Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The main tank turrets are loving deadly. Just constantly one-shotting infantry from basically any range. Went 16-0 in my first game being in a tank. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the server still down? I'm hoping to get a few hours in after work.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can just buy stuff in game though? Or is that not working for some people?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I wish the soldiers had whistles to blow while just lolly gagging around

Squad leaders do. At least on one team. I used the "Go go go" command and my dude blew a whistle!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How the hell do you sign up for EA Access? I go to the website and when I click on the "Get EA Access" button, it just redirects me to a website selling Xbox Live Gold Memberships.

What gives?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chemmy posted:

You buy it on Xbox live, unless that's the button you're talking about.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

When I click on "Get EA Access Now", it redirects me to this page: https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...=1033&id=292543,which is just for an Xbox Live subscription. How does one actually purchase an EA Access subscription?

Are you saying I can only get it through my Xbox One browser, and not online?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 10, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks, Chemmy. I found it there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So, if I have EA Access, I'll just be able to download the game (trial?) on the dashboard tomorrow?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone else constantly getting the screen that tells you how many hours you have left popping up while you're in the middle of a game? Literally every 5 minutes. I've died so many times already due to that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It pains me that there's no spawn beacon in this game :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Amazon tells me I will have my preorder tomorrow.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

gently caress. Mine says Tuesday the 25th!

When the hell did you preorder that you get it tomorrow?

The Early Enlister Deluxe Edition comes out the 18th, and Amazon does release day shipping. I think it came out to $69 including tax with the prime 20% discount.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

red19fire posted:

E: how are motherfuckers already rank 30 when the game's been out for like 4 hours.

People have been playing since the 13th with EA Access.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd expect things to be ok until the game unlocks for everyone on the 21st. I'm sure it will be a poo poo show then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't even switch weapon loadouts in this game. Help? I've played 100+ hours of each console version of BF (even Battlefield 2: Modern Combat!) but never figure out half of the UI stuff, including how to use the weapons/stuff from battlepacks.

When you are on the class selection screen before you spawn just press the customize button. It's Y on Xbox. Also you can do it on the battlefield.com career tab.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, on Xbox you press Y to quit after a match, but the option goes away after about 10 seconds. A great design choice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, it actually shows the syringe fill as you pull the plunger? My TV must be too dark to see that. Makes sense since during the whole "adjust your brightness so the emblem is barely visible", the emblem was completely invisible even at 100% brightness.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a video I'll have to upload, where at the very start of the game on that close quarters desert map with 3 points, I rush from the spawn along the boundary and come up behind the enemy as they were capping the point closest to their spawn. I just parked the horse in a group of enemies and swung the sword until they killed me. I must have got 5 or 6 kills without moving.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the same medals available to everyone? My friend was describing the one he was doing, but I didn't have it available. How does it decide who gets what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I spent yesterday getting to scout level 1 playing close quarters attack scout, which was difficult using the bolt action rifles. I finally unlocked the experimental semi auto scout gun though, so I'm excited to try it out after work today.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The M1903 Experimental for the scout class is amazing. The damage is a little low, but it is laser accurate, and has FORTY-ONE shots in a clip. Trust me, just give it a try. It's a thing of beauty, and really makes the attack scout niche plausible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It would be MUCH worse if the game didn't let you spawn on squad members. It would just result in you spawning miles away from the action. It sucks the couple times a game you spawn and die instantly, but you always have the choice to spawn somewhere that's guaranteed to be safe if you want.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you kill someone by planting a dummy sniper post into their body? This is important.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Was it ever possible to see the list of gamertags whose dogtags you've taken in previous battlefield games or am I making poo poo up?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ah man, I wish it was still a feature :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sex Prospector posted:

I would like for the sprint button to work in crouch mode. I've gotten into trouble a lot of times because I have to stand up first.

This, a thousand times. I have no idea why pressing sprint doesn't automatically make you stand up, like it does in every other game ever made.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think assault is pretty good? The anti-tank mines one shot any vehicle if you put 3 down and are hard to spot. Then you get dynamite as a backup.

As long as you aren't getting involved in long range gunfights it's perfectly fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

This spreadsheet was in the BF4 thread. You might have to import these into Battlelog and hope they transfer to the BF1 companion since I doubt they've been updated with the new emblem editor.

My old one transferred over to BF1 without me doing anything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

What's the best way to level up the scout? I want to use that pickaxe melee weapon but it takes forever and laying back and missing most of my shots isn't that fun.

Flares will get you lots of spotting/assist points. To get to level one I would just shoot flares at the enemy and rush in with gas grenades and my pistol. Once you hit Scout level 1, you can buy the M1903 Experimental and just play close-mid range attack scout.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

So does the game come with auto aim turned on or off by default? I just was reading some posts in this thread and someone mentioned autoaim and well, I am definitely not getting that when I shoot. I also am averaging about 2 kills a match. I am going to go home and see if I have it turned off, that would be incredible if it's the case

It's on by default. You just don't notice it unless it's egregious. It's not why you're averaging 2 kills a game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Anyone else ever get the impression that everyone else's gun is way more powerful than the gun you've got? Like, bad mans are all "that sure is a nice LMG you're unloading into my chest, but check this out: *flicks cigarette in your face*" *dies*

This cracked me up. Thank you :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The revive needle will one shot enemies, it's boss.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any update on the headphones easter egg?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's a set of headphones on every map that give out some morse code signal when listened to. It's some extensive easter egg like the crazy one they had in BF4. Just wondering what's been discovered so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

I really don't like Argonne Forest. It's like a worse operation locker.

It's my favorite map. Operation locker literally had three hallway sized choke points, which were the ONLY ways to cross the midpoint of the map. This map is nothing like that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looselybased posted:

That kit has gotten me so many kills. Just burst fire it and you can mow down entire squads with one clip.

Yea, it's pretty awesome. You're guaranteed a bunch of kills if you pick it up, basically.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

winter.mute posted:

Sometimes the spawn system really screws you, but every now and then it puts you right where you want to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF7oSj1PJQ

getting an instant payback kill. feels good, man

If there was ever a time to get a medical syringe kill, it was then.

Shame on you.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

Make sure to only open your battlepacks while in the main menu; not in a game. Then you get the sweet crowbar the lock and lift animation. Huahhhhh!

I didn't even know you could open them in game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I am thankful for snipers because of all the easy knife kills they give me. I'm almost at 100 kills with my fancy jambalaya knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Any advice on throwing the AT grenades?

Hit the tank with them? There isn't really more to it than that.