Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
On my way to work in this pouring rear end rain and get a text from my supervisor "okay we are shutting down the agency today but you still have to answer your work phone"

HELL YES drove back home now I think I'm gonna shut off my work phone and play bideojames while it pours rain all day for the next 3 days straight and maybe gets real windy and floods or something but who cares my house is on high ground or what passes for high ground in Florida anyways lol

This is probably gonna be one of the best days EVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

motherfucker this is a tropical depression

ITS EXPECTED TO BE A TROPICAL STORM LIKE BY 1 PM OKAY WORKS CANCELLED gently caress YOU LOL

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

I hope no pythons crawl into your house to escape the rising flood, OP

sitting in my garage right now with the door open watching the rain while lazily cleaning my .44 magnum im kinda hoping the opposite to be honest

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Last "real" hurricane I was in the roof blew off while I was drunk as poo poo on rum inside, had to crawl to my truck on all fours (the wind would knock you over if you tried to stand) and drive to my buddies house to spend the night in his closet

I had to push the gas almost to full throttle to actually move against the wind lol what a time to be alive

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love my dead gay state

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

Man I am so jelly. I am dying for a garage to drink beer and watch rain from. Maybe smoke a cigar and listen to some talk radio. That would be so cool.

I have a nice cigar all cut and ready, think I'll initiate hurricane protocols around noon and crack a beer and light up the cigar while listening to the SUPER SERIOUS SOUNDING NOAA MAN on the radio

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress hurricanes own days like today are the best :cool:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Update: a bunch of power trucks drove by. Still have power here though! Sippin' on a brew and watching the rain go by. poo poo man I could do this all day (i am in fact doing this all day)

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
thank you friend

my county is notorious for the school district refusing to close even when it really really should and they closed for tomorrow, looks like ol' ABS is getting another day off after all whose gonna watch angry chick suicide tomorrow :hellyeah:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
nah that was the esteemed state of Louisiana, here in Florida public infrastructure is specifically built to withstand hurricanes and also we don't have major cities below sea level like some sort of Dutch retards so best case anything less than a "real" (ie category 3+ hurricane direct shot) is basically = to a snow day up north

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The rain is getting much more intense :ohdear:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

how does rain work OP it makes no sense imho

here is a handy guide for you

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/atmospheric/weather6.htm

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

chappey posted:

the gently caress is a klystron? sounds like some bootleg poo poo you get off aliexpress

Here's a handy primer!!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/about-klystron-9.html

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
all rules related to appropriateness in drinking are suspended during serious storms in FL, it's great

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man its been raining balls all day and will all night and all day tomorrow drat!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I moved to Florida in the fall of 2004. That fall and the next fall were enough to almost convince people that climate change was real.

Then, go one year without the looming threat of nature's indignant fury and everyone be like pfffft

OP What Agency do you work at that you got the day off? I'm East of you in Gainesville; I don't expect any such consideration for my life and property by my cruel corporate masters.

And I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow at 3:30...that's gonna be tight yo

Child protective services lol

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Hawaii this thread is about a state that matters lol I mean I guess I hope Hawaii doesn't get rear end hosed or whatever

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
HURRICANE DAY 2: THE HURRICANING

I get two separate automated calls telling me work is closed due to the severe weather.

It's kinda cloudy I guess? Took my daughter to her daycare down the road. It will probably suddenly get dark and start raining balls in a little while maybe? In the meantime I'm gonna do nothing.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I hate that BITCH Hermioonea!!~ :mad:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Don't make me go jastiger on your rear end lady I'll have you know as the nation's 3rd largest economy :words:

finally it started raining, this hurricane kind of sucks

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fallows posted:

the power just went out here in tampa while in the middle of a ranked league of legends game

i didnt buy water either

Where you at? we still have power here

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yeah rip

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lol tornadoes confirmed in pinellas park, pinellas is basically entirely under water at this point

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Dear God, please destroy Florida and all who live in it.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
DISCTRICT AGENCY SHUT DOWN TOMORROW FRIDAY DUE TO HURICANES N poo poo :woop:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Motherfuckin' 6 day weekend :laffo:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hermiones blowing winds tenderly caressing my balls all night tonight

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
oh gently caress man things are getting real here, raining like a goddamn ocean outsiude, huge winds and the power keeps flickering GBS please pray for me i dont wanna die

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress poo poo rear end balls

my chickens are running around like theyre having a fuckin field day at the water park and im trying to secure poo poo its raining sideways gently caress

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's pitch black there's no power my phones @ 36% glD I charged a backup... The winds getting nuts and it's raining sideways Lol shits going South fast for ol' abs but rest assured I'll be shitposting about it real-time till I die

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you God and Obama Florida lasted this long despite your attempts to destroy us we'll make it through this too hating you both even more

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OK probably good to ride out the night doesn't appear to be any major leaks in the home and poo poo is t appropriately reinforced now to just mutter slurs to various rain gods until this passes

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lol that goddamn X masking tape I swear to god has to have been a joke a native told a snowbird was a good way to prevent windows from shattering or something

welp im still alive and now its a 6 day weekend :cool:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I've successfully gotten gbs to sperg out over relative differences in storm surge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey FYI the storms over sorry guys but hey some of us got a week long vacation out of it and some rad rain

Also I've been drinking beer since like 10 so here comes your storm surge *unzips pants*

• Locked thread