Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

ConstantDelays posted:

;-*"I am a free citizen. Free citizens have all of the rights of the US citizens but don't have to follow any of the laws"
:clint: "Well, that would just be anarchy if that were the case"

Never have I heard such a succinct summary and rebuttal of SovCit bullshit.

Sure, we're all living in a state of anarchy ruled by pretenders without a mandate. As it turns out, any competent jurist doesn't find this fact very interesting or clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Quote-Unquote posted:

I am not subject to any of your laws! However, you are, so it is illegal for you to punch me in the face because reasons.

The reality of this situation is more like this:

The executioner is subject to U.S. laws, so therefore it is legal for him to lower the guillotine. The executed, not being subject to U.S. laws, may attempt to escape.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

y troll posted:

if u want to bull u gotta accept the risks

I thought "bull" was from the other fetish.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

steinrokkan posted:

But the "executed" is in fact a citizen subject to laws, and the "executioner" must treat him properly when he issues him a parking ticket. It's not like a cop would get a pat on the back for shooting self-declared sovereign citizens.

You are right, the execution itself is the act of subjecting the citizen to the law. It is the power of enforcement itself that legitimates the government, if anything does.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Cool_tony posted:

Guys turns out a flag with gold fringe has no nation

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/flag.htm

>President, Dwight David Eisenhower, by Executive Order No.10834, signed on August 21, 1959 and printed in the Federal Register at 24 F.R. 6865, pursuant to law, stated that: "A military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a yellow fringe border on three sides."

You can literally look this up. It's not in there.

• Locked thread