Or will she only be worthy of one that is an obedient soldier?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"Caster, please begin surveying and manipulating the area with me. And, uh, please have transportation ready again if we must go up top. I am not positive my limbs could take another climb like this." Kendra laughs awkwardly as she stares up at the distant peak of the tower. She then activates her magic circuits and begins chanting softly. As she works, whenever Pathan is occupied with something else, she inserts subtle traps and catches keyed to his essence, ready to be activated if and when she needs to act against him.

Intention: Magically fortify this area, with mental traps against others, but especially Pathan.
Memory Manipulation 3 + 4 Will. Maybe the Things Fall Apart Law would also apply, since this would not good for our relationship if he found out?

4/8 Will left

Rider

Alex--no, Rider, he reminds himself; he must be careful not to reveal his identity in this war, as much as it pains him to hide--doesn't know any of the people they see, so he waits for Aisling's command. He is dressed in a sharp black suit with a purple dress shirt, though all the accoutrements are very slightly out of date. His tie has a stylized version of the Statue of Liberty on it, colored to coordinate with the rest of his outfit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

An idea pops into Pathan's head. He turns to kendra and caster to propose to them, "I just thought of something. Could we use this radio tower to boardcast a frequency on the mana wavelength that can only be heard by those with magic throughout the city? I would like to try to properly persuade everyone this time and invite them to a restaurant tommorow to hopefully gets to know each other and shares what we found so far that could help with our effort to find the culprit behind this war."

Intention/Plan: As mentioned. Assasin will provide radio music to boost the persuasion attempt. Caster will work on the frequncy and maybe anti-interference.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

This was... astonishing! Unless his eyes were deceiving him, this antique was somehow tapping directly into the Counterforce! Even if this was nothing more than an observation device, it was stunningly potent, and Alfred has a strong suspicion that it might be something far greater. If only there were some way to comprehend it. This device was clearly from World War II, or possibly shortly before. Perhaps there were some records of what exactly the Einsberns were scheming during that time frame...

Alfred turned to Saber, about to comment, when he suddenly stopped. His brow furrowed. Saber was now scanning... as a Lancer? Mostly similar, but... odd. What could it mean?

Plans are one thing, and simple tricks another, but there could be no signal to hijack, and no true potential to tap, until power was restored to the main repeater. It was simple to find the thick, metal wrapped cables leading underground, and even simpler to find the rusty old door leading to the maintenance tunnels. The fifty year old padlock had long since rusted into a solid block of rust, all but fused to the door itself. It would probably take a human some serious effort to break in, but thankfully, there were Servants present.

The Art Institute; Archer

Archer wandered the exhibit slowly, taking in every placement in turn. It was just as he though. The layout was imperfect, as the room was never designed with harmonic flow in mind, but nevertheless each piece swirled into the next, circling about until they led to the focal direction... the north east. On a velvet pillow, two long needles, formed from white gold, each engraved with an arrow, and behind them, a black ceramic bowl, inscribed with a scene of a goddess looking over the sea. Archer couldn't help but be reminded for a rice bowl and chop sticks. The exhibit label claimed that they were grave goods, found in an Old Kingdom family crypt, and that they were some sort of ritual implement dedicated to the goddess Neith. Archer wasn't familiar with the myth, but any symbol of archery was certainly promising.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"A capital idea, actually. We would risk attracting magic-using beings whom we are not wishing to dialogue with, but our efforts here at the tower will help with that as well." She smiles warmly at Pathan, even as the wheels in her head turn, plotting how to turn such a signal against him. "But, well, we will not be doing much if we cannot enter. Caster, could you clear the way for us please?"

4/8 Will left

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

Caster came forth waving her hand and holding a bizarre engine shaped device in the other "Ooo ooo ooh I've done all sorts of broadcasts the first thing to do is make sure you have a reliable power source so lets see if this thing is working properly." She lay the device at the door attached an electrode to the lock and pressed a button causing the door to go flying off its hinges "Lovely."

