Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

One of the few pros of being Facebook friends with tankies is tankie infighting is this hilarious overblown nerd slapfest.

The cons are the massive amounts of off the wall apologia. I'd kill to never see another TeleSUR article in my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Someone tried to add me on Facebook with the About info mentioning being a Holodomor denialist so I figured I'd hunt down this thread again.

Have we discussed Maoist Rebel News yet?

His youtube channel is a bit...intense ( because there appears to be videos about krokodil for whatever purpose)

Interested in more wild rear end beliefs? Check out the Stalin Society of North America and Espresso Stalinist.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Sep 21, 2016

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

I sometimes wonder how these guys process people defecting from North Korea and exposing various unpalatable facets of its regime.

But then I remember, those defectors are all paid-up pro-western imperialist neoliberal (and possibly Jewish Zionist) shills and running dogs and it only counts when Edward Snowden does it because criticising North Korea is "punching down".

Anyone who dares to sully the name of DPRK are liberals, neocolonialist, imperialist orientalist, racist, and so on, and so forth.

The defectors stories "can't be trusted," "obviously biased," "western plants" and "NK doesn't have to justify itself to Western imperialism."

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

it never happened, but if it did they deserved it.

I've seen this unironically and it is horrifying.

Would recommend bringing up Stalin's relationship with Jewish people and see how well that goes over.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The best part is when she made her bizarre unhinged parody of Vice Columnist Sam Kriss talk to her bizarre unhinged parody of Vice Columnist Molly Crabapple

https://twitter.com/Sam_Krass/status/755399493068156928

I feel like I just had a stroke reading that.

One of my friends just shared this gem from Vladimir Putin European Support's Facebook page. Also liked by this page? Josip Bronz Tito.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Today I learned how loving bonkers the left can be sometimes. They'd shoot their right hand before straying from ideologically pure science of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tankies losing their poo poo and being really weirdly ableist is oddly common.

Whenever one of my leftbook friends has a weird meltdown, 9/10 times itís a tankie, and any resulting drama is wild.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

As someone who idiotically participates with leftbook oriented comment threads, I've grown numb to this kind of...thinking. Some of the emotions and feelings behind a lot of these beliefs is a weird victim mentality mixed in with a TON of unchecked rage.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

your friend a dog posted:

literally no one would say that you loving weirdo

Oh you sweet summer child, we are not dealing with people of sound logic.

See, Stalin was actually a person of color and therefore actually oppressed because

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Brown as the Georgian earth

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I loving called it, and people said nobody in America would ever call Stalin a POC / brown person.

Ironically, the person who said the thing screencapped is not American. An delusional idiot, but not American.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MizPiz posted:

It's gonna rule when this guy becomes the new Chairman Bob

https://twitter.com/PhilGreaves01/s...er%3D30%23pti25

How do I change my username to an entire tweet

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Most of the actual peasantry were in a similar situation to African-Americans after the Slave War, where while they were officially free of their serfdom/slavery, their material circumstances were bad enough that they couldn't really move or improve their lot in any real way.

Hi please read a fuckton more about the ďSlave WarĒ thanks

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Hi so whatís the deal with people who would be deemed tankie going to bat for Assad? Like even if he isnít killing his own people with explicitly sarin gas (this has been the only pervasive argument Iíve seen)..seems that a bunch of people wouldnít leave Syria if something horrible *wasnít* going on.

Iím an American living in Sweden with Syrian friends so some of the arguments Iíve seen from friends back home for why Assad is totally not a baddie are...slightly enraging.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

No worry, they aren't Communists either. But they are definitely tankies - who were there when the tanks actually rolled in, and still think it was cool and good.

Tankie but not communist...? Iím listening/loving baffled, any sources on that?

Furthermore and this might sound weird, but are there any sources on the mindset behind being a tankie/UL vs. any other leftist? I find that faction equally repulsive and fascinating.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/sustinaanford/s...474205605638149

Honestly the part I'm most baffled by here is "high brow"

What prompted this shart of a tweet?

