Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Welcome Fellow Couch Dwellers!

Battlefield 1 is the Fifth Battlefield. It takes place in the 1800s during the first war in Europe.

There's a lot of cool vehicles like horses and tanks
http://i.imgur.com/1l3L0Rs.gifv

There's also cars
http://i.imgur.com/JtMEWHQ.gifv

:siren::siren:Open beta starts August 31st:siren::siren:

:siren::siren:Release date: October 21st for normal edition, October 18th for Origin pre-orders:siren::siren:

ASSault
Equipped with either a shotgun or SMG for close quarters combat. He carries anti-vehicle weapons such as AT grenades and a portable 37mm canon. Basically he's the engineer class from BF3/4/Hardline but with more focus on blowing poo poo up.

Support
He is armed with a high-capacity light machine gun. In the alpha the LMGs all did less damage up close than the SMGs so don't worry BF1 is a totally realistic game where getting shot with a .30-06 round is less deadly than a 9mm handgun bullet. His gadgets are what they were in BF4, ammo supplies and weapons for indirect combat like mortars and mines.

Medic
Got himself a self-loading rifle that is good for medium/long ranges but far from useless up close. As the name implies he can equip bags of medical supplies to heal friendlies and a syringe full of what is probably heroin to revive them, which of course can be injected into an enemy to make them OD. If this sounds like the Assault class from previous BF games you are absolutely right (poo poo he even gets a grenade launcher), why they decided to gently caress with the names is beyond me!

Scout
His gadgets are designed to reveal enemy locations and provide intel for his allies and poo poo. His options were limited in the alpha but they'll probably be much better for the final release.

http://i.imgur.com/8GneVf3.gifv
Tanker/Pilot
Is that a fifth class? The gently caress is this nonsense? When you spawn in a tank or plane you get a special class that is specially suited for that vehicle. Both of them are equipped standard with a repair hammer that they can use inside the vehicle. And if his vehicle is destroyed he can still roll on niggaz with his swaggin' carbine.
http://i.imgur.com/QIXWQ6J.gifv

Hitler
Promised by the devs as a "prestige-like" unlockable, the Hitler class is primarily a cosmetic upgrade for any basic class (and a really good one if some of the leaked photos are any indication) but it adds a few selectable powers to your class's base loadout. Dice has promised to reveal more details on the Hitler class closer to launch.

Elite Classes
Tank Hunter, Flame Trooper and Sentry. Respectively armed with the T-Gewehr, Flammenwerfer and MG08/15 medium machine gun; weapon far too strong for a normal soldier to be allowed to spawn with. These three classes will function like more specialized battlefield pickups that you can find on the map.

Links and poo poo:
Battlefield Insider, sign up for the open beta - https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider
Symthic, a site with very detailed stats about weapons, gadgets, and vehicles (just don't read their forums) - http://symthic.com/

:siren:Join the X Bone Krew Slack Channel by sending me a PM with your email address. This will allow you to say funny things to people that don't care:siren:

IF YOU'RE BONE MATERIAL THEN FILL OUT THIS FORM SO WE CAN PLAY TOGETHER AND SUCH
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6UZ_OPbPuKJC2rEuD_W_UdLiCv5U5J3k0_wJteJQaUQL6ug/viewform

XBox One Krew Sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q5RGA4T1K-6HJ3AYoDgPOelmVnb0M61cXImSqJLmYGs/edit?usp=sharing

:siren:IF YOU'RE PS4 MAKE A COOL FORM OR SOMETHING AND I'LL PUT IT IN HERE:siren:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm afraid your eyes may be malfunctioning (battlegoons community)
PS4 GOONS USE THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Auxiliary Treats posted:

:siren:PS4 server information:siren:

Search for Operation Locker 24/7 to join the fun. I'm still taking suggestions for the actual name.

Custom map rotations got increased to 15 since last time I checked.

