Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Struggling to like this game. Too few vehicles, infantry parachutes apparently non-existent. Vehicle spawning system is stupid. Being able to repair your tank from *inside* is beyond stupid.

No more stealing the enemy's armor and taking a point. No more charging a tank, drilling it until the driver bails, then stealing it and driving off into the sunset. No more sneaking into heavily defended enemy flags to steal the armor that spawns there, and frantic escape once you get it. No more Jihads, which have practically defined the crazy poo poo you can do in Battlefield since 1942. Hell, no more minimap so you can plan where you're going next.

And it's just so boring. In earlier Battlefields there were always 2-3 "only in battlefield" moments a night any time I played. I'm struggling to think of one moment over the last few days of gameplay.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So is there any point to opening battlepacks if you think skins are stupid?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
are there limits to the number of times you can be revived in one life?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Jimbot posted:

Any Scout tips for someone who is bad at aiming? Like good positions on maps, ways to get good and things like that. The guns look real fun on the Scout but since I can't hit anything I always feel pretty useless then switch to Support and use guns where I don't have to aim.

yes don't snipe and continue playing as a useful class instead

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

Bone Krew, I'm logging off from work (read: forums) in one hour. I will be on Xbox.

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Gotta be honest, I think I figured out my biggest problem with this game. Its not fun with parties of 3 or more, unless you're friends with a ton of people who don't care about vehicles.

The few games I've joined with yall was just us sitting in menus waiting for one of us to die in a tank, which happens infrequently amongst us. That and the tank instant respawn system is loving retarded.

Went 45-2 as Cavalry the other night. The secret is to don't focus on one guy. If you miss the kill, you should just keep galloping.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 23, 2016

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Cavalry is easy mode, you get infinite light tank grenades, which make you dangerous to armor, and you carry health packs.

The only secrets are to never stop galloping and always heal after you take any damage at all. Also, never try to kill someone again if you miss the first time. Keep going and find someone unaware.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Mail. You're missing some quality killing opportunities. Lots of new pubbies who just got this for Christmas. They must be taught that life is unfair. I've been putting up big numbers in the arty truck and flanker tank and I'm working on getting big numbers with the trench fighter plane.

Sorry, im on vacation in the tropics, which explains why im in my room posting on the forums.

try to convince nick to play, he might be amenable to easy pickins

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Can confirm, solid state drive is the way to play this game and not hate it.

I load in a good 30-60 seconds before anyone else, have my choice of vehicles and can even tinker with loadouts.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Rec me one. Waiting on a tank his hurting my kill farming

I bought http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-cs1311-480gb-internal-sata-iii-solid-state-drive/4825401.p?skuId=4825401 and a $20 enclosure and made my own external SSD. It's like 10 seconds work and you save $70.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
sorry Nick, looks like Xbox live is hosed up. Hopefully you were able to recover my arty truck.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Chemmy posted:

That but paying attention to what [s]snipers[s] Reddit want.

FTFY. Though its much the same thing, they always gush over the hill wookies making 1000 yard headshots, meanwhile wookie's team is losing by 500 tickets.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nick, come back to battlefield, the tank buster plane is fun and right up your alley.

It's basically a flying artillery truck.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Thought I was a good pilot until I played against a guy last night who had no trouble getting behind me and shooting me down.

It turns out, I'm not good, just the vast majority of pubbies are far worse.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
sorry I have the flu dont feel like talking much

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Captain Log posted:

Dude, that was legitimately the most fun "period" of my life I've had online gaming. There was seriously about twenty regulars.

Someguy00 and I grouped up with a guy, whose name I'm forgetting, constantly who was a savant in a tank.