Like there are far more ďhighbrowĒ or whatever directors to go after for poo poo but Steven ďET Phone HomeĒ Spielberg and fascism seems...a touch delusional.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/971477814775111681

The Coen brothers as fascists is even more perplexing though

What about Todd Solondz? Is there a listing of known directors and their fashy levels

Like Iím all for analyzing and interpreting media but rubber stamping fascism on directors for what really seems like crazy reasons is...odd.

(I do wish to see if they call Polanski a fascist though. A creep and a rapist definitely, thatís been solidified)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I wish this entire thing could be my new avatar.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dillon2 posted:

I wonder how many of these guys got beat up a lot as a kid and now aggressively seek a strict delegation+control of power and roles (just like Stalin and Hitler)

Speaking with other friends who have dealt with tankies before and itís been brought up often that these were the kids that were bullied and learned all the wrong lessons from it.

That plus genuine belief I think is what fuels them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

A Mexican at death? Not even regular degular Mexican. Just at death.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

My friend found a delightful little public post

The entire thread is...odd to say the least.

teen witch has a new favorite as of 11:08 on May 7, 2018

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This could be almost any thread in C-SPAM.

I feel like CSPAM has a slightly better grip on their concerning mass murder fetish.

SLIGHTLY better.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TinTower posted:

Allies of the pro-choice movement, the Catholic Church.

I know these words, I am reading these words, and yet, Iím...what. How?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

thanks for you input king of feminism: I'm sure the feminists that have been active for longer than you've been alive will be glad to hear they aren't ~real feminists~
It still means exactly that, the same arguments they used back in the 80s and 90s continue today in updated formats

Not that most people calling people radical feminism even know what the gently caress the term means, while those slinging ~terf~ around are mostly huge loving morons (see above)

Spare us the time and say you hate trans women

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

[extremely progressively] the Nordics are still the greatest place for women* to live

American woman (of color even! Such bonafidies!) living in Sweden and I still want to throw hands when anyone, American or otherwise, gloats about how much better it is in the Nordics. Different isnít always better.

Additionally, Nordic radical feminism has a publishing house worth of issues - what a surprise.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

As would I.

Itís a weird thing that sort of ties in with being not-white in Scandinavia. Complete and utter naÔvetť when it comes to the intersection of gender and race and while some of it is genuinely out of sheer ignorance, some of it is willful. The ratio is more gentler than American white feminism though, a lot of that is complete selfishness.

Iíve thought about making an A/T about being a person of color in Sweden (itís really weird!) but itíll end up troll fodder.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I'd be interested in a thread like that! Or just post about it here, I guess. This thread's mostly devolved into mud-slinging anyway.

Iím off tomorrow so maybe Iíll mull it over - I just donít know what people find interesting?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Queer woman of color and a gross @ (am I qualified enough now??) here who has been affected by gun violence and honestly? Iím hugely skeptical of the left wanting to take up arms. While a violent revolution is pretty much de facto for a typical revolution, the lack of ďhow do we care for people after such violenceĒ is a tremendous turn off. We focus so much on hanging the ruling class but there is little care on how violence can gently caress up the people we so very try to uplift and liberate.

Iíll give a poo poo about an armed insurrection when we realize that people can be real hosed up afterwards from it. Until then, John Brown Gun Club or whatever can practice target shooting but keep me far the gently caress away.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Infernot posted:

Of course that's if they fully admit something happened. A popular tactic is to deny that something happened, or if it did happen it wasn't nearly as bad as reported, and finally if it did happen then it happened for a "great" reason. Not only that, but a lot of them get this weird reading of Lenin's "Imperialism" where they form like a good vs evil dichotomy so they put their countries like the former USSR and Cuba in the good camp and America in the evil camp. They get pigeonholed into stuff like defending the Soviets interfering in Afghanistan and totally not doing imperialism.

Itís basically the narcissists prayer of thinking

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Aschlafly posted:

Never forget how free and democratic the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea is

I mean it says so in the name cmon comrade.

