Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

let me do this again :dice:, you assholes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjwDK1AVLo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

[video type=”youtube”]XVJUqBbKtHo[/video]

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hardline whipped rear end especially for loving around. Riot shield ATMs all day.

BF1 really toned down the wackiness that existed in previous games and that carried over to V. Still playing V a bunch and liking it more than 1 though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Did we get a new map?

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Did we get a new map?

Yeah, but from what I've played of it, nothing to write home about. Boring rear end village on a mountainside.

Roll on Eastern front/Pacific/D-day/Bulge/etc.

Or better yet, BC3 so we can go back to having warzone shenanigans and none of the faux seriousness.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Marita is great, but very infantry focused so I can see why some people would dislike it. It's like if Fjell was actually good

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sounds fun? I kinda like the A/B/C sides of fjell personally. Any of y'all ps4 goons wanna have a go this eve? Headed home from work and walking the pooch, but I'll be on in like an hour or so.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gonna be at work late but might be on later

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Marita sure is a thing. At least there's a drivable tractor! Mostly CQC stuff, and a lot of verticality. Not really my thing as far as battlefield goes. Git gud I guess?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

New map is a pretty fun meatgrinder. Flanking is possible, people throw down spawn beacons liberally so it's good and chaotic

Gotta say the pistol carbine for recon is extremely my poo poo

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Played it some more this morning. Really not a fan. Feels way too small for 64 players. Pure chaos constantly. The lighting is kinda bad too, insomuch as I can't really see player models. Seems like it's a small map that rewards high rof guns and camping. Extremely not my poo poo. Feels like a bad combination of tdm and conquest.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just picked this up and man, I dunno if I'm just getting old or if I just need to learn the maps / weapons but I am getting wrecked in this one compared to BF1. Seems a lot more chaotic too, very hard to flank people without getting lit up from some weird angle. Definitely need to get the hang of recoil patterns and stuff - there's been a lot of times where I got the drop on someone and died because I was shooting in more conservative bursts and they just laser beamed me in the head on full auto.

Are any of the weapons you can purchase for each class at the beginning especially good or worth picking up? Other than that, what should I be spending these coins on? I kinda just want to buy cool uniform pieces but I'm not sure if there's other quality-of-life upgrades I can buy with them first.

Other than the new map, it feels a little empty, but I'm not sure if everyone's trying out the new stuff or if the population is just smaller - BF1 still seems pretty active so its weird that a lot of games I join have trouble filling up.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just picked this up and man, I dunno if I'm just getting old or if I just need to learn the maps / weapons but I am getting wrecked in this one compared to BF1. Seems a lot more chaotic too, very hard to flank people without getting lit up from some weird angle. Definitely need to get the hang of recoil patterns and stuff - there's been a lot of times where I got the drop on someone and died because I was shooting in more conservative bursts and they just laser beamed me in the head on full auto.

Are any of the weapons you can purchase for each class at the beginning especially good or worth picking up? Other than that, what should I be spending these coins on? I kinda just want to buy cool uniform pieces but I'm not sure if there's other quality-of-life upgrades I can buy with them first.

Other than the new map, it feels a little empty, but I'm not sure if everyone's trying out the new stuff or if the population is just smaller - BF1 still seems pretty active so its weird that a lot of games I join have trouble filling up.

It's because people have been going back to BF1 after getting frustrated with BFV. Recent patches have made the game buggier than normal with poo poo like invisible players and vehicles.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
A

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

B

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We are losing Objective Butter.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Modern Warfare is going to have a 32 v 32 player mode with choppers and tanks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah I think the new CoD is going to be a Battlefield killer, at least for me. Even my friends that bailed on BFV and haven't touched a CoD since MW2 are getting their interests peaked by MW. It looks really good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah I think the new CoD is going to be a Battlefield killer, at least for me. Even my friends that bailed on BFV and haven't touched a CoD since MW2 are getting their interests peaked by MW. It looks really good.

Yea it looks like they went back to the roots of the older CoD games that everyone loved, rather than the nonsensical crazy poo poo that killed all interest I had in the last few.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

RCarr posted:

Yea it looks like they went back to the roots of the older CoD games that everyone loved, rather than the nonsensical crazy poo poo that killed all interest I had in the last few.

Not only that but they've decided to dabble in some battlefield type modes. They've announced that ground war will launch with 100+ players and have player controlled tanks and helicopters. It's a shot right at battlefield when battlefield is at a low point.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Yeah that might convince me to try out cod again.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

It's because people have been going back to BF1 after getting frustrated with BFV. Recent patches have made the game buggier than normal with poo poo like invisible players and vehicles.

