Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man Woolly World had such good music it makes sense in retrospect why New Island's was so bad. Like they had to sacrifice the music for that game to some genie in order to make Woolly World's so much better.

Especially this track. It's like :unsmith: in song form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

DS Tetris has infinite rotation which ruins Tetris

It's not like any normal person could ever beat a score like Wozniak's anyway.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Now you know how they're going to make bank off of Space Jam 2. Threaten to DMCA the original website if enough money isn't made from the sequel.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
FirstAidKite mentioned it in the Steam thread already so I guess I'll just link to that and simply say that a very special game finally came out for the PC today.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

Ridiculous Grifting with Waluigi.

The true reason all those Waluigi fan games had to die.

Only one true Waluigi game can exist. All others are false idols, abominations in the eyes of Wah. The eyes of Yawah.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Okay seriously though what are the chances we see Knack 2 get announced today?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Also in non-Apple, Nintendo or Sony news if we pool all of our money together we can probably pick up an Interplay franchise or two:

quote:

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading video game software developer, publisher, and licensor, Interplay Entertainment Corp., today announced a process to sell its library of video game assets and intellectual property. The expected sale represents some 70 titles and dozens of characters.

"Interplay has entertained millions of players with its well-recognized games, including Earthworm Jim, Freespace, Giants, Kingpin, Messiah, MDK, Run Like Hell, Sacrifice, Battlechess, Clayfighter, Dark Alliance, and Descent. As game creators, we are proud of the entertainment these properties have provided over the years. With the proliferation of mobile, augmented reality, virtual reality and other new forms of consumption, we believe that consumers are ready to experience and interact with Interplay's characters, stories and game play in ways never possible before. We look forward to seeing how this unique portfolio of interactive entertainment icons will evolve for the worldwide audience," states Eric Caen, President of Interplay.

For more information about Interplay's sale of intellectual property, please contact Joe Morgan at Wedbush Securities (joe.morgan@wedbush.com), who has been engaged by the company to assist in this process.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder how much Earthworm Jim goes for these days. I'd buy that fucker if I could afford it.

Someone with enough capital needs to start rounding up these third-party platforming characters and make a Smash Bros.-like fighter out of them. Invite Gex, Bubsy, Vexx...

Jim will play like both versions of Samus at once.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I understand a creator using parody as a defense for something riffing on an already existing IP but when it's actual people it starts getting just a biiiiiiit uncomfortable, which is how I feel when I see this Kickstarter project.

Edit:

quote:

This is a parody, so technically there's no copyright infrigement. We're not using anybody's image, or even name.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 7, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Unfortunately an rear end in a top hat djinn read that post and decided to grant Tim's wish.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

In the end aren't we the VR world and Hatsune Miku the real one?

One day we'll have the technology where pervs trying to catch a glance at someone in real life will cause them to have their vision be replaced with a "CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" notice.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess Mario is still the video game golf overlord

Sonic could be the overlord of video game golf if he asserted himself.

He just doesn't want to. Also because unlike racing and tennis he probably literally can't stay still long enough to play golf well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

If you just give us a little bit more money, we can maybe release this game in 2018, but of course we'll end up holding it hostage even longer because that worked really well for Mighty Number 9 and Star Citizen.

Are there still some people out there willing to die for Star Citizen? By the final year I don't think anybody was anywhere near that devoted to MN9 but some of the Star Citizen fandom man...

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

7 Day Survivor requires at least 14 consecutive hours of dead rising, probably more if you fail, and if you succeed most of that is standing behind a counter remembering to eat every few minutes

and i'm going to get it again 😎

Also don't go into the Food Court during the fourth (?) day or the game will try to load a boss that doesn't function within the geometry of the area or something and the game will poo poo itself.

I got 7 Day Survivor over ten years ago, never again. I don't think I've got the chops for it anymore.

Have they said if they're letting you save during Infinity Mode in this version?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

Inafune is a genius

People tweeting at him that maybe it's a problem the day 1 patch will alleviate, he says he already downloaded the 6 gig day 1 patch.