HisDudliness

Good guy. Lot of us miss him.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Chemmy posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

He's calling Nick and I tank autists

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Ol Standard Retard posted:

(I only left because I ran out of rockets)

(You ignored a horse that you could have used to drop an ammo pack)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I'll reg one, all hate mail will continue to go to someguy00

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nevermind, per forums they're still completely broken. No multiple admins, you have to leave the game to kick someone, im getting my money back

Lets see, any changes and you don't show up in server browser, only the server owner can admin, you still can't ban people

Quality product EA/DICE

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 16, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Sometimes, you and your squad buddies get concrete proof that no, pubbies really are that much worse than you.

I was babbling about this the other day. I killed the same tanker 3 times in a row, from roughly the same area. Never once did it occur to the guy to look for me. Every time he was just focused on charging in for easy infantry kills.

I don't get that mindset. You have a tank, your opposite in number must exist, why not at least look out for him?

The only thing I can figure is that for him, those 6-7 kills he got before I blew him up represented an amazing killstreak, so why do anything different?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Those dlc packs all sound cool, I'm glad they're covering lots of different aspects of WW1. Maybe they will do one covering Germany and Britain battling over Germany's African colonies.

Hope that lance is a thing too! Hell yea

Yeah and I'm totally sure DICE will unfuck private servers, so we can play on servers that have regular + DLC maps, and not just be stuck on servers running the same 3 maps over and over!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

sunday at work posted:

It's super cool and good that the single gun on the back of the attack plane is better than the forward guns on the dogfighter load out. Good work Dice.

Same with bombers, you don't take them down in one or two passes. You hit them from afar and wear them down. Your guns are far more accurate from far away than the tail gunner is, so just fly slow an keep your distance.

If you start catching up, spot them so they stay on your minimap, do a roll toward the ground and then point yourself back at them again.

It can get a little tricky as the attack plan has a much lower stall speed than the fighter.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

I know this is early but I want you to go with your gut.

Is this worth getting? Can you see yourself going back to these in two months?

Most of my friends list has gone back to BF4 at this point. I don't think this game is going to have the same staying power. I'll probably get these maps though since they finally have more than 2 loving tanks per side (in one map only). Not buying premium tho.

Again, gently caress you DICE for stripping out all the best bits of Battlefield.

e.pilot posted:

I don't think I've ever seen over 40mbps on live, even with a 100mbit connection

gigabit here, I never get over 60mbps

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 16, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
lol they gimped the artillery truck and added infinite grenades for infantry. gg dice.

Thankfully flying is a lot of fun.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

What did they change about it

Quick repair only does 10 points recovery. Ammo feels a touch slower to regen too.

I met the DICE community manager at SXSW, told him we need more tanks and more server options. He said "we're working on it". My southern upbringing prevented me from shaking him while yelling "stop listening to Reddit".

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 18, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TBeats posted:

reddit's bf1 community is probably 100x the size of SA's so you should get used to them listening to reddit.

Doesn't change the fact that they're a bunch of whiny bitches who complain about any perceived advantage.

The CTE sub-reddit is the epitome of "X killed me twice, therefore it needs to be nerfed"

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 19, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Finally unlocked the hellriegel, and just as I suspected, there is absolutely 0 skill required to use that gun. When a noob cannon.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminator posted:

Wonderful! Maybe next they'll make a magazine-fed shotgun with a flamethrower attachment?

CTE is also testing out applying the whole "replenishing infinite grenades" thing to devices.

So basically in addition to the wrench, the support can add his two ammo pouches to the "useless" devices he can use!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

sunday at work posted:

I think the perceived problem they are trying to "fix" is randoms not coordinating / making it easier to play by yourself.

"Players aren't using teamwork. Let's make it more pointless to work together."

Yay my piloting skills have advanced to the point where I can consistently hit AA guns. I got one guy 6 times in a row before he quit out.

At least switch guns pubbies

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Accidentally hit B while in queue

"You will lose your place in queue, do you wish to continue?"

A for Yes, B for No.

I hit B because no, I do not wish to continue leaving. I want to stay in queue. Turns out that "do you wish to continue" refers to being in queue.