And remember kids, don't charge the tanks!
http://i.imgur.com/WkCT8W3.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rare WW1 Footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096hnKDw5tc

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Had fun with the horse and decapitating fools. Can't fly worth a poo poo. For some reason I'm having a hard time adjusting to all the open sights on the guns. I love the baby tank your guy can barely fit into.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Ground floor of this Battlefield thread. OP, where do I sign up for the goon leaderboards and metatags?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Looking forward to this game and looking forward to shooting mans with other Boners. moist turtleneck you should probably add a timezone to the question about when people play!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Looking forward to this game and looking forward to shooting mans with other Boners. moist turtleneck you should probably add a timezone to the question about when people play!

but it's funnier this way

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Post videos of wacky 20th century antics for those of us we can't be around this weekend, please.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I will also be playing this game on my ecksbocks but I rage a lot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh and if you guys have things you and I both think should be in the OP then post it and I will copy/paste it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I will also be playing this game on my ecksbocks but I rage a lot.

Sounds like Bone Krew material tbh

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is this game going to be worth the premium membership? I pre-ordered premium BF4 without hesitating and don't regret it (aside from :dice: nerfing all the fun stuff). Then I pre-ordered BFH and absolutely regret it.

For me it's going to come down to how much fun can be had loving with recon scouts and tank lords. But who am I kidding I'll probably order the premium anyway.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Anyone else find spotting a bit flaky now?

I won't be pre-ordering but so far it's been a ton of fun.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

EA Access lets you play the game a week early for 10 hours, if it's good you can preorder all the stuff.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I want EA Access on PS4. :(

Also want that beta code I never got.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like the starter LMG in this. The light tank is adorable. I like that this is essentially a steampunk game with less gears taped on everything.

Will this get Obliteration? That was my favorite mode in BF4

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Sounds like Bone Krew material tbh

Signed up

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
ground floor

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Any idea on what time the beta is actually launching? I'm assuming midnight pacific?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I want EA Access on PS4. :(

Also want that beta code I never got.

Yeah what is up with this. Where is my beta key :dice:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Been waiting for a chat rep for a long time now. I just want to ride a virtual horse

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Are the flying controls really hosed up for anyone else?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Friendly PSA that horses in the open are traps
http://i.imgur.com/Kt7aFwq.gifv

Also this game is beautiful
http://i.imgur.com/iJRjgbw.gifv

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

anyone got a direct link to the xbone beta download so i can queue this poo poo up on my console?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I wish there was a control scheme that let you have yaw turning on bumpers for the planes, like every other game ever. The presets for plane controls seem pretty hosed to me.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

sbaldrick posted:

Are the flying controls really hosed up for anyone else?

It feels like the wind is affecting your plane.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Really? I hope we see GTAV levels of fallout when people realize that yes surface winds do in fact affect how aircraft handle.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There is a bug in the beta that only applies class rank ups for your first round on a server. Switch to a new server after each match to unlock kit upgrades.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Laserface posted:

anyone got a direct link to the xbone beta download so i can queue this poo poo up on my console?

Here's the link to the US store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battlefield-1-open-beta/bw065l19q5wz

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
In case you guys were wondering, you can keep a single tank really busy by running circles around it on a horse. From what I can tell, though, your sword can't take out a tank.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Brainstorm Platoon Name Ideas Here

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.

sunday at work posted:

There is a bug in the beta that only applies class rank ups for your first round on a server. Switch to a new server after each match to unlock kit upgrades.

I knew there was something fucky about.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The Kaiser's moustache
Princip's Princes
Frontline Drag Queens

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
The League of Goons

The Austro-Hungoonian Empire

Serious entry: The Black Hand

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

also btw the alpha had less bugs than the beta.

on both xbone and ps4, going into the menu while in-game causes essentially an entire freeze. each button press responds in about 45s.
the "overly distorted, completely lovely, almost laughably bad" sound bug is still there. it's also actually worse than the alpha. basically, if you find yourself in heavy action, the sound system in the game is like, flooded with too many simultaneous samples and the result is this static/distorted/clipping mess.

unrelated: game owns. hard.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Dragoone Squad

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I had my game turn into a slideshow after the dust storm hit and it then killed any ability to rejoin party chat with my friends and booted me from the game.

I also seem to die way too loving much.

The map is pretty bad tbh.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Laserface posted:

The map is pretty bad tbh.

This map is pitiful. I hope for their sake it's the worst one in the game. But if so then why spotlight it for a first impression? That would be like advertising BF3 with a vehicleless Rush beta on Operation Mtro

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Squad Bonerkillers

I can't even play until later

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Torrents of Arabia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Torrents of Arabia

^^^

Franz Turd-in-hand

PureEvil6_13 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 31, 2016