Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Jack of Hearts posted:

I really enjoyed this D&D thread, about how Stalin did literally nothing wrong. Grover Furr is my favorite tankie moonbat.

See also:

Did the Soviet Union Invade Poland in September 1939? NO!
(The answer: No, it did not.)

lmao this clod is a professor of Medieval English lit at my college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

this is insanely creepy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Baronjutter posted:

Zizek is pretty amazing at being hated by the worst people on all sides. The right and fascists hate him because he's a marxist, old school leninists and stalinists and trots hate him because he thinks that entire branch or interpretation of marxism was totally unworkable and horrible and there's no excuses for what the soviet union did. He also sometimes criticizes middle eastern politics and islamic extremism which means he's a horrible anti-muslim racist working for the jews, but he also criticizes Israel which means he's a horrible racist antisemite. Skeleton Warriors hate him and think he's a crypto-alt-right because he doesn't think your use of pronouns is the end all and be all of how progressive you are, class and economic issues are also important, and that capitalism has grabbed hold of a few nice safe identity-politic issues to wrap them selves in and deflect accusations of being horribly evil.

wait so you think zizek is... good?

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

slavoj zizk is fuckin stupid as hell and you don't gotta be a tankie to think so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

teen witch posted:

Ironically, the person who said the thing screencapped is not American. An delusional idiot, but not American.

shhh, just let them shove a broomstick up their asses in peace

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

just be glad nobody is talking about whether or not a character in Fallout 4 is white or we'd get the full Decietful Penguin experience

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

if there's anything that'll get an internet forum thread pumping its arguing about numbers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

it's honestly kind of shocking that homex didn't find this thread sooner

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

take your meds, effectronica

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

i feel like i hit the outer ring of the bullseye

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Is that like the wandering Jew?

Also, penguin, you're coming off as really pedantic about the "RF" part while ignoring the "TE" part here - which is, you know, the part of TERF that people were applying to the anti-trans tankie upthread - and it's really making you look like an rear end in a top hat.

gee its almost like they've been probated for having this exact same argument before

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

what does that make Estonia

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

no no guys, its fine, I'LL be the one who can climb out of the honeypot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

how are you people this goddamn stupid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Alaois posted:

how are you people this goddamn stupid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

whats up with this thread and people telling on themselves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Paladinus posted:

Oh no, tankies suddenly start to make sense, oh no, send help.

ha ha ha 33 people are dead ha ha good jokes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

i don't think Shitman is a cromulent Lithuanian surname

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

i feel like moviebob can't really qualify for a tankie because he doesn't really espouse any leftist politics, he just thinks people who score below 130 on the IQ test should be exterminated in camps and that will lead to the transhumanist utopia

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

creamed is literally a gimmick poster, pharoahman is actually just that stupid

vv: see?

Alaois has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Aug 27, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Palestinian flags flying from Republican homes in Belfast? you know it's the CIA baybeeeeee

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

china has not been involved in a defensive conflict since 1974. the most recent conflict their military has been involved with anywhere near their borders ended in 1991 (not counting the Third Taiwan Strait Crisis, a "conflict" that had zero battles and zero casualties on either side), and China was the aggressor against Vietnam in that one rather than vice-versa.

while you can argue that this is because they are so massively militarized, the tiger-repelling rock joke comes to mind.

can i just appreciate that this came immediately after 3 emptyquote posts saying not to do this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

oh cool now nurge is here too lmao

starting to get itchy when there aren't enough QCS threads to cry in?

Alaois has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Oct 13, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

goons tend to understand what i'm saying slightly better when i frame it in pop culture references, because i'm not an academic and when i try to frame stuff in smart-people academic terms i usually gently caress up, and it was the first thing that popped into my head for "people who are Generally Good but also just sit there with their thumbs up their asses doing literally nothing"

no it really just makes you look like a monumental dummy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Paladinus posted:

One of the versions of etymology of the word Ukraine is that it comes from the word okraina, meaning outskirts (of Rus). And it might be true, but it has literally no bearing on how nations and languages form, evolve, and diverge throughout literal centuries. It's like saying the Netherlands is a fake country, and the Dutch language is just gimped German.

i see you've never been in the D&D map thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I got called a tankie in Games today and I don't know how to process it. Hail Stalin, Kim Jong Un, and the inevitable triumph of the democratic Juche ideology against the imperialist powers I guess.

things is wildin out there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

this is worse than balkan youtube comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D U S T M A N

Pastry of the Year posted:

I appreciate you knocking it off and apologizing, but if you post in this thread again, it'll be a ban + 30.

weird how this didn't work and actually never works