If you can't trust a day 1 patch these days what can you trust?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This is it.

You did it titty goomba, you left me without any sort of retort. I am without response.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Hopefully that means we'll start seeing loading screen minigames in 2017/18. I know there was a similar problem with Nintendo's D-pad patent. The patent lifted prior to the release of the Xbox 360 however by that point in time the controller had already been finalized, hence why we didn't get a good d-pad till the redesign/Xbox One controller.

But games today load so fast you don't even need to make microgames for them anymore.

Sometimes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Broseph Brostar posted:

http://www.nerdypost.com

These guys make Lootcrate look like even more of a valuable investment

You're paying money to not get Funko Pops. You're paying for that privilege. It seems like it's only gotten worse over the past year. I've seen people, normal people who have an entire section of a wall in their house dedicated to storing the fuckers with no signs of it stopping.

Edit: Also in other news I guess Metzen is retiring from Blizzard, which seems strange.

Blizzard without Metzen sounds like it would be like Smash Bros. without Sakurai.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 13, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Mann posted:

I was thinking that maybe something was happening like with Sakaguchi after Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within bombed but the Warcraft movie actually made a shitton of money because it got released in China and they just can't get enough of lovely American CGI no matter the quality of the framework it's draped over.

You think he was all set to help with the sequel until he was told it had to be retooled entirely for the Chinese market since that's where the money will be flowing from?

Like the movie was supposed to be this worldwide event years in the making and...I think it actually had less of an impact in the West than loving Angry Birds Movie did.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

no, it's still otis calling back and saying "don't cut me off it's rude"

I'm glad all the jank and tricks are still intact for new players to experience.

I had actually forgotten a cheap trick the game pulled on you until someone was playing the port wrote something about it. They gave a gun to that one survivor who proceeded to blow his head off rendering his girlfriend unable to be saved even though he asks you for a gun in the first place.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
HAL Labs redid their company site it seems and put up this extremely...cute (?) section about how they make video games.

When you peruse the "Who's on the team" section though you begin to see that these men and women pretty much work as many hours as they can until around like, eight in the evening. Great Kirby games don't come easy I guess. It takes a village.

There's even a section on their company brand logo, that doggo with some eggs and an interview with Itoi who created it. But the interview was obviously not translated by the same people who usually did the old Iwata Asks interviews as there's one singular translation choice that sticks out which differentiates the two. I'll let you find out what it is.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Man, I forgot how quickly DR throws those convicts at you. I was trying to carry a survivor through the courtyard and got stuck in a loop of being perforated and dropping her, and being shot or run over when I tried to pick her up. My fault for not leaving her until I got the Maintenance Key, I guess. Also, gently caress that other photographer from the beginning. I spent way to long trying to satisfy his dumb standards. Next time I'll take his picture with a pistol

On a usual run if you're trying to do everything (or at least all possible survivors + the whole story) you'll usually have two (or three I think there's a hidden dude in the entrance plaza on the first day's evening) other survivors to look after in addition to the lady you're carrying as well having to rescue the survivor being chased by the convicts in the cut-scene if you're being efficient with your time management.

The game comes at you hard and fast.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

What's not to like about overwatch

Memes

Mei memes

Minmei memes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
NOA now taking applications for INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ENFORCEMENT COORDINATOR

quote:

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES

Maintains databases used to track, report and analyze data in support of Internet enforcement activities and the seizure of unauthorized products
Manages online monitoring vendors, analyzes and reports data to curtail the spread of Internet piracy and the sale of infringing products distributed online
Responds to law enforcement and customs authorities’ requests for product identification
Coordinates and tracks take-down notices and compliance checking
Works with internal departments and maintains information related to authentic and promotional products
Maintains high level knowledge of Nintendo’s product offerings
Collaborates with global team members and provides support in projects as assigned

I wonder if this is a new position in addition to their legal team or if the last person who had the job quit due to like, stress or something.