Hire some loving UX designers.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

"All right, everyone get on top of the light tank and we'll ride to B. This is gonna be awesome!"

http://i.imgur.com/jBJEdsv.gifv

EDIT: Fearlessly facing down the cavalry charge:

http://i.imgur.com/spbm46s.gifv

Sorry I switched on Sinai, but I noticed we had one flag, and 10 or so of our teammates were arranged in a horsehoe pattern around D, sniping and nowhere near cap range. So I switched so I could dart bomb them repeatedly from the sky. And I accomplished that

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 25, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Floofy posted:

What's the best way to take down aircraft? it seems that every conquest match i enter, whomever has the competent pilots always wins. I'm not good enough to dog fight to take them down (i usually end up flying straight into the ground or shot down by another plane immediately). If i jump into an AA gun, they don't do enough damage in one pass to even disable them, and i'd usually get bombed as they're flying over.

It's really frustrating to constantly get carpet bombed and being able to do nothing about it

Don't start shooting until they're too close to get away. I pay attention to the map, and if I see someone on the flak cannon, I'm going to make it my primary mission to take them out.

So the longer you're trying for far off to medium shots, the more likely it is I'm going to notice you and dive bomb you. And it's a really, really easy kill in the trench fighter..

I also play with an almost max size minimap with all the stationary icons at max size, so don't wait while on the AA gun, because I'll notice the grey icon isn't there.

If your team's pilots are being outmatched by the other team though, sitting on an AA gun can really help them. You may not take the plane out, but you'll get it off their tail, which means they get another try at the guy. Most pubbies are loving idiots though so unless you're in the same squad as a pilot with a mic YMMV.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 28, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Fastest, we've been dogfighting wrong. Looked up a youtube video by a skylord, turns out you can turn much faster by going full throttle.

Tried it out, didn't lose a dogfight. Even guys who got behind me couldn't keep up with my sick turns and my even sicker burns.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Huh. I've been doing the slow down. I'll try it out but to be honest I rarely get any competent enemy pilots

You have to pitch up when you start turning, then go into a dive to complete your turn. Key is never let up on your aid speed. it also leads to me killing enemy pilots a lot faster so that I can go back to blessing enemy infantry with my trench darts that much sooner.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'm working on sawed off shotgun service star but wildlands

You should probably come back while you can, they're about to seriously nerf the trench fighter.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I think I'm done with BF1. Technically it's a very good game (and gorgeous) but it's just so boring after the other entries. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given Hardline and Battlefront.

Remaining xboners If yall find another good FPS hit me up.

fastest- pick up blackwake next time it's on sale on steam and lets play pirate fps

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 21, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Fastest - fortnite looks like a lot of fun, but I dont know about paying for early access to a f2p game.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminator posted:

A lot of of the regular Xbox squad doesn't plan anymore. I play regularly still, gt is TheGohnComplex.

Game probably plays different because of the new weapon time to kill patch, it made things more twitchy and you die faster. Needs a bit more cautious play style.

Any of the old squad planning on picking up Sea of Thieves? Beastie? Fastest? Duck?

New BF game out this year, hopefully DICE learns from the boring noobfest BF1 turned out to be.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I hope they unfuck the stupid vehicle decisions they made in BF1.

Some of the most fun Ive ever had playing Battlefield was spent sneaking onto an enemy flag, waiting for the armor to spawn, and fighting my way out.

Now? You spawn into armor on a point from the map. You can repair your tank from *inside*. It's so dumb. BF1 cured me of a 10,000+ hour Battlefield addiction.

Bf1943 with more maps and D3.0 and I'll get back on the wagon (off the wagon?).

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Stealing tanks from spawn/bombing planes on the runway was absolutely terrible for games, and I hope it never returns

That's great, I didn't say anything about stealing tanks from spawn. Primo critical reading skills.

Armor that spawns at cappable points should be fair game. Hence why I said "flags" and not "enemy spawn"

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 4, 2018