Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Why do games keep trying to introduce fishing minigames? They're all poo poo

The fishing in Twilight Princess Wii was the best part of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No it's a new game. You're probably confusing it with the roughly 400 games that comprise the Legend of Heroes and related game series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kicking off September with a big cup of coffee and nuclear throne. I'm still trying to decide who I want to try and loop the game with. I've been gravitating towards steroids because he will the be the easiest to maintain ammo levels with just a mutation or two, so I can expect a lot of variety in my runs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's Septembers games of the month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QWQNqWRg

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-TorPBrwY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the dead body lootin mutant shootin venuz youthin rootin tootin luger totin ruger loadin bullet throwin way too long grenade holdin triangle

but steroids is my second favorite yeah. melting has the objectively best throne butt/ultra mutation but i'm still partial to yv's ultra a + his ultra bonus

yeah YV still my only successful run. With hyper rifle and recycle gland and I could just hold his double tap, melt everything in a level and come out ahead on ammo :D

still havent reached ultra mutation level but it seems like something that you could only get in a loop or with melting. maybe ill drive myself crazy and try to loop with melting...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

do you have horror yet ?? his beam destroys enemy bullets + his passive is really good + his ultra Anomaly will help you get through a loop

Yeah I have everybody but Rebel. I haven't played much melting, plant, or fish.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The plasma cannon kicks rear end, can't even imagine how badass a SUPER plasma cannon would be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Is it a mobile game or something? That screen is tiny.

its an arcade game, you need to rotate your monitor to 9:16

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

You'd think they'd have a widescreen pan or something.

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Anyone got any tips for Dragon's Doggo? I'm playing a strider, if that matters.

Goblin's hate fire, Arisen.

Wolves hunt in packs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Atlus games take like half a year to sail across the Atlantic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard Chrono Trigger DS is a fairly lackluster version of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

It also had 3 excellent Castlevania games that people tend to nitpick tiny things about.

Dawn of Sorrow isn't great but Ecclesia is a flawless game so it evens out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love Stole the Day posted:

this also sums up how i feel about EA and Ubisoft yet everyone still pre-orders their poo poo, sadly.

I haven't purchased a game from either ever but I might buy Titanfall 2. Is that still an EA game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Portrait is the worst of the DS ones

Order > Portrait > Dawn. The weapon crafting system is annoying and the levels/bosses aren't as cool as Portrait's.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

loving agreed. God I miss those games. I hope Bloodstained is good.

Bloodstained looks kick rear end. I can't wait for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whatever card that is can play Doom(1993) so you're set

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

The only Metroid-y Castlevania games I'll call good are... hrm... all of them.

Actually, that's not productive. What insane criterion makes the others bad?

Harmony of Dissonance is the only one I'd call bad because it was their first GBA one and they tried too hard to make a 1:1 SOTN game with the double castle and everything and it's kind of a boring game to navigate and play. All the others are various levels of good to great though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Portrait of Ruin has some of the coolest NG+ options I've seen in a game. Sister mode is just crazy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

In Training did you ever try Haunted Castle in your Castlevania... adventures?

Is that the arcade version of CV1?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe the only games I didn't play even one second of were the fighting game on the Wii and Kid Dracula 2 because Kid Dracula 1 was lame. There may have also been a MSX exclusive or some similar system, I didn't want to mess with trying to emulator old rear end Japanese PCs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

No, but it is an insanely bad arcade game that came out I think around the same time?

It is the only arcade game I've seen where you can't just give yourself unlimited continues. If you die and have more quarters it still boots you to the beginning of the game.

I just mentioned it because it's probably the worst game tangentially related to Castlevania and is the only game in the series that I could not beat without blatant cheating. I mean Castlevania The Adventure was bad and poorly balanced but I still pushed through to the ending.

It's actually the first Castlevania game I ever played haha. When I came across this at an arcade i got about halfway through it before deciding it was time to learn about the series finally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

No, but it is an insanely bad arcade game that came out I think around the same time?

It is the only arcade game I've seen where you can't just give yourself unlimited continues. If you die and have more quarters it still boots you to the beginning of the game.

I just mentioned it because it's probably the worst game tangentially related to Castlevania and is the only game in the series that I could not beat without blatant cheating. I mean Castlevania The Adventure was bad and poorly balanced but I still pushed through to the ending.

drat kudos, I had to cheat my way through the end of CV3 and Adventure 2. I also just didn't finish a few games because I wasn't enjoying them but I still tried to at least play them all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Healbot posted:

So what got addressed going from Ecclesia to Harmony of Despair, I wonder, was it too functional a game?

That's not a IGA game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WickedHate posted:

I'm really happy for the new Battlefield and Call of Duty because we're finally moving away from Chris Kyle simulators.

COD has been sci Fi stuff for like 4 or 5 years at this point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blood borne is one of he best games ever made in this humble goons opinion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I 100%ed Pikmin 3 in one 9 hour sitting today :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Nice!

I was inspired to replay Pikmin 2 by Makorz posting about it in the August thread and somehow managed to beat my best records in every category.

It's still probably my favorite of the three but gotta say I really missed 3's new features, especially being able to let captains walk around by themselves. You can be so much more efficient!!

Pikmin 3's management/control scheme combined with Pikmin 2's dungeon design would be the perfect Pikmin game for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm going to be getting a PS4 but I'm not ready for Bloodborne, what are some good games? I'm thinking of Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Dragon Quest Heroes is pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, it's great. DQ Builders will kick rear end too.

I played the demo of Builders and the game is going to be awesome but I think I'll hold off, wait for a cheaper price and play it on Vita. Seems perfect for a handheld experience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

PS4/Vita usually means the Vita version runs like a steaming pile of rear end.

Yeah, but the graphical style of DQ seems simple/cartoony enough that hopefully it translates well? If it sucks rear end I could always play the PS4 version on Vita through remote play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any online game in its own weird way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

Bulletstorm

I think this was the best shooter (other than Vanquish) from last gen. At least, it was the only one that tried anything more interesting than "COD or Gears clone".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Emulation is illegal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love Stole the Day posted:

The Humble Bundle guys could make some easy money by selling every ROM ever and call it the "legally cover your rear end bundle"

SNK did this recently lol. They put up a humble bundle of "games" that was just a rom dump of every SNK game that runs on fightcade for 10 bucks and they were like "play them in this browser or on whatever other program you want!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The more consoles start functioning like computers the worse they get. One thing I really don't understand about PS4 is, why do I need to put the disc in to play games I own on a disc, when the disc does absolutely nothing. Physical and online copies have zero difference now on the hard drive, why can't I just hit play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's clearly to prevent you from just letting a million dudes install a game you own via your disc.

Yeah, but it inconveniences me so I'm gonna QQ about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's mainly that I just messed up buying KOFXIV on disc, because every other fighter I own was digital so I could swap between them easily but now, I'd have to put in a disc to do KOF. But I wanted that sweet soundtrack disc with Mai on it. Such is life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda shocked nobody has ever made some crappy Gamemaker game based on Zybourne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

nintendo DMCA'd No Mario's Sky so they made this

https://asmb.itch.io/dmcas-sky

If you click through to the DMCA notice its kinda cool that among all the different mario games listed in the infringement they specifically call out Mario Party 8 for some reason.

• Locked thread