While I still like BFV, I just picked up BF1 and Titanfall 2 for like $9 on sale on PSN. BF1 is all around a much more competent game. Shame I picked it up so late in it's game cycle. There are plenty of servers, but about 2-3 populated servers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dog nougat posted:

BF1 is all around a much more competent game.

I wait with bated breath for the thread regulars to tear you to shreds for daring to say BF1 is better than BFV.

It is in practically every way

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
BFV has better gunplay and idk maybe prettier graphics but yeah BF1 was better in almost every important way. And I say that as someone that mostly hated BF1.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It really boggles my mind that :dice: managed to gently caress up BFV so badly. I'm certain a large portion falls on EA basically forcing them to get it out the door like a year too early. There are some qol changes in 5 I really appreciate. The ammo, health, and buddy revive system are pretty much all great additions to the battlefield series. The really confusing thing is that they've had essentially 16 years with the same formula and managed to gently caress it up completely somehow with this iteration. There's no need to reinvent the wheel each installment of a game. It's obvious they reused assets from 1 in 5 and just resigned them. It shouldn't be as broken and unsupported as it is at this state.

I'm incredulous that CoD can do the battlefield thing well, but I hope I'm surprised. Generally not a fan of the CoD game mechanics, but I guess we'll see what they manage to do.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

BFV is getting really "meh" every time I log in to do the weekly challenges. It doesn't help that they haven't fixed that bug where the other player can take more than 100 damage because the server doesn't register all the hits but they can totally nuke you from existence. That and the sniper heavy maps makes flanking and movement not in armored cars impossible unless you smoke every 100 meters.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol CoD had been perfectly content to remain a pure infantry arcade shooter since it's inception. Now they've sensed weakness in an old adversary and they are ready to pounce.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The very first COD expansion for PC from 2004 had vehicles.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
the only way I'm getting that cod is if the 50 50 mode has more then one map. Like it's the only thing that even interests me. But it's gunna be one map probably at launch. I'm not paying 60 bucks for one mode.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

zooted heh posted:

the only way I'm getting that cod is if the 50 50 mode has more then one map. Like it's the only thing that even interests me. But it's gunna be one map probably at launch. I'm not paying 60 bucks for one mode.

Trust me if it's an Activision game you're gonna be paying a lot more than $60 unless you want to be treated as a second class citizen.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
as much as the frostbite and the destruction has hosed the engine up for bf I do enjoy blowing everything up in large scale game modes and I feel like the cod will just make me sad that game franchise is a total flop now.

It's cool they got rid of hitscan though.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I knew BFV was destined to be inferior to BF1 when I discovered they removed the kill sound. It was so so satisfying.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Do people still play BF1? I like BF but they come out about 5 times too fast for my interest level/available time, haven't played much since BF3/4, but don't want to miss out on what seems like a great setting.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chomp8645 posted:

Trust me if it's an Activision game you're gonna be paying a lot more than $60 unless you want to be treated as a second class citizen.

The new one is going to have free dlc maps + no season pass. They’ll work in some sort of microtransactions but it will probably just be cosmetic. Works for me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

The new one is going to have free dlc maps + no season pass.

This is true for everyone in the AAA sphere at this point, it means nothing. Get with the times, grandpa.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Breakfast All Day posted:

Do people still play BF1? I like BF but they come out about 5 times too fast for my interest level/available time, haven't played much since BF3/4, but don't want to miss out on what seems like a great setting.

There were still a decent amount of populated servers this afternoon in ps4. Been enjoying it so far. Went back and tried 5 again. The stupid weekly challenge poo poo makes it feel like a chore. Maps in BF1 seem pretty much leaps and bounds better than the ones in 5.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Live At Five! posted:

I knew BFV was destined to be inferior to BF1 when I discovered they removed the kill sound. It was so so satisfying.

Cha-Ching!

Yeah, there is nothing better than making a bombing run and hearing a bunch of those in sequence. I bought BF5 almost a year ago, but I didn't want to uninstall BF1 on my PS4 to make space. Looks like it was the right decision.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

Yup, I was playing a few days ago.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I just re-installed BF1 last night, and I forgot how much I love it. Only played for about ten minutes but got a clean Martini headshot and it felt so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Julius CSAR posted:

I just re-installed BF1 last night, and I forgot how much I love it. Only played for about ten minutes but got a clean Martini headshot and it felt so loving good.

The martini is supremely satisfying. I miss the early days of BF1 where it was bugged and killed in one shot if you hit someone anywhere above the waist. It's still fun but not nearly as much as back then.