Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Well sorry effable and mellow my wife came home just as we were startin to rock and roll in that tank.

I did kill three mans on my way to idle out, hope it helped. Definitely around more this weekend and next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Realtalk: what's the best way to experiment with / practice piloting planes? I still haven't figured that poo poo out and get stuck in endless not-sharp-enough turns to realign my bombing and strafing passes.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah they tried that poo poo on BF4 as well and it's just not intuitive compared to throttle being on the trigger

it is a bit weird that the throttles for various vehicles are in different places.

Thanks for tips re: planes, I actually got to chill in one while we waited for a server to fill up earlier today, getting the hang of poo poo.

Sorry again for bailing to... various goons, my playtime keeps getting cut short these nights. At least this time I earned my medal :3:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

moist turtleneck posted:

they really should have a minigame where you have to do $X amount of damage to the stuff on the map in a limited time ala burnout

This would be amazing.

Especially if there was a broader game mode to play it where one team is trying to do damage and the other is trying to stop them.

Gotta be real careful with your explosives!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lollll and this is the first time I've ever shared anything from my PS4 ahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyMFtEgys&t=35s

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Outside of the air combat my favorite part of this game is locking doors.

Bunker Simulator 2016

Real, lockable doors! Concrete for days! New model year blast valves reskinned for this year's game!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
counterpoint: assault is faster because you're shotgunning fuckers in the face all day

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
what kind of nerd plays video games alone on a saturday night

(this kind)

(after I put some spicy noodles in my face)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^noice

Haha just got your message diablo but Jesus it's been 25 minutes trying to join / invite various people and I've only played enough to die three times to the same fuggin tanklord.

Pskrew assemble e: on Gunshow_Poophole

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Haha holy poo poo yeah you definitely got a large number of tank kills tonight.

Great to play with everybody, thanks for chilling with us for the evening. My biggest accomplishment was using the middle of nowhere fortress gun on Empire to take the enemy dreadnaught from 100 to 1 health and have the killing blow stolen by some pubbie in a plane :(

Edit how do I know if people are seeing my emblem or not? Dickbutt is there to console the victims of my shoots.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Just finished a goddamn conquest game with pickle and red where the entire remainder of our team basically played deathmatch inside the fortress for the whole time. We got surprisingly less wrecked than we should have thanks to the three of us trying to occasionally play objectives, but seriously Just... go play deathmatch or domination??

Not bad rounds tonight just a poo poo way to finish up.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That's some dedicated botposting, Mr. Markov. To come all the way here to visit us BFGoons. What an honor!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Doesn't seem that hard, it has probably the most killing potential if lined up right. Those cannons can instant kill a tank if lined up right.

Dreadnought stars should count negative because it means your team sucks often enough for you to get them. Play the objectives bitches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJjFK62-I2A

mothafuckin tank grenades! Youtube offered to stabilize this video because my man was sprinting and that makes his cellphone shaky.

Also another clip (I came back from getting a drink or manipulating something in the menus maybe?) to find guests arriving at my house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-QB9y6g25U&t=20s

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I only just noticed (because I assumed they were team-oriented because more people roll with a generic one) that emblems show up on the sides of vehicles you occupy. Is there anywhere else they display?

Love my dickbutt-emblazoned sidecars yo!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wow haha

Btw I also have a non synced account and am Poophole. Yes Eff you got up to very good hijinks but it's really weird not being able to talk to / hear you. Also Pickle and Winter we had legitimate Good Chats today thanks Y'ALL

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Underwhelmed posted:

I tried joining the battlegoons group on PS4 but never got a reply. Is there still a PS4 presence?

I dunno about the community, but The last three posters and me are all PS4 goons, we routinely find ourselves with parties of 5-6 goons on the average east coast evening. There's a euro contingent too!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Played Giant's Shadow for the first time last night in Conquest. It feels like it's in this weird space where each individual point is really well designed and interesting to fight over, but between the points there's just nothing. I had fun with it though. It didn't seem like as much of a snipefest as people were complaining about, but my squad spent most of the time backcapping A/B so there was a lot of cover.

I agree, this map is a series of three vignettes separated by swathes of rollling hills. An interesting theory, but gently caress you if you get stuck in no man's land!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
They should add unsaddled/kitted horses as a period-appropriate way to rapid transit. Not that like... a farmer's herd wouldn't have fuckin skedaddled when a dirigible crashed into their paddock, but look the code is pretty much already written. WORK WITH ME MAYBE THIS FARMER HAD A BUNCH OF JETPACKS IN HIS BASEMENT

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
wait hang on, dirigible... jetpack... Jennifer Connelly's tits...

I got you, :dice:

god I'm loving old this poo poo was in theaters OVER TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
holy poo poo (btw can you tell work is slow today yay holidays) is wookytheyear a goon? Because how do you get so close but so far from an outstanding screen name??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ the only other way I can parse it is "Woo KY The Year", are they wildcats fans or something? (gently caress John Calipari)

Yesss I found out the other day that you can fire the rocket gun from a sidecar, all of a sudden I'm like a very fragile tank hunter!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

I'm finishing some laundry but I'll be on for Bf1 for a few hours. Come play with me! Poop, come after work you got it?

Will do my best if I can get work squared away, I'm goin to the THEATAH tonight though so I will have to bail early.

E: rocketsniping

Double edit: whole video has fun highlights of Ineffable enabling my destructive lifestyle. TANK SPOTTED. Also skip to 4:40 to start The Stabbing Spree :china:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUsW01Vv4tY&t=43s

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 22, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

There were a ton of good ones last night, though my obvious favorite was BUTTJUSTICE

lol I should pair up with him some time.

