Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yossarian is back, in pog form!

Haven't played any BF since we was chuckin wookieballs and camping carriers in BF3.

Good to see some familiar faces here, I won't have much time to play vidjas until the new year. But PS4 players hit me up at Gunshow_Poophole. I'll check out the community too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Patrol boat visibility is loving atrocious but so far the firepower is on par with BC2 Vietnam (blast from teh past). Maybe the dastardly Turks just didn't have the right firepower to take me out but my buddy stranded me by dying and I mowed down 6 or 7 infantrymen before a plane strafed me to death.

Knightmare posted:

I was pretty bummed about assault class until I got the A10 shotgun. A10 + rocket gun for long range is a pretty good setup.

definitely shotgun is great. Love going house to house in Amiens just blasting dudes.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gynecolojustice posted:

So it turns out that my autoaim was on, not off, and I just do really suck. Got 4 kills on Fao Fortress though. Maybe I need to stop playing medic and just start sniping.

I wouldn't expect to suck at aiming any less as a sniper. The nice thing about having 32 mans on your team these days is that you make much less difference as an individual so whatever snipe away!

*cue 10 people thinking the exact same thing, teams might as well be 16 again*

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

Sometimes the spawn system really screws you, but every now and then it puts you right where you want to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF7oSj1PJQ

getting an instant payback kill. feels good, man

lol also deliberate, measured overkill is pretty funny

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PyrE posted:

These games are way more fun when played in groups, wish I still knew my bad company 2 group. Add me on psn irlcyberbully and join the battlegoons community

Yeah I'm finding that with the bigger player count it's almost impossible to effect any sort of progress without at least two decent pubbies in a squad with me working together.

I'm bc2 you could Rambo a room enclosed mcom pretty well considering there'd be maybe 3 or 4 guys from the other team at any given time. Now when I slip past the front line to circle around behind the deepest flag, there's inevitably 8 fuckin dudes on my rear end as soon as it starts capping. (and not in the way I'd prefer 8 dudes in my rear end right Dantes haw haw)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I wonder if they're going to add other barrel attachments eventually? I can't think of anything they bayonet stops you from taking now.

Pop gun cork
"BANG!" Flag
Red plastic muzzle tip
Drooping wobbly rubber barrel

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
So kind of an exploit that you can camp the poo poo out of the boat spawn on suez with your own boat and just rack up thousands of points... I worked through a full game of just killin boats and random players who would spawn to go after the dreadnought in them.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Blind Rasputin posted:

This game is the best multiplayer experience right now. It is also the worst menu and UI experience right now. Like, why are the post-game menus so slow I feel like I'm playing on a 386. The lack of customization outside the game is so absurd it hurts. And who's idea was it to remove all the cool unlockables from the BF4 days, where after a match you'd see that progress bar tick forward and like a badass grenade launcher or something would drop on the screen as an unlock. There's none of that, the progress screen is useless and to be fair once you hit level 3 on each class progress all together seems useless.

It really is hilarious that a post-game table of numbers makes a goddamn 8th gen console chug like a Commodore. What the hell, and why have flashy menus at all if you can't DO anything in them.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yes, while I have yet had a chance to play with goons in a squad, this game is masterful at creating the most insane recordible moments. Like you can die, get a good idea, spawn as say assault, and go full bananas with explosives on a building or tank and it usually ends up working in hilarious ways. I just love it.

the house off to the side of Charlie on Argonne Forest is the best wacky explosive building honeypot. People just default to using it as a waypoint to transition to or from the Bravo trenches and nobody expects a the (un)controlled demolition I've carefully laid out.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

swordfish duelist posted:

Alternatively, follow your squad drop ammo and use a BAR trench or Benet storm and enjoy your heavy assault rifle.