God while I get the ďcalling each other comradeĒ thing it doesnít make it less insufferably corny.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Poor oppressed tankies, thought of anarchists and died

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Even before the 2016 elections, poo poo about RT was known, and now TeleSur pulls the same crap. The latterís American Facebook page was deactivated for whatever reason and I still havenít heard the end of the ďCIA FBI FB HAND IN HANDĒ spiel.

I can handle liberals assuming Russia is behind everything because theyíre (mostly) willing to listen and learn and understand the finer nuances of the situations. The far left in its infinite wisdom, has galaxy brained themselves into parroting some of the dumbest, blatant attempts to spread RTís brand of toxic poo poo because, you loving liberal, America bad.

Being someone who has a degree in Media and Comm and being so far left youíre up Kropotkinís rear end in a top hat, RT is one of the biggest glaring examples of why Media Literacy should be mandatory in grade school.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MizPiz posted:

That 1/3 is immeasurable when compared to how American propaganda aligns with my ideology. What you and every other liberal are incapable of understanding is that the motivation behind RT airing leftist positions doesn't matter because they're practically the only ones one cable airing them. The fact an issue is so bad that some third-rate power can exploit it should be more concerning than said third-rate power amateurishly trying to exploit internal divisions. Not to mention "it's Russian influence" is the most tired response to any American leftist and it's exclusively coming from the people who are the most immediately threatened by a left resurgence in America; all this taken together just tells me that people who complain about someone quoting a RT article are the greater threat.

Itís disingenuous of RT to air the issues as if they legitimately are concerned about them when they kinda arenít. Like they arenít Sputnik horrendous with it but alongside Fox News, itís not just what theyíre airing. Itís the why, itís how itís framed, itís how itís being presented to the audience and who that audience is: Thatís the concern. Is there an honest attempt at journalism, or are there other forces at work?

Like, Cool Iím thrilled that some random channel is airing a lot of stories and issues that pertain to me and my beliefs, doing the job NPR (and a trillion other vaguely ďliberalĒ outlets) should have done a loooong time ago. But if itís out of bad faith and to merely throw gasoline on out of control fires in the US, gently caress that. I donít need And You Are Lynching Negroes 2k18: BLM DLC. I want actual journalism illuminating events and issues as they are, I want to be genuinely informed, not have my views fellated. And I certainly donít want issues that directly affect me to be used to stick it to whoever. We deserve better than third rate garbage from RT or even MSNBC in whatever bastard form it is now.

You know how if Fox News posts something and you know from jump street itís being skewed and clearly distorted to serve a narrative? I donít want that for the left. I donít want someone who doesnít know about issue X to seems article posted by RT and dismiss issue X as RT posts garbage and therefore shouldnít be trusted.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Americans have a big blind spot to how capitalist media is also perfectly capable of being propaganda. How else to describe Fox News?

Hell, advertising is literally propaganda.

Sorry for double post but hello phone posting hell.

Thatís also incredibly true - we donít know how to read the news. We donít know how to decipher beyond whatís being told from a news outlet: we see ďnewsĒ, take it as fact and thoroughly investigated, consume, and move on. We treat news like a tangible product, not a thing affecting us and those around us. Hell we even have preferred ďbrandsĒ of news.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The fact that itís made in PowerPoint is probably the worst. Iím excepting a star wipe between the two posts.

E: redacted the Chiller font is the worst part

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

developments in the Stalinist Slideshow (sorry for lovely screen cap)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lysenk-who? Never heard of him!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I refused to believe Red Guards were serious until friends in Austin told me some really off the wall stories. Theyíre loving abhorrent and do more harm than good.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

On top of everything above, they're a cop front.

Source? Iím not shocked but I feel like ruining someoneís day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

I see a lot of people on social media arguing a mixture of Chinese concentration camps being good but also that they don't exist.

Same here. What bothers me is that it is bold as gold blatant xenophobia, and another song on the ďNow thatís what I call tankie denialism! Vol 6Ē mixtape. If the US did this, which for the most part literally has and is still doing, there would be rightful calls for heads.

«3 »