By contrast I've never seen my personal favorite, in a horribly-offensive slur type of way, PSN name again: I played a round of BF3 with JIGABOO_BLASTER## where I don't remember the number but hope it was 69 (or 88 to really drive home the hatred).

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That's dumb, bonekrew get your poo poo together. Embrace jihad.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tracula posted:

Played a few nights ago. Had people saying friend of the family constantly in chat for two games. Join a third and say "At least nobody is dropping N-bombs in here." First reply is "What are you, some kind of SJW?"
First game tonight in chat first thing I see is "Who else here hates niggers" followed my a slew of people saying me me me.

I usually don't complain about toxic communities but holy christ.

Unrelated to this game but a couple buddies and I were playing Rocket League the other night and somehow, typing through the system keyboard with controllers, we managed to piss some random kid off so badly that he brute-forced my friend's admittedly simple password and tried to gently caress with his PSN account. It wasn't like he could access any sensitive data but jesus someone got so mad just... reading incoherent simple phrases like "fuk u" and "ur mom" over a chat box in a game about If Sports Were With Cars?? that he went and tried to gently caress with someone's account.

People are loving monsters.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
You can change the color of your reticle??

Mind blown again

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mellowjournalism posted:

you guys know there is a thriving underground community at Monte Grappa, with a jazz club downstairs?

Charlie Train Runnin is an iconic tune from The Auxiliary Treats Orchestra. The original recording features not only the inimitable ownage of Snacks himself, but a supporting cast of Ineffable on Tank, Poophole on shotgun, wintermute on the syringe and desertpickle's own distinct blend of Somehow Not Dying

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah the limpet throw limit is seriously annoying. I was 4 feet from an arty truck last night and threw the drat thing on the ground. You'd think lugging an LMG and 400 rounds of ammunition around would give support troops a little more upper body strength.

It's also dangerously inconsistent, if the game detects a vehicle it can attach to, it'll occasionally give the range a lil extra oomph. The reverse scenario is true as well, sometimes if I'm trying to place it on the ground it'll just drop at my goddamn feet.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

Get the benet-mercie telescopic and do some work, the Lewis gun is pretty underwhelming

Any benet mercie is gonna up your efficacy. Fire in 8-10 round bursts, gently caress badmans

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

i've never really used the shotguns, i didn't realize they were easy mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhgc_BetRT0

there's a job opening in the zeppelin gunner seat, it's a part time position with a lot of turnover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjulXvOYdbI

That zeppelin run was pretty fuckin great.

I did not do well tonight, I'm convinced that being able to yell into the mic as loudly and frequently as I please is a critical component to my success.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

that's the 97? That's an amazing drop you got on those guys haha they didn't stand a chance.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

I don't know what it is, maybe in initial playtesting Support was stupidly broken, so they turned the dial all the way in the other direction. So instead of being able to resupply your own equipment, they put all the gadgets on cooldown timers instead, gave you only LMGs so there's no real risk of running out of ammo that you could resupply yourself with, made the one gun that behaves sort of like an assault rifle with a magazine that blocks half the screen, and made it so you had to hump the bumper of a vehicle to stick a limpet to it. And then they nerfed mortars.

Yeah I think the challenge especially in a game set in WWI was how to differentiate class weapons in a meaningful way.

They're kinda stretching (of course the war itself prompted a hilarious amount of innovation in Man-Killing) having man-portable full-auto LMGs to begin with, and then you kinda run into the lack of distinction between medic semi-auto rifles and sniper rifles... and well these are kinda SMGs the very first of which was literally only introduced in 1918 or whatever for an assault class, where you kind of want to slot a shotgun into the rotation etc.

So then I imagine balancing all that poo poo is real difficult, where if you looked at it in reality a loving Lewis Gun would have been a hilariously OP deathmachine compared to a single-shot 1903 or whatever, so where do you statistically adjust various weapons to make them all Still Fun to play?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
All these words typed: support still owns and get you a Benet Mercie, fire it in 8-10 round bursts to dial it in, chuck explosive frisbees at everything, Love Life

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Pubbie squad, being drunk, what's the difference?

the difference is being drunk is fun and I'm bad whereas being in a pubbie squad is not fun and I'm still bad

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

easy kills as the other team has to rush like a kilometer across open flat ground without any cover.

*mumbles something about historical accuracy*

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Trillhouse posted:

It's what I keep going back to. It feel good from the shoulder and is a laser when set on its bipod. The only other shoulder MG I like is the BAR Storm and it's tiny mag and lack of bipod annoy me.

If the Benet Mercie had a bigger belt it's all I would ever use. Reloading it feels like starting a new page on a typewriter and I love it.

Yeah I'm legit in love with the Benet Mercie. If it had a bigger belt it's all ANYBODY would use because it's so goddamn good. They nailed the gratuitous reload, it's very "this gun is a tank just use your fist".

mellowjournalism posted:

Battlefield is weird. when everyone gets into the rhythm of spawning in so fast and running directly to the action, it can feel like the only way to keep up is to also run directly towards any action. With the music going and the radio lady telling you We're Losing Objective Apples Through Grabass, Hurry The gently caress Up, it can feel like going for the flank is just going to take too long for too little return

petition to replace one of the emote radials with "PLAY GRABASS WITH YOUR BUDDY"

*snaps a towel at u*

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Lol I always feel like such an interloper when I hop in on the Euro Brexit crew and set nasally about with my A's and E's

Fun catching up with yall briefly tonight, might be back later if you're still around Snacks

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I am proud to represent being dead almost 100% of the time you recorded

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
why not just buy a 2.5" HD and replace the stock one, adding a step of connectivity seems... counterintuitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

I believe the system will be flagged as having been tampered/modded in live

Sorry i am a dirty Playstation user and just assumed you could do the same thing with the bone