Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

sunday at work posted:

Pacific content trailer on 10/23.

New Ace Combat DLC mission drops the 23rd, I'm probably have a hard time finding the time to even watch this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's going to be one map, that covers Conquest and some small team mode.

There is no way in hell we're getting 4 new maps all at once.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

I’m hoping to see submarines and destroyers but I really doubt it

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

Also it will be a battle no one has heard about.

I hope the new MW inspires them to Make Battlefield Fun Again since they can't just handwave gameplay anymore because no one else has vehicles.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I hope the new MW inspires them to Make Battlefield Fun Again since they can't just handwave gameplay anymore because no one else has vehicles.

One single map called Corregidor and new VIP mode where the allies objective is to sneak a general out without being seen by the Japanese, then once he’s gone the allies tickets drain out and the Japanese win

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I’m goin Pc this winter. What we playing ?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/batt...s=1571838501091

Two new tanks per faction. One plane (two variants) per faction. Several new weapons (going to be parceled out over weeks via tides of war tho). Pick up kits (katana and flamethrower). Three “new” maps: wake, Iwo, and a paracel storm update.

Out on the 31st

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Wake Island isn't out until December.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Just give us the weapons :dice: idiots. I paid for this dumb game, I don't want to schedule time to grind out these stupid achievements for a dumb gun. Just let me have it for the hour every month I forget how trash this game is while I wonder if I should just buy Borderlands 3 for my fps fix.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 23, 2019

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZLabOywYU

hell yeah i'm coming back for some M1 Garand PING, baby

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Looking forward to the Pacific stuff, but CoD comes out at the end of the week. Seems like that might take over my mp fps fix.

Kinda feeling the same thing. Anyone else considering the hop over to CoD?

Played the beta, liked the weapon customisation, but it did seem like a fully spec'd up M4 poo poo on everything in every role.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Picking mine up Friday

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’m goin Pc this winter. What we playing ?

I got sucked into WoW classic but there is much else to explore.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

yellowcar posted:

I want a clicker game, but with M1 Garand pings.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Kinda feeling the same thing. Anyone else considering the hop over to CoD?

Played the beta, liked the weapon customisation, but it did seem like a fully spec'd up M4 poo poo on everything in every role.

I've got it installed, going to a Blackhawks game tonight but I'll be around all weekend. I'll give BFV a try next weekend when the new maps come out. If they don't impress me I just might be done with BF.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I got sucked into WoW classic but there is much else to explore.

Yea WoW isn’t my thing but I’m down for pretty much anything else, should be up and running by christmas

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the pacific update break sliding for anyone else?

e: turns out it’s only the “alternate soldier buttons” that are busted rn

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 30, 2019

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

yellowcar posted:

Same

Sup y'all. maybe do some shootmans this weekend

with teh Garand. Lawyer Team Alpha needs no inferior weapon

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So it's almost midnight on the west coast. Can we play the Pacific content yet? I am in the process of downloading about a 40 gig update for the game which I assume is the Pacific stuff.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pacific maps are fun

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/3b1aa116-834c-46e2-a456-546490722d17

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/ebe3e34c-6822-41db-99e3-eed4b31080f6

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/13d3bac2-4929-4442-8dd9-a198b2109f3b

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/998ebfde-e0d4-4f1c-8338-c273f07c8246

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Getting some goony games in on ps4. Come join concrete n me

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dog nougat posted:

Getting some goony games in on ps4. Come join concrete n me

Just missed y'all but I think for whatever reason you're still not on my friends list

Revo and wargod filled out the squad once you took off and... well it was funny, but not awesome from there on out

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Just missed y'all but I think for whatever reason you're still not on my friends list

Revo and wargod filled out the squad once you took off and... well it was funny, but not awesome from there on out

Huh, weird. Thought you were on my friend list. I'll prob hop on this eve some time after 6pm CST till late as it's my Friday today.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

JUST COME PLAY COD WITH US, YOU DAMNABLE CONTRARIANS!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
At least you don’t walk the lonely path of an xboner. Here’s me taking the flamethrower Sherman to the top of suribachi https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/12815e53-3ca2-44e0-b5ea-668d4dc5b0b1

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Lol. No

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The Bananana posted:

hahaha

also no

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
gotta say, played both maps a few times and i'm already pretty much done with them

not enough farking broats and planes for now to be honest

maps are lovely and immersive, but they honestly just seem incredibly hollow for how loving long it took them to put them out

i'm hesitantly switching over to COD, until anything remotely resembling Eastern Front/Operation Barbarossa comes to fruition, which i know is a loving pipe dream

is Guadalcanal supposed to be a new map as well? that actually could be good since it had the most varied landscapes, beach/sugar cane fields/lush jungle...etc

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 4, 2019

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

At least you don’t walk the lonely path of an xboner. Here’s me taking the flamethrower Sherman to the top of suribachi https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/12815e53-3ca2-44e0-b5ea-668d4dc5b0b1

this owns and pubbies are dumb as gently caress lol

just straight up running into the lane of your treads, over and over again. it'll work this time!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Unlike the actual marines, my moron team couldn't get off the loving beachhead and just got shredded by raking machine gun fire. Please :dice: give me a John Basilone skin that disables the recon class for the entire match and I won't mothball this game until the next shitass update.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

red19fire posted:

Unlike the actual marines, my moron team couldn't get off the loving beachhead and just got shredded by raking machine gun fire. Please :dice: give me a John Basilone skin that disables the recon class for the entire match and I won't mothball this game until the next shitass update.

yeah my first game on D was like that, I just parked myself as an engineer by that big field gun and they seriously couldn't even get past the first sector

zero fun

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Looks like my shootymans time this eve is postponed for real-life friend hangout time. Will try to hop on later-ish if I'm not too drunk..

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm really enjoying the new pacific maps. It finally makes the game feel like a WW2 game. This update shows the potential this game had beneath the bullshit and anemic maps. Since EA said the new Battlefield game wont be for awhile, I'm hoping we get poo poo like the Eastern front. I'll have way more faith in the next Battlefield if they don't leave this one to die.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Iwo Jima Breakthrough is fun as hell.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I liked both maps for breakthrough, although Pacific Storm was a bit of trouble for the Americans if they didn’t concentrate enough to take the first sector. Naturally, of course, the breakthrough only playlist of the new maps is gone. :bang: :dice:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Whatever the pacific island landing map is sucks rear end in conquest, it's completely directionless. Both spawns in the same place puts way too much reliance on having good pubbies

Plus those drat guns in the cave don't point anywhere

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/chapter-5-update-2-notes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW-V8Vy4mx4

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh god I’m reinstalling and I dunno why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For the handful of people who read this thread and not the PC focused one, last major update is gonna be over the summer. I may go back to BF1 and see if that still has any decent number of players in modes worth playing...