Like knowing you're crushing the dreams of well-meaning nerds eventually becomes too much and they don't even pay you in "Don't have to care I've got money."-style wages to numb the guilt away.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only time a thread about a new game is good is before the game is actually released.

Smash Bros. threads get better post-release I'd say. In general on the internet.

When it's only months, weeks, days before a title is out is when people start going off the rails and the hype turns dangerous. Hysteria reaches peak levels crazed fans start calling for the heads of the unworthy when they realize their favorite second-banana characters aren't playable.

Then the game comes out and after a few months everyone is pretty chill.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
When will Screw Attack bring the real Death Battle to the table, Kid Pix undo button versus Mario Paint undo dog?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Grapplejack posted:

Now i'll never get a new season of CTC... :negative:

It's not like we were ever going to get another episode like this one anyway. Not since Randy left Earth to fight angels in the great beyond.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

hard games rule. games where they are hard because it takes 20 mins to whittle an enemy down doing the same thing over and over are artificially hard.

Oh man I hope there's a trophy for beating Yiazmat in the FF: XII remaster.

That's the best thing about all these old games getting re-released. You're given the chance to do poo poo you said you'd never do again, again.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Don't forget that David Jaffe has claimed both Sweet Tooth and Kratos are parts of his inner-psyche and became characters of their own when developing those games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lurdiak posted:

I was really looking forward to a well-written, fun point and click adventure game starring the characters from the Jurassic Park movies.

Instead I got the worst thing ever made by a human.

But was it the worst Jurassic Park game ever made by a human?

Because we've had quite a few contenders since the first movie came out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

apparently nimble america is by r/The_Donald so Lucky Palmer is literally a white supremacist lol

Oh my.

Our new generation of video game gods are just as lovely as the old ones.

That's the real lesson, never put your faith into anybody real. Fictional people will never betray you at least.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
From a Kotaku expose on Star Citizen:

quote:

Once, a source says, Chris came to work after playing The Order: 1886. Impressed by the highly detailed art, he asked CIG’s character artists to match that standard. The team, my sources told me, saw this as impossible.

Roberts came back from seeing another in-development CryEngine game, Kingdom Come: Deliverance. He had been deeply impressed by the character inventory and outfits system, which involved multiple layers of clothing where each item has different properties, from its material to its weight and shape, that affect how it animates. Chris wanted it for Star Citizen.

“We spent four months having to prove ourselves right because that's the way it works with Chris Roberts. He will never believe you if you say you can't do something. You have to actually spend the time to make the entire thing and then show him when you push the button it doesn't work. That was a persistent issue. The team lost four months on that, a lot of manpower and hours, proving that, yes, in fact that doesn't work.”

There's fathoms more info in the link above but I just wanted to highlight that Roberts has "Broussard-itis" and eventually Zenimax will have to buy out and finish Star Citizen.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
All-Stars Racing Transformed still took out Billy Hatcher, the Virtua Fighter dudes and the Bonanza Bros. which, that last omission just went too far.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh wait is Minecon going on right now?

I hope the cringe levels that emanate from there are lower than they've been in the past few years.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sonic Adventure 2 was actually inspired by Armageddon, when Yuji Naka saw the movie in theaters, he imagined how much more awesome the threat would be if the asteroid was lodged inside the rear end of a gigantic creature.

And also that Bruce Willis was a black hedgehog that sacrifices himself.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I think dat Goomba just nutted.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hmmm should I game or watch this lame rear end debate?

Japan got put on notice for not paying America enough to protect them while they get to sell their cars to us. There may be large tariffs on Playstations and Nintendos in the darkest timeline.

Xbox becomes the winner by default.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
gently caress I've been looking for this piece of Trump history for years and appearently Peter Moore had it on some random account this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
poo poo Disney Infinity closed their YouTube account and nobody saved any of the videos.

Where am I going to go if I ever get the hankering for a bunch of John Vignocchi goodness?

• Locked thread