Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Armed bandits, arisen!

Lurdiak posted:

So does that new youtube rule mean people who basically make a living yelling about Anita Sarkeesian are now hosed?

yeah i guess but so are people who don't do that because they skipped "hate speech" and went straight for "all speech" do not pass go do not collect monetization dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Looks like a coffee cup to me maybe. Y'know, cuz Twin Peaks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bloodychill posted:

New thread has been annointed with the glorious sticky.

Some kind of sticky white stuff ahead....
+1000 | -52

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Palpek posted:

It's supposed to be a coffee cup with a star in the coffee but I know it's not readable. I only realized when I saw it shrinked down. I'll replace it with something clearer shortly when I figure out what other thing would be cool for the Twin Peaks/Deadly Premonition brand. I'm thinking about an owl.

Sinner's Sandwich

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully most people who have a patreon seem to be aware that doing purely-subscriber-only content will gain them a lot of dislike. For most I've seen it's stuff like "get a video a day early" or "get behind the scenes making-of stuff" etc.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you visit all of the secret levels (except for the underwater one cuz it doesn't spawn enough enemies to be worth it) and get lucky enough to get a mutation canister on almost every level, you can juuuuuust barely make it to ultra mutation in the first round. Otherwise you usually get it by like the second level of loop #1.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
please also clear this up: Why are all the anime girls missing parts of their bodies and why are they planes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

final fantasy 14 has a follower pet that's a dog that's a king

It rolls over on its stomach if you do a /pet at it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's also a fatass sheep that walks lazily behind you so slowly that it falls behind and the game has to teleport it ahead for it to keep up with you. FF14 has a real good set of followers goin on.

edit: dont even get me started on the fat chocobo

Your character dangles a cabbage from a stick to make it run

but when you switch to flying mode they pull out a cake

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

They already are, since the internet's decided to interpret the new dumb policy as "everything ever is banned".

Personally I don't like it because of their hypocrisy; instead of taking down videos that break the rules of the policy, google takes away the user's monetization on the video and then monetizes it themselves. It's messed up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's imo the only thing that allows them to get away with treating their users like crap. There is nothing better than Youtube as far as video streaming sites go and there isn't going to be for a very long time because nobody has the kind of money Google has, the kind of money it takes to create a website like Youtube (or rather, purchase a site like youtube) and make it ubiquitous throughout the internet like they have. The "where else are you going to go? :)" threat is constantly dangling over the heads of people who use Youtube to make a living and it sucks super hard for them.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 1, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there still a goon game dev thread here in Games? I thought there was one but I can't find it and can't remember the thread title.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Thanks!

Lurdiak posted:

I could make a new one.

I appreciate your willingness regardless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

No no, goon-made games are ones where you kill pigs, not play as a pig

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
corn in the bible getting owned is my favorite september games happening so far, love you man but lol

edit: saying this as a guy with like 1200 hours in tf2

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A terrible name but now I want some

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

this never happens! this never happens

this nev

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
er happens? appens?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The wiggly whip button from that one castlevania game where they let you flail it around like a retard without giving you enough control for it to be worth doing is the best

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've started posting about my first time making a videogame in the making games thread (which is why i asked for a link earlier) so if you've ever wanted to see a single-person project develop into a videogame from the ground up, this is your chance™

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Broseph Brostar posted:

An authentic experience would be fun for nobody except the rear end in a top hat who instalocked influenza at the beginning of the round.

They already have the "not fun" part down pat so all they have to do is patch in the rest

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm having a nostalgia trip and want to buy a guitar controller for ps3 guitar hero/rock band and holy loving poo poo they're expensive nowadays. What the hell happened to make these things so rare to find

edit: there's so many that are listed without the connector dongle and it's like what's the point, who would buy that

I do have like 3 ps2 guitar controllers sitting in my closet from back in the day though so I'll just buy a converter if it really comes down to it

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 3, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dewgy posted:

They break if you look at them funny, and since they couldn't be traded in at most places a lot of people just threw them in the trash.

Those people should be condemned to the gulags for throwing away such a good piece of gaming history, I found one on ebay with 5h left in the bidding and I'm watching it like a loving hawk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I called around to all the pawn shops/thrift stores in town, most of them had no guitars at all, and the one store that had a bunch of em... didn't have any for PS3 :negative:

edit: hey, people who use paypal: since my bank account is linked to my paypal, it'll take money out of it to pay for stuff right? Because I don't have enough in my paypal to pay for the thing but ebay only allows paypal login purchases because they suck

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes, it will transfer funds from your bank account.

Sweet, thanks.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Reminds me of when I tried to find used Wireless Wavebirds. Nobody sells them with the receiver except scammers and a new one still in package is a few hundred dollars :pwn:

The craziest thing is, the guitar controllers go for 20 ish bucks... but all of the dongle-only sales I've found are hovering around 30! :psyduck:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In ace combat you blow up stonehenge*

*it's not THE stonehenge but it's still called stonehenge for no reason and I find that hilarious

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eh I'm still on for tomorrow, I just wanna chillax after this extremely stressful auction and also I'd have to plug/unplug a bunch of poo poo and im lazy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CrashCat posted:

so was it a rock band guitar or something else?

PS3 Guitar Hero 3 guitar (the one modeled after the Les Paul) with the dumbass dongle included. Cost me fifty bucks but it came with the game and from the pictures appears to have been very well taken care of, and it works with the other plastic guitar videogames, so I'm not too bothered.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also the local video game pawn shop has all the rest of the PS3 * Hero and Rock Band games for like 3 bucks apiece so the rest of em will be way cheap lol

In Training posted:

I 100%ed Pikmin 3 in one 9 hour sitting today :D

Good work, fellow gamer, Pikmin 3 is good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

I find that playing a rhythm game with music I REALLY like on a lower setting helps to get me out of the doldrums. Usually I kick it up a notch because I really start to feel the beat. Hope everything works out, Ciaphas.

I'll be able to experience this when my guitar controller arrives :unsmith:

Play Stardew Valley though it's a good remedy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why not

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know what that is, but I'm hoping it's not "playing it makes you wish you were in the game world instead of the real world" because that's indicative of deeper problems than "i am depressed and seeking escapism for relief"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
why are you being a weird dick about a cool thing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

people on 4chan have been taking these marble run videos and setting them to music from initial D and it's great

edit: I hope this doesn't autoplay at max volume for anybody, it doesn't for me but computers and phones are all different creatures

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 4, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It has sad eyes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately Shadow Warrior starts off very very strong and then peters out super hard as it goes on. The last level-ish of Shadow Warrior is a super annoying slog. I hope 2 does not suffer the same fate.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of Shadow Warrior, is the new one co-op? I know basically nothing about it except that it's probably going to be good

edit: vvvv sweet

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The reason to buy a console over making a PC is a personal taste in simplicity over availability

edit: A game console is simple. You plug it in and plays the games you buy for it. PC gaming has a lot more complexity and a lot more that a) can go wrong and b) can go wrong and be your fault. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it but that still doesn't make it a simpler experience than just buying a game console.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

wasting time is what games posters do in between posting that their pc won't run something and realizing that nobody is going to reply with a fix

That's also something to consider. You buy a game on a console and it will work, no matter what, guaranteed. Even if you have a good PC, Deus Ex Mankind Divided recently proved well that that doesn't mean anything.

• Locked thread