Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Get the uncensored and futa versions of this steven universe fanart at the 15 dollar tier.
We should pool our money, then we can share the art amongst ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like that the dog has Gestahl's haircut.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of Z moves, the 3DS version of Puzzle and Dragons was fun, and I hope we get Puzzle and Dragons X in the states.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I like those sorts of games but I don't like the feeling of never getting anywhere. Also some of the games that only show up on mobile I just can't stand playing with those controls. I installed that Justice Monsters game or whatever and it took up half a gig and ran like poo poo on my tablet. Deleted so drat fast. I would totally play another pinball/peggle-ish game on PC or console but I can't deal with my poor old tablet trying to jank through it while eating half the battery in moments.
PAD Z is fun. It has some really clever puzzle mechanics in how you move things and interact with stuff, it's not just a regular match 3. That's all present in the mobile version, but the mobile version is an F2P hell from which no fun escapes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Anyone got any tips for Dragon's Doggo? I'm playing a strider, if that matters.
Pay attention to enemy elemental weaknesses and make sure you have at least one mage with access to the elemental enchantment you need, because it will massively raise your party's damage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Save literally every 5 seconds because its so easy to go the wrong way and get murdered by some high level monster and lose hours of progress.

Also HAARPY!!!!
There are only two places where I honestly think that's a risk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Youtube has always been trash for content creators (see all their copyright detection issues and the complete lack of appeals process with regard to Google taking away payments without warning), I hope we see a mass migration but it's not like anywhere else has been better about it so far. We'll see I guess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, I really need to swap the pawn mage I hired for one that actually does enchants.
Mages are for utility, not damage. Make sure they can heal and give you Holy and Fire enchanting (depending on what you're fighting). Ice and Lightning are also useful, especially postgame, but holy and fire are quite common weaknesses most of the game. Dark is situational. Strider and Ranger and Assassin can all do INSANE amounts of damage once enchanted, although Mystic Archer gets elemental bow skills (which is both good and bad).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

So... how's the N3DS? I'm travelling to the states on November and I'm sorely tempted to get one, but last time I had a portable it was a DS and I ended up selling it because I never touched the thing.
The DS had an insane list of great games and the GBA library as well, but if you didn't want that why would you think the 3DS would grab you any more?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I've heard Chrono Trigger DS is a fairly lackluster version of it
Good translation, great music taking advantage of the DS good sound chip, but the bonus content suuuucks. Still a really good port.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WickedHate posted:

That cannot be the most offensive thing you've read on forums.somethingawful.com in the past day alone.

Unless you're saying it's classic me because my posts are hilarious.
You suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WickedHate posted:

It just wouldn't be SA without the emotionally crippling bullying.
Lmao

P.S. you suck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm going to be getting a PS4 but I'm not ready for Bloodborne, what are some good games? I'm thinking of Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
Ratchet and Clank remake. Tons of PS2 ports on PSN.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Dragon Quest Heroes is pretty cool
Yeah, it's great. DQ Builders will kick rear end too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

I wish someone would emotionally cripple me through bullying, but instead I have to play very hard video games and bully myself for being bad at them.

The path of a game master.
Try bravery in short hooray for friend!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I played the demo of Builders and the game is going to be awesome but I think I'll hold off, wait for a cheaper price and play it on Vita. Seems perfect for a handheld experience
This seems like a good call.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IuniusBrutus posted:

I've built gaming PCs before, and I'm not too worried by it, but yeah...it'll only be used for gaming, so it'd have to be a pretty substantial increase in gaming usability in order to be worth the extra cash and effort.
The big advantage is inherent backwards-compatibility and emulation. If you're willing to put the time and effort in, and you like older games, you can play an insane number of them on PC, legally or otherwise.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's also a paid game, not f2p.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

She has a preferred feminine name which makes me believe she's trans.
Intersex erasure right here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish Megaman 8 was better, because it's super colorful and pretty to look at.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

What are people's problems with it? I played it about a decade ago and loved it.
It's not awful - it's at least better than 7 - but it's not great, either. It tries to do too many things poorly instead of focusing on its core gameplay. Levels can be confusing messes. Snowboarding is awful. The ways in which it tries to innovate aren't as good as the ways MMX innovated. I would still rather have seen 9 and 10 polish up what 8 did rather than be throwbacks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

They actually give out 3DS's at the louvre as one of the self guided tour options. It's got a louvre special AR app with narration and stuff
Owns. This is why Pokemon Go should have been a real AR Pokemon game on 3DS and not cheap phone crap.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

*taps mic to check it is on*

thats what one of your sexual partners said about you
poo poo, your mom said that?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Was Maximo good? I never played it. No idea it was a GnG spinoff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I have a question for those people who really like Dark Souls.
Did you like it immediately, or did it take a long while to like it?
I played it a couple times over like two years before I finally got it, and now it's one of my favorite games. I think DS1 is the most accessible in the series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

Yeah, someone said earlier that DS1 was the most accessible... I think that DS3 is probably more accessible than DS1, just because it has a lot of quality of life improvements. And it's easier.
That was me, but I forgot DS3 exists because I haven't played it yet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I still think DS3 has the toughest start for newbs though, it puts an actual normal boss you have to kill like five minutes from the start and none of the others do that.
Asylum Demon is a normal boss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It takes like three hits to kill with the starting sword, it's a tutorial boss.
It's easy, but it still follows all the rules of a normal Souls boss. It does a good job of teaching players how to fight them. Contrast this with Demon's Souls, whose first boss is actually a fake boss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

They give you a way to take off like half its health tho don't they? As well as the option to firebomb it to death?
That's Taurus Demon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

The asylum boss in DS1 took me an hour and a half to kill
You're making the classic Dark Souls mistake of throwing yourself at the wall. Players assume because Dark Souls is hard, they just have to keep doing the same thing until it works, which is not accurate. If a strategy doesn't work, try a different one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

People always make the game harder on themselves because they let the game intimidate them, but the worst thing you can do in DS1, especially against bosses, is get too defensive or think there's only one right way to play.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

My problem with DS1 is that I played it with a keyboard. It worked, uh, okay enough - I made it to the Taurus demon and accidentally killed him by dropping him off the wall - but the moment I stepped away from the game for more than a day I forgot the controls and it was too tedious to relearn them.

Then I saw a video of a guy trying the Gargoyle fight and realized I could never win with keyboard controls, so I uninstalled it.
What

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I went through the rest of the area. That took about forty or so minutes. The plunging attack I missed 3 out of 5 times as well.
If you're getting hit every time you approach the Demon then you need to pay more attention to what he's doing. Bosses will tell you exactly what they're going to do next in DS1.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I don't think I figured it out properly before I defeated him. I feel like I should erase my save game and start again, because I must have really missed something with it.
Do that. That's pretty normal, the start of Dark Souls is short. Just don't let yourself panic. You're in complete control of that fight, just watch the boss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

I don't think just restarting will help with issues against the first/tutorial area boss.
Gives him a chance to do it again instead of getting frustrated on new stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

If it's not too deep...
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish I liked Arkham City but it makes so many bad choices.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only thing I don't like about Asylum is the Poison Ivy fight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't think I'm gonna be beating Dragon's Dogma this month.
Haha, yeah, of course you are. You kill that dragon and then the game will be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also lmao if you get killed by a Cyclops. A fearsome and terrible beast who can only be defeated by moving at all in any way.

• Locked thread