Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mario All The Sports has every sport and I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Picross 3D 2 Picross 3D 2 Picross 3D 2

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man Woolly World had such good music it makes sense in retrospect why New Island's was so bad. Like they had to sacrifice the music for that game to some genie in order to make Woolly World's so much better.

Especially this track. It's like :unsmith: in song form.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man Woolly World had such good music it makes sense in retrospect why New Island's was so bad. Like they had to sacrifice the music for that game to some genie in order to make Woolly World's so much better.

Especially this track. It's like :unsmith: in song form.

The music just fits the character of the game so well; I love it. Found myself just sitting at the intro screen before actually playing sometimes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB6qc0uDASQ

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Picross 3D 2 Picross 3D 2 Picross 3D 2

gently caress yes

if there's anything the september games lineup shows us, it's that the 3ds is the best console available

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I got all excited about that fat chocobo, then I realized ff14 is one of the MMO ones.

That's okay, World of Final Fantasy, named that because it's not an MMO :psyduck:, will get me my fix of cute companion animals.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I spent 20 minutes seeing if sneak not working was a known bug for New Vegas. Then i realized it was my lovely old xbox controller i was using :downs:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
still playing Gran Turismo 5

my old PS3 controller's left stick clicks in really easy which honks the horn of whatever car you're driving

so if I get too into it and turn really hard (even though it doesn't actually make the car turn harder I'm just into it man) the car's horn honks just like a crappy car in real life

accidental realism

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nasgate posted:

I spent 20 minutes seeing if sneak not working was a known bug for New Vegas. Then i realized it was my lovely old xbox controller i was using :downs:

Also turn off your pip-boy light

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anyone got any tips for Dragon's Doggo? I'm playing a strider, if that matters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Goblin's hate fire, Arisen.

Wolves hunt in packs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a strider's strength comes through proper utilization of the stride. too early, and you won't be close enough, stride too late, and you leave yourself open. you really have to find your own rhythm

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It’s Dangerous To Go Alone – A Relationship Survival Handbook, from Dr. Nerdlove Dating Strategy Guides

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

quote:

Dating is a two-player game, and if you want it to last, you need to know how to play together. Don’t let love be the hardest difficulty setting.

*takes notes*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i always play on the hardest difficulty, and also iron man

e: except fire emblem where i do classic but on normal or something

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theyve gone Too far

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/771127504698380288

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sonic Adventure 2 is an extremely mediocre game that feels like the best thing in the world after the first one.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Everyone needs to start boycotting YouTube now imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pay attention to enemy elemental weaknesses and make sure you have at least one mage with access to the elemental enchantment you need, because it will massively raise your party's damage.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Save literally every 5 seconds because its so easy to go the wrong way and get murdered by some high level monster and lose hours of progress.

Also HAARPY!!!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

Goblin's hate fire, Arisen.

Wolves hunt in packs.

What a large tree.

Zaphod42 posted:

Save literally every 5 seconds because its so easy to go the wrong way and get murdered by some high level monster and lose hours of progress.

Also HAARPY!!!!

But mostly this.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Strength in numbers Arisen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Also HAARPY!!!!
There are only two places where I honestly think that's a risk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Everyone needs to start boycotting YouTube now imo

They already are, since the internet's decided to interpret the new dumb policy as "everything ever is banned".

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where are those people watching videos

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I extremely dislike Sonic Adventure 2 but people should be able to reasonably talk about why they like or dislike it. Taking monetization away from that video seems like an extremely petty thing. I hope their video will eventually not be flagged. :(

Man, really though, I'm afraid this new ruling is gonna be the death of most Youtube Channels now. A lot of my favorite videos or channels are ones where people get extremely passionate about subjects for various reasons, and it's like this new set of rules actively punishes people for enthusiastically talking about subjects. The more I see and hear, the worse it gets.

(and no, the irony of the SA2 takedown isn't lost on me, although I am still admittedly dense)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

They already are, since the internet's decided to interpret the new dumb policy as "everything ever is banned".

Personally I don't like it because of their hypocrisy; instead of taking down videos that break the rules of the policy, google takes away the user's monetization on the video and then monetizes it themselves. It's messed up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Personally I don't like it because of their hypocrisy; instead of taking down videos that break the rules of the policy, google takes away the user's monetization on the video and then monetizes it themselves. It's messed up.

I think the biggest problem right now is how incredibly vague the new guidelines are. When you're talking about potentially taking away someone's livelihood, you don't get to be like "I'll know it when I see it". You need to show people exactly where the line is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Youtube has always been trash for content creators (see all their copyright detection issues and the complete lack of appeals process with regard to Google taking away payments without warning), I hope we see a mass migration but it's not like anywhere else has been better about it so far. We'll see I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's imo the only thing that allows them to get away with treating their users like crap. There is nothing better than Youtube as far as video streaming sites go and there isn't going to be for a very long time because nobody has the kind of money Google has, the kind of money it takes to create a website like Youtube (or rather, purchase a site like youtube) and make it ubiquitous throughout the internet like they have. The "where else are you going to go? :)" threat is constantly dangling over the heads of people who use Youtube to make a living and it sucks super hard for them.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 1, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't be crude and rude

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/771361943667957760

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else having problems launching Tyto Ecology?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Youtube has always been trash for content creators (see all their copyright detection issues and the complete lack of appeals process with regard to Google taking away payments without warning), I hope we see a mass migration but it's not like anywhere else has been better about it so far. We'll see I guess.

Its not just youtube, its the government. Our whole society respects big name companies and basically gives little care or rights to small individuals or small businesses.

If you don't have your own lawyers on retainer, gently caress you.

DMCA is a very "shoot first, ask questions later" type of legislation.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pay attention to enemy elemental weaknesses and make sure you have at least one mage with access to the elemental enchantment you need, because it will massively raise your party's damage.

Yeah, I really need to swap the pawn mage I hired for one that actually does enchants.

oddium posted:

a strider's strength comes through proper utilization of the stride. too early, and you won't be close enough, stride too late, and you leave yourself open. you really have to find your own rhythm

Can't tell if this is advice or not.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
In my experience its easy to find good strider and warrior lawns but its a needle in a haystack to find a good enchanting mage.
So i usually just make my main pawn a mage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, I really need to swap the pawn mage I hired for one that actually does enchants.
Mages are for utility, not damage. Make sure they can heal and give you Holy and Fire enchanting (depending on what you're fighting). Ice and Lightning are also useful, especially postgame, but holy and fire are quite common weaknesses most of the game. Dark is situational. Strider and Ranger and Assassin can all do INSANE amounts of damage once enchanted, although Mystic Archer gets elemental bow skills (which is both good and bad).

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mages are for utility, not damage. Make sure they can heal and give you Holy and Fire enchanting (depending on what you're fighting). Ice and Lightning are also useful, especially postgame, but holy and fire are quite common weaknesses most of the game. Dark is situational. Strider and Ranger and Assassin can all do INSANE amounts of damage once enchanted, although Mystic Archer gets elemental bow skills (which is both good and bad).

I need to get back in to Dragon's Dogma and do this, is there a specific build of gear/items to try go for or just level the Mage vocation on the pawn and just roll with it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not just youtube, its the government. Our whole society respects big name companies and basically gives little care or rights to small individuals or small businesses.

If you don't have your own lawyers on retainer, gently caress you.

DMCA is a very "shoot first, ask questions later" type of legislation.

Seize the means of content creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can I change my pawn's class? If not, how do I make sure I get a pawn with enchants off the internet?

• Locked thread