Intention: Using Item Creation (Domain 6 local -1 flexibility -1 Simple Miracle -1) to create a device that draws energy from the unknown depths of the universe.

Monk E fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 19, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Magnificent, simply magnificent. Alfred thinks to himself as he examines the nicely crafted object. To think the Einzbern were behind this... He remembers hearing somewhere that his own Clan was conspiring with some unsavory power players during World War 2 to steal the Grail from them, but the plan never went along. Perhaps this was one of the objects from that time which were ussd alongside the Grail? That it tapped into a different entity than the Root is probably the reason it was discarded but he knew that the Counter Force acted on the same interests as him.

"I care not about this truth, but to advance humanity to the next step." He talks to no one in particular. Alfred waves the memory of the past dream away, his mind now completely focused. "Behold, 'Lancer'. This might kill me and free you from such this master you clearly despise." He reaches again towards the typewriter, his circuits opening as he tries to contact the entity within. Give me an insight into your power, and we shall enforce our combined will!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hu

"As you wish, Master. Let us make the world a better place together." Hu places his hand onto the devices and get in touch with the familiar counter force.

Intention: Support master, willing to pour as much mp as needed... Maybe even give his role of man (or woman) to him.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Saber touches the device only to find... he can't? His hand stops, victim of an unmovable force, a mere hair's breadth away from the odd device his master is toying with. Alfred shuts his eyes, and pulls the lever. A chilling rush washes over him in a mighty wave, and he watches as a pale pulse travels down the invisible tendrils, into the city at large.

Pathan conjures a bit of light. The tunnel was dusty, musty, and pitch black, but not in bad repair, all told. The long sealed door appeared to have preserved most of what lay below. Safety posters still lined the concrete walls, and at the bottom of the stairs, the tunnel opened up into a moderately sized office of some kind. Two desks and several filing cabinets lined one of the walls, with a coffee pot and small burner set up off to the side. A small tinkering desk and toolchests filled one corner, and another was dominated by a monstrous old punch card computer system. A ladder on one wall led further down into the darkness, presumably to where the power grid should connect to the tower systems.

A strange feeling passes over Pathan and Kendra, and they suddenly shiver simultaneously, then look at one another.

Stalking nearby; Aisling and Rider

What the hell? The Clocktower girl's servant just somehow blew a door off its hinges, almost silently! Now it appeared that they and Pathan were descending into the tunnels below the tower. Just what the hell were they up to? Kendra suddenly shivers, and pulls her jacket up a bit. What was with that sudden cold feeling?

Elsewhere

"Ruler, did you feel that?" "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T FEEL IT"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"The hell is this? Does the twerp have a girlfriend?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"Ugh, the chill is way to strong." Pathan spark a stronger light on his hand. If only Forin is here to warm the place up. At least Shering doesn't seem to be affected by the chill. "Judging from this powerful chilling, it's either something to do ice or a ghost."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Archer

Having located the target of his hunt he looks at the glass encasing it. It would be trivial for him to break it, take the treasure and walk out of the museum. By the right of might he could claim it as his own, surely that claim would be of more worth than whatever salvage right these people in this New World had over this treasure. But having been summoned to this time and place he felt a burden as a new member of this society. He had been part of some playful chaos yesterday but to steal this item felt to him like it would be crossing a line.

Finding a member of staff he commands them.

"Bring me the one in charge of this exhibit."

The staff member looks puzzled at first but Archer's bearing and confidence convinces him that this must be a request coming from someone of consequence and so he scuttles off to fetch a superior. Eventually he leads an older woman in a purple dress to Archer standing before the exhibit. Archer has his hands folded behind his back which is facing the manager. He didn't seem like one of the patrons of the museum to her but there was something striking about him.

"You imbecile."

Archer's words drip with contempt and the manager feels a chill run down her spine.

"Do you know what you've done?!"

His voice raises and she takes a step back confused and fearful.

"W-what I've done?"

Archer spins around and glares straight into her eyes.

"You are responsible for this exhibit?"

