Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

XCOM2 is good, right? I never got to play it because I don't have a good PC but I loved XCOM1 on PS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think one of the steps of reaching true spiritual enlightenment might be to stop worrying about youtube drama

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

According to my calculations and projections PSVR will either be a huge success or a complete trainwreck

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

quote:

Dating is a two-player game, and if you want it to last, you need to know how to play together. Don’t let love be the hardest difficulty setting.

*takes notes*

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where are those people watching videos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Lords of the Fallen worth downloading from PS Plus this month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I feel like that is a very small number to get mad about in regards to TF2. I have over 2,500 hours. Surely that's worth way more ridicule?

Didn't you say you were terrible at Overwatch? How

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish they would put Order of Ecclesia/Portrait of Ruin on Wii U eShop because old DS games are too expensive in 2016 + I don't like pirating video games

Castlevania seems like a series I should be really into but I've only played Super Castlevania IV/Dawn of Sorrow/Lords of Shadow

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pharah and Mercy are my best friends

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really play CoD or Battlefield anymore but it's cool that Doom/Wolfenstein are back + are actually good

Quake too I guess but I dunno how that's going to turn out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why would I want to play as a marble in a racing game instead of toad or bowser

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Life Is Strange is a neat friendship game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

"physical media rules..." - queen oddium on her throne of carts and discs in cases so they don't get scratched

When I was younger I kept like 40 PS1/2 discs in a giant pile out of their cases beside my TV and now none of them work because they're too scratched (I did the same thing with Gamecube discs but they all still work somehow)

It's the one thing I would warn myself about if I could travel back in time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if you can call something the beginning of the end if it goes on for another like 20 years

Also VIII is very good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mega Man Legends does not sound like the game I was picturing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Nontendo's lawyers sure are a bunch of loving wet blankets

I mean a generation of Ace Attorney inspired nerd lawyers are probably just beginning their trainwreck careers, maybe they'll save us

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sure gearbox writers will write plenty of epic dialog for duke

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is it game grumps themed

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are any of the following games worth buying (they're on sale in Europe on PS4 at ok prices)

The Talos Principle
Bloodbowl 2
Mad Max
Ratchet and Clank (the new one)
Need For Speed Rivals
Wolfenstein The Old Blood (I loved The New Order but never got around to this)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Are any of the following games worth buying (they're on sale in Europe on PS4 at ok prices)

The Talos Principle
Bloodbowl 2
Mad Max
Ratchet and Clank (the new one)
Need For Speed Rivals
Wolfenstein The Old Blood (I loved The New Order but never got around to this)

Thanks for the advice on this - I guess I'll pick up The Talos Principle/Wolfenstein today + maybe Mad Max and one or two of the others when I'm done

Great Joe posted:

Please don't waste your time or money on this trash.

e: I was gonna suggest you get this game instead but it's only on PC at the moment. Sorry. :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr_BQyO6MbI

Is it really that bad? The only other NFS game I played was the Most Wanted reboot thing a few years ago and I liked that. I wanna play the Distance thing you've posted a few times but it's not out on PS4 yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why can't I tell the difference with 4k

How long have I been blind

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I understand a creator using parody as a defense for something riffing on an already existing IP but when it's actual people it starts getting just a biiiiiiit uncomfortable, which is how I feel when I see this Kickstarter project.

Edit:

Why would anyone want to play as peter molyneux

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Well it took 30 years, but there is finally something cool in a Final Fantasy game

edit: I hope people aren't taking me super seriously when I say things like this, Final Fantasy is fine I just think it's kinda lame is all

please don't make me do these things to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p82ZY3wubL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJmaBv-1zk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The new ace attorney game just finished downloading on my 3DS maybe life isn't a nightmare after all

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

On the vita Project Diva games you can get an AR Hatsune Miku to dance in the real world

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could also buy a playstation vita

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I was video game president I'd pay Kojima or Kamiya or someone a billion dollars to make a good VR game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

id rather give them 10 million to make a game everyone can play

I guess this is why I'm not video game president

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess Mario is still the video game golf overlord

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I downloaded Tropico 5 from PS+ but only played the tutorial, is it good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What year is shenmue 3 coming out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

People who said the episodic nature of the game's release would affect its quality were incredibly wrong and I'm glad they were :D

I think the episodic thing makes a lot of sense with hitman because the levels have always been designed to be played over and over. Releasing them like this kind of forces people to play the game that way. Like I bet there are a lot of people that bought Blood Money/2 etc and only played the levels once which is fine I guess but they're kinda missing out

I still wish they'd hire more than 3 voice actors for the new one though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I beat Mankind Divided this morning, and then ending is as abrupt as the reviews made it seem. I'm a little peeved about how the game deals with the plot factors towards the end game because I prevented myself from getting the best ending by being too cautious. I also found an item than removed the last boss fight, which I wasn't expecting and really sped up the last twenty minutes. Decent overall, but definitely a part 1 of a bigger story.

Credits are long and unskippable.

Is the killswitch explained anywhere because it's so weird that there's just a button that'll kill the villain hidden in a case under a desk

E: kind of spoilery final boss question I guess

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 10, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's still probably like a 20+ hour game if you do all the side missions/explore a lot on your first playthrough (and the side missions are very good) But I did another couple of quick runs to get the platinum and it's kind of insane how short the game is if you're only doing story missions

Also breach is terrible and I don't know what they were thinking

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I use sims 3 sex mods ironically too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The best controllers are the wii remote + nunchuk and the PS4 controller

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I beat Talos Principle and it's a very good puzzle game (I had to use a guide for the stars but I was pretty happy that I managed to do all of the actual puzzles on my own - I finished in a little over 12 hours) I kind of want to complain about so much of the storytelling being done through text dumps on the computer monitors but I guess I did like the story a lot by the time I was done with it

I still haven't played the Road to Gehanna thing though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never really played much of the old games but Guitar Hero Live is actually pretty ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has there ever been a loading screen tip worth reading

Bring back loading screen minigames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Which one is the worst

• Locked thread