Yeah also fire in 10-15 round bursts, the weird "accuracy increases as you fire" mechanic will help out a lot. I find if I try to conserve ammo I'm popping off 4 rounds and pulling a pulp fiction. The Benet is quick to reload and you carry your own ammo resupply with you so just hammer dat reload button.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Gunshow_Poophole will be on tonight PS4krew let's get this poo poo together.

but first: NOODLES

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo the squad/party system on PS4 is broken as hell. Sorry I spent like 45 minutes bitching about how to join up tonight um... I am still unclear as to what the problem was. At least we could laugh about it. Also the party thing listed anyone who wasn't actually on my friends list as "offline". Whatever, next time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It just about recalls the glory days of rocket sniping: King Carl from BFBC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAjI8SP_u8

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Elliptical Dick posted:

At the risk of asking a stupid question: Did you already place one during those lives that you are talking about? I'm pretty sure the mortar becomes a fixed position after you place it and you cannot place it again after exiting it.

yeah why CAN'T you loving pick up and move your mortar? would that just make it too OP or somethign?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DELETED posted:

Shartillery Truck is best truck

lmao

for content I guess why do I feel liike Ballroom Blitz doesn't pop as often as nearly every other map? do I just always get stuck in at the worst time or is it only available on certain servers' lists?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Snak posted:

Good, cause Ballroom Blitz is the worst map.

You are of course entitled to your opinion in this regard, sir, however considering you have recently also claimed that

Snak posted:

After extensive testing, I have determined that mortars suck rear end.

I remain skeptical of your taste :P

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
My beef with spotting is not so much the cooldown but the fact that I have to take my finger off the trigger to do it. It's a subtle change from BF3 (yeah I skipped 4 what of it) but it's hugely impactful to not just be able to mash my left thumb into the select button instead of moving a finger.

It also drives home the idea that I am physically electing to SPOT the mans I have my crosshairs covering, rather than just loving SHOOTING the mans.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nija posted:

R1 is spot... R2 is the trigger.

Who is insane here? I use my middle finger for the trigger, and my index finger for R1. You're saying you use a single finger for both buttons?!

Leftover habit from ps3 control mainly. R1 was Fire for my last thousands of hours of shootmans on consoles. I have to consciously force my index onto the bumper and middle onto the trigger. Also (for my hands I guess) no controller has done triggers right since xbox360 and although the dualshock 4 is better than the 3 it is still not very good.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if you dont pull the trigger with your index finger like god intended then the terrorists have truly won

I'm doing my part! :911:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Same way you get a tank. Just pick the truck from the tank spawn point.

Picture unrelated:

http://i.imgur.com/31FRdY2.gifv

dyin here lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
A comeback from down 850-760 to cap the night off with a win, good poo poo PSkrew. Also welcome back Revo you should post in this thread!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Popete posted:

You mean I can't put up a sick rear end joining banner of my gaming group name adorned with pot leafs and bikini babes?

Flames, skulls, flaming skulls and flames made up of skulls

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Yes, if your goal is just to be faster than other people, a SSHD will give you a good enough boost. There's a 2TB available in the slim form factor for ps4s for only like $120 or so.

Do not go down the SSD route unless you love and are insane about your PS4.

Hey good playin with y'all, I can't believe that the four of us were consistently in the top ten while I felt like I was turning in just the loving worst performances.

DROB is a blast from the past, Bad Company PSKrew represent

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

spudsbuckley posted:

Got the game for ps4 today.

I like it but I absolutely love the fact that it has gotten stuck in an infinite loading loop on 3 separate occasions (twice leaving a session after a round and once opening a battlepack) and required a restart of the game each time.

Great QA right there.

Yeah the game doesn't really let you Quit by pressing the triangle button it just consigns you to a purgatorial loading screen for :dice: reasons.

I'm pretty sure people have bitched about it enough that they'll patch it soon.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

This was exquisite. Good to catch up with you and Woodshelf tonight.

Sorry to Gamerbabe and Effable MY WIFE walked in the door just as the operation was kicking off, I'll be able to poop on more mans tomorrow evening.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Mediocre results but fun times tonight pskrew. I am consistently reeeeeal good at dying, what tends to swing my rounds is whether I can kill to keep up with it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
dang if we didn't have 8 goons in a party tonight for at least one game, that was a lot of fun.