"Y-yes, I am."

"Then you are responsible for its mistreatment!"

Now sweat begins to bead on her forehead. Her heart beats fast and she flushes with embarrassment. The staff member who led her there looks on in grim fascination at his superior being dressed down and she waves him to leave her alone with Archer.

"I am afraid I have no knowledge of any mistreatment regarding this item."

"Then you must not have eyes in your head!"

He shouts this last line and the manager finds herself cowering a little. His eyes burn and she feels that she has done something very, very wrong.

"P-perhaps if you would just..."

"Just let you make amends? Try to cover your disgrace. Hide your shame from the world?! Did you know this item is legendary? This should be the focus of your museum. Yet here I find it tucked into a dusty corner. Amongst the disorganised chaos of your whole farcical establishment. I don't have time to explain to you how your incompetency in organising your affairs has cloaked an item of rare power in darkness but I will tell you what you will do to remedy this situation. You will immediately surrender this item to my care. I will take it and see that it is handled with the care it deserves. If not then I will expose your whole museum for the circus that it is and you will never find yourself displaying anything of honour ever again. If you please I may have clemency and explain some note I have made as to how you might improve your operations."

The fear gripped her. She knew this man spoke the truth and only now could she see it. The item was of unusual power and they had mistreated it. She would entrust it to his care and hope he deemed her worthy of accepting his advice.

Aspect 3 to impress a member of staff to bringing me someone of note.
Domain 1 + A Hero and a Tyrant 2 + 1 mana to inspire the woman to dread me as her tyrant lord in this matter and obey me.

Assuming she does accept my terms I actually will explain some of what I worked out with my Feng Shui to help the museum do a better job of ordering itself. I will then take the artefact to examine and commune with it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Interesting, interesting. This... Has unleashed something quite powerful. But Alfred cannot proceed further without looking more into it. First, he must put this plan he had in mind for a long while to work. An hour after setting up his computer equipment, he starts to furiously type code and install the programs he brought in a few smuggled memory disks. While he definitely lacked the government resources to create that kind of spying operation, his sheer skill, modified magical equipment and smaller focus could be used to spin a thin web around Detroit, one so delicate that any movement of prey would be known to him as soon as possible.

Intention: Using Hacker 3+ End Justify The Means 2 + Can't Trust Strangers 2 + 1 Will to set up a Echelon Surveillance that locates, collects and filters data of the other Masters of the Grail War.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"Maybe," she says, "though is this city not also known for being rather windy? Be on your guard, of course, but let us not indulge in such fancies just yet. Lead the way down, if you will." Though Kendra follows Pathan and his light into the tunnel, her hands have balled into fists, and her eyes are wide open.

4/8 Will left

Rider

"Good for him if he has," he says. "Love is the light of life, after all." Rider rubs his chin thoughtfully. "That lady must be a Servant. I hope she is an honorable one. Shall we follow?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"Alright, no point standing here either eay." He takes the lead, but Shering moves to the front if him. It's for the best, nothing physical has ever harmed her when she can morph into water easily.

Speaking of physical property, he still can't figure out how to materize these familiars friends... Or how and when did he created them in the first place? He thought he could get some answer by joining the mage association, but they are still theorizing it due to there being multiple ways to create familiar. It is definately not the traditional kind of placing left over thoughts of a departed soul into animal body. Since Pathan didn't do that.

Although he claimed they operates independently and can use magic, it should be impossible to achieve this without a physical body for the familiar to transfer the mage's body part or pieces of soul. Then the question becomes: Are they really familiar? And if so, what physical processes and components occurred in them creation of all Five of them?

Theory for imaginary friends becoming real

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

I crouch down and keep a fair distance from Pathan and Kendra, darting from cover to cover. "I know she's one of the other Masters...he's probably trying to broker his drat peace agreements...."

Lancer

I walk next to my Master, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. I've taken on one of my 72 forms, something more human, as to not be conspicuous. "So, any ideas of where we should go first?"

• Locked thread