Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

EA Access lets you play the game a week early for 10 hours, if it's good you can preorder all the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It looks great, prepare to be tank sniped.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

George

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

FastestGunAlive posted:

Well the new main menu screen seems alright at least and the music is cool

Use the server browser we're out here dumpin'

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Is this your first Battlefield or something?

:dice:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I normally prefer Rush but on this map it's way more fun to stay in the town and play Conquest.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Once I unlocked the AT missile we started popping tanks. Also if you stay in the city area in conquest grenades, dynamite and at mines are effective.

I think Sinai is just an awful rush map.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

EA Access for $5 this month lets you play on the 13th and take 10% off.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You buy it on Xbox live, unless that's the button you're talking about.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's in the Xbox store I think.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Either there or through the EA Access app.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

:dice:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

"Hey Loson-"

"-ti."

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

He may have ordered the deluxe early guy edition?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

quote:

They split the player base like crazy and everyone ditches the maps after two weeks anyways.

That's why I don't bother with DLC anymore. It's hard enough to get a big group going and adding DLC makes it even worse.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

wish they would do something to discourage snipers.

I don't know why "guy who doesn't join in the play but gets a super powerful weapon with a huge zoom scope" is a mandatory include in multiplayer games.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

Switch to the 372.90 drivers if you're using 373.06. 372.90 are better than the latest until they drop Game Ready drivers. I'm using 372.90 on a 1070 and my FPS jumped up around 20/30 on ultra versus 373.06 so you might get some benefit.

Wow things sound bleak on the PS4 side. Glad this doesn't happen on Xbox.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

RIP medic paddles, hello medic syringe

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

red19fire posted:

Am I crazy or is there no ammo to be found anywhere in the single player?

Single player?

quote:

Also, what happened to spotting? I can spot someone but they don't turn up on the mini map. But they do if they're spotted by the flare gun. but not on the screen.

I'd guess spotting will get un-nerfed in a big way soon.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The app is hosed up. Don't use it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

I do love that when people play fort in there there's always one guy that just HAS to peek outside and let the horde in

The dynamite barely fits through the window slit, but it fits.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

I feel like right now 75% of people (pubbies) don't survive long enough to need it. Maybe that will change in a month when people have more situational awareness about the maps.

I'm not going to stop slaughtering pubbies in a month. Right now is probably when pubbies survive the longest in a BF game.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Snipers are just lovely. "Ah I should have known better than to walk into this spot where I got shot by someone who can see farther than me and has a one hit kill gun."

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Don't stand in the open. Avoid the points. When you die to a guy your system doesn't even render it's because it's good and fun and if you don't like it you're bad at video games.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think that's intentional so that Assault has some chance of blowing you up.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The assault guns aren't great and the assault vehicle explosives aren't effective enough to bother being one all the time.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

I've been trying the model 10 slug... Man I want to love it but 93 damage. 93. And you almost never get a chance to take a second shot. Meanwhile you get one-shotted from across the map by any number of rifles.

Hit them with it and then a pistol?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's tough. I switched to slugs and carefully executed snipers for the medal.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Also give us more jeeps. Just basic technical style vehicles.

Riding as a passenger in the sidecar you can't switch to third person view. On Monte Grappa that's a one way trip to vomit city. It's hilariously bad.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

64 player operations is gonna take like two hours.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The first thing to do is dynamite the doors so that they disappear.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's why 64p is good. It's nice to not be able to steamroll a whole team just because we have one competent squad.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thrust fault posted:

I just started playing this, why does no one ever use the mic?

We're all in a party chat normally. When I play alone I make a party just for me so I don't accidentally hear iTzBluntsmoka1488 talk.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Shoot the rider in the face.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

I've won two games in a row as the Americans on Argonne, only to be utterly dominated next map on Sinai. Possibly because there are no tanks or planes on Argonne and the other team is composed entirely of tank and plane lords who don't know what to do without their vehicles?

Or maybe all the people who lost quit, or the server rebalanced and good squads joined. poo poo happens.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Skater h8er posted:

well heres a tribute for our group last night of me killing that xbox guy who was killin yall with the martini alot http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23847874

Get online.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's the one.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yeah they're lovely. Soften dudes up and then rifle grenade 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The game doesn't seem to track slug headshots well. I can consistently take off skulls with the medic guns and I got the shotgun headshots by wandering around shooting snipers.