Except when we had to hump our entire team through that operation. jesus those guys were bad.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

They just have to be occupied by an enemy in the last minute.

So yeah if they get on an AA, but they die to another sniper, if you casn kill that AA in the next 45 seconds or so, it still counts as a vehicle destroyed.

Also, god drat we destroy in a squad. Shotout to mellow, backup, some guy who's name has something about poop in it?

We dominate, and it's so amazing how much points we get with an effective squad leader (ie, me)

Yeah even when we are very bad (like me, the guy with poop in his name) I feel like we get poo poo done and wrecked when we work together. :glomp: pskrew also backup is somewhat uncannily good at this game just generally

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

The 1903 Experimental is such a fun humiliation weapon

It's fun period because it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, I keep saying this in squads but for me it's a throwback to dual wielding dostoveis in Goldeneye on N64 (I'm old)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Snacks: wife came home, dinner time, etc. sorry to bail so quickly!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

best bale posted:

Add me! Guns of August (when I chose my gamer tag never in a million years did I think there'd ever be a wwi game)

this is cool haha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
How does the game decide whether K bullets / rocket gun rockets will actually gently caress something up or not? Are tanks actually modeled out that precisely with regards to where armor is weak? I feel like I'm always popping poo poo for 5 damage or 12 damage or whatever with any long-distance explosive. Which I guess could also be the point, but come on. Rocket gun!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tei posted:

Sheriff stop the bandits in the middle of a bank heist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWId-woeE4o

There aren't this many incompetent players on a US server in an entire evening of games. Or if there are, they are definitely on my team / in my squad.

HOW did that first pack of dudes not turn around? ever?

omg chael crash posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on medical pouch versus medical crate? I'm a big proponent of the pouches for the afford mobility and sheer healing speed but all of my RL friends are DIEHARD crate fans. I just don't see it -- but I'm welcome to be proven wrong. Whatever works best

I was unaware that the pouch heals faster, which could change my mind. But I mean functionally if crate heals multiple people and reserves my use of Buttons for Other Purposes then the crate is way better. Not that I dissect my play in this way in reality, but I cannot be firing bullets for the ~1.5 second throw-a-pouch animation and even though I am straight up terrible at shooting, limiting my ability to spray n pray makes me anxious!

just... put out another crate if you need to get different people health?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I think it's just wider variation because electing to play TDM will kinda self sort people into "dedicated TDM players" and "people on other game mode walkabout"

Laminator posted:

lol

Should only take me about another 20 years to unlock all the class 10 weapons

At least u got the 10A to keep you company til hellreigel because it's the best gun anyway

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

Smaller maps, infantry based,

I foolishly continue to refuse to use the 10-A except for Slug because I hate myself

I know ur a doctor now, u could probably get something published in JAMA about the pathology of this level of self loathing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Snak posted:

-new procedure for deploying crates directly at your feet when deployment fails were you are aiming at

This is cool and good there's so many times where a crate just doesn't pop at all.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Man I didn't even notice the sprint-from-prone fix, god that poo poo is annoying. Way to be on top of things, DICE. He says cynically.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

My sad storuy of the night is being killed by someone who has 57 medals in the mondragon. Game hasn't been out two months and this dude has 6k kills with one weapon?

Yeah I'm continually amazed by people who buttonhole their poo poo in this way. Yeah like, I enjoy the 10-A in its current form but christ that'd be so BORING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for some winter maps, I really liked that last round of DLC for BF4 with the snow maps.

of course, the best part of winter maps for BF1 would be new soldier skins
who wouldn't want to be an abominable snowman / arctic pimp

There's something deeply, cynically hilarious about that photo saying "Happy New Year" haha.

Cheers from the trenches! It's fukkin cold here, my life expectancy is measured in hours, and here's to 1918 bringing you and yours less gas, disease and pointless suffering!