Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pleads posted:

Butter :btroll:

I don't even know what D is. Dust? Dusk?

Duff. As in get off yer Duff and cap the point, lad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Havent been able to connect to EA servers all day (PS4). Is this just load? Anyone else?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow the foggy version of this map is utter horse poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pleads posted:

It's a dust storm!!!

Swap your gear for close quarters and get to stabbing fools who are blinded.

I guess. It just looks like a bunch of white foggy bullshit. The storm yesterday looked like a storm. This (even in map view) looked like the whole area had low fog. (You could see mountain tips.)

It just sucked. Also really not liking how you spawn in on this map. The number of times I have spawned behind an enemy tank backing up and instantly killing me, etc...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

moist turtleneck posted:

:siren:I'm able to buy stuff on https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career/ right now so get your anti tank rocket for the assault class now:siren:

Maybe cuz I'm on my phone... But not seeing where I can buy anything?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

V for Vegans posted:

DICE seems to be blaming sony for the game not unlocking until 3 a.m. and claimed earlier it would unlock anyway at midnight but looks like that isn't true.

Peculiar. Sony's site as late as yesterday said 12am EST.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How is the PS4 version? I played the beta on PS4 and it seemed good. Is it still good? Is it good on other maps? Is it better?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Campaign is neat so far... but holy crap could this install multiplayer any slower? @ 46% and increasing 1% every 5+ minutes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Chemmy posted:

I don't know why "guy who doesn't join in the play but gets a super powerful weapon with a huge zoom scope" is a mandatory include in multiplayer games.

Probably at least partly due to the fact that some folks live and die by that class and if you removed it from "BIG TRIPLE A SHOOTER" you'd lose some nontrivial (?) amount of sales.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This game is awesome except I feel like opponents are hard to see and everything seems unnecessarily washed out. If everything else on my PS4 and monitor didn't look just fine I'd assume it was my monitor settings...

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like I look around, see no one, get shot right away and then realize someone was 10 feet away from me. Maybe it's just the map? I didn't get to play more than one...

That and spawning on a flag only to be instantly gunned down by someone right behind me. :/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Recommendations on where to spend my War Bonds? Whats good?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Judging by how often I don't see people and also how often I see other people have no idea where someone is right in front of them, I think something might need to be done about that...

[ed] Also is class rank really slow? Broken? Only achieved by doing class specific stuff?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 19, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
loving Airship ruining a good time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure I'm just being reactionary and butthurt but I loving hate the blimp in Operations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

V for Vegans posted:

It goes down wicked fast if everyone shoots the metal pods under it instead of just the blimp in general. Even a basic mounted machine gun can do some serious damage to it if you aim there, plus you can kill the gunners.

Ok I'll try that. I just hate getting mowed down out in the open by blanket fire.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
^^LOL

So, do I have to set a setting to NOT defend or be german all the time? Or is it just coincidence? Because holy poo poo...

[edit] In a similar vein, what's up with the "weather"? Does it change, ever? I feel like every map I play is just a washed out fog/smoke hellhole. Makes seeing a challenge.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 20, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So am I encountering a bug? I'm playing the campaign (CURSE YOU PSN! WHY ARE YOU DOWN?!) and it literally says HOLD R2 TO REPAIR THE TANK. (Black Bess)

R2 fires my loving gun into the tank... sooooo?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't know how but the quick tips they give you aren't mapped to the buttons they are supposed to be mapped to :dice:

Oh and this issue was on the beta too

Actually R2 was correct. I just didn't have a wrench in my possession for some loving reason??

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man the Order of the Falcon mission stuff is kinda nuts. I'd stop if I wasn't basically half-done... but drat getting 3 vehicle destroys with the K Bullets is taking forever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What the gently caress is Cycle Zero Distance and why does pressing down on D pad not seem to do anything?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is it me, or does the game troll you with spawn points? I choose Scout, and I'm put into a tight quarters room with some enemies in it. I choose Assault with a Shotgun and I'm put in a perfect sniping perch.

One time I spawned (granted, probably on a squad member) and I literally was bayonetted within less than a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBksWKEhiY

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

RCarr posted:

It would be MUCH worse if the game didn't let you spawn on squad members. It would just result in you spawning miles away from the action. It sucks the couple times a game you spawn and die instantly, but you always have the choice to spawn somewhere that's guaranteed to be safe if you want.

Oh I wasn't really complaining about it. I just found it hilarious.