Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
On PS4, looking for some goons to shoot mans with.
Usually on between 5-10 CST.
PSN: dog_nougat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Just finished the movie. You still on?

Nah. That's it for me tonight. The gf's comin over in a bit.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Steyr n I are lookin for 2 more to fill a squad for some firestorm action. :getin:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Played a lil frontlines last night. Took a bit to find a server w/ a 2 man squad. Was totally empty when we joined. Once it hit the minimum player count it filled up pretty much immediately.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Krankenwagen n I (dog_nougat) are lookin for 2 more

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Prob will be on tonight for some shooting mans and crushing cans (of beer)

:same:

(On the former)

Edit: can whomever is in charge of the butt clan let me in so I feel included in the cool kids club?

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 2, 2019

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm gonna hop on and shoot some mans

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Had some fun firestorm rounds last night, despite dying immediately mostly. On my final round last night I came across a purple Enfield with a bayonet. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to mount it for sweet instakills.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Really been enjoying firestorm. Was kinda iffy about it at first. There's more of a sense of urgency and danger. I like that there's friendly fire enabled for V1s and Artillery strikes, despite the fact that I accidentally called an arty strike on my squad last night and killed us...oops.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for a bit o firestorm if anyone wants to join in

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Grind is the worst game mode possible. Certainly lived up to it's name. Got that dumb carbine and never going back.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's definitely better w/ a full squad. Still pretty drat awful compared to any other mode. The only upside I can think of is it's super easy to grind out most assignments

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for a lil fri night shootymans

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for some Monday shootmans.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Late-ish Sat night shootmans?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for some early afternoon shootymans to grind out the weird sniper pistol

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Pour one out for your homie.

I'm out of town, and away from gaming with the boyz.

Inexcusable :catbert:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for some Friday night shootymans

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
RiP my Battlefielding last night. drat power outage cut everything short, right after stealing an enemy Panzer IV on Twisted Steel. Had some god-awful rounds up until that point. Gonna try and give it another go this evening.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
^^^harsh but fair.

Hopping on for a lil bit

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
You can but them w/ the company coins (xp-like currency).

Some fun games w/ y'all tonight. I've apparently just started sucking completely as of late though and am struggling to kill dudes consistently.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

We talked a bit last night about how old we all are but theres an interesting demographic problem (situation? Not as negative) I think games like these are facing now. you've got a community that's ostensibly 30 years broad, with incredibly diverse reasons for even wanting to play, and somehow both heavily fractured by branding but also simultaneously forced into the narrow scope of two consoles. Your choice is doing something so well it maneuvers that baffling maze and is spot on from delivery, fully aware that people will whine about it being "stale" or demanding "more" after your past commercial models have conditioned them to do so,

or garbage cash grab reskin pastiche code rehash micro transactions on a 15 month and shrinking treadmill

lol I know which one it's gonna be every time

That's a pretty fair assessment, but I rather doubt anyone's playing the battlefield series looking for a fresh gaming experience. Battlefield has been about combined arms, objective-based shootymans gameplay from the get go. It's a super simple formula and it boggles my mind that DICE/EA keep trying find "the next big thing" when they already have a tried and true formula. People play Battlefield for the established gameplay. Changing it and adding a bunch of superfluous game modes that fragment the player base aren't really endearing them to the players/consumers. Firestorm is pretty fun, but the regular MP experience is why I play Battlefield.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Come play some Buttlefield nerds.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, been going through some stupid poo poo irl the past week. Hopping on now actually.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp. Fortress is dumb af game mode.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for the evening. Come shoot some mans!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Cannon squad was a blast last night! Enjoyed the dumb gimmicky hijinks. A bit disappointed with jihad keeping though. A fully laden kubelwagen and a panzerfaust didn't even destroy a churchill :argh:. :dice:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's my Friday night. Gonna be a lame-o cool guy and stay in and play vidya games. Come join me in my shootmans endeavors.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sorry y'all. Bf3 was the best battlefield.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Considering reinstalling bf4. I recall it fondly, when it worked. It's been a good few years since I've played though, so I imagine it's gonna take me a while to figure it all out again

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Bf4. Well it sure is a thing. It's been a long drat time, but there's so much happening at once, it's hard to make sense of it all. Granted it doesn't help that I spawned into a match of op locker straight off either.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Beastie posted:

Last time I checked out 4 (before V's release) it was nothing but the most obnoxious poopsockers. Maxed out little birds with two repair torches and a pilot that has 400 hours flying and 20 as infantry.

Still basically the same.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Kinda digging the mercury map so far.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Come play some shootymans w/ me!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hell, they may as well just bring the BF3 USAS w/ frag rounds to really round it out.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, like 1 damage or something laughably low.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Might have better luck w/ that over in the PC thread

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Here ya go bub.

dog nougat posted:

Might have better luck w/ that over in the PC thread

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Same. Also, kinda just got tired of Battle Royale. Find reg BFV more entertaining tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'd be down. Bein a lazy/hungover sack of poo poo today.

The whole games as a service or whatever it is isn't really working for me. Feels strangely foisted upon me. The base experience in bf5 is fun, but I feel like there's a lot of bloat and unnecessary poo poo. I know I don't have to participate in it or anything, but it's there and I feel unecessarily forced to participate when I do play.