Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

It was that bad :(

which is why i laugh when the kids backlash about tarted up women in video games these days, they don't even realize how it used to be so much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

The Patreon model is taking off and I'm starting to like it.
Probably suits YouTube just fine too, if they don't play ads it stops people from yelling at YouTube's advertisers to stop hate speech when someone gets something they don't like as a random recommendation, and lets them keep recommending stuff to the patrons and freeloaders alike who come to see their videos. Also has that vague whiff of holding content for ransom which is a bonus for some

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Good morning everybody, happy first of September! I hope that the games everybody wants for this month are good and entertaining :)

Nothing this month I'm super interested in, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head. I know my fiancee still wants to get the newest style savvy, I think that came out at the tail end of August tho.
September will mostly be spent saving my pennies for huge regret in October when PSVR hits

I probably shouldn't get it but I've had the order in this long and haven't changed my mind...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

What's PSVR? Playstation Virtual Reality?
Yeah that one, I didn't type out Playstation VR because :effort:

If nothing else it should be fun to play 100 Ft Robot Golf on it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

According to my calculations and projections PSVR will either be a huge success or a complete trainwreck
It's promising in terms of actual fun things to play, but the display quality is a little poorer than I'd like. Not unbearable, just not pretty. Still, it made me enjoy a lovely Battlezone game so that's saying something.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

psvr will be cool to put on a shelf next to a gameboy micro + rob + steel battalion controller
Actually my main worry isn't so much that they won't give us a use for it so much as they'll come out with a much better unit a year or two down the road and not offer any trade-in plan at all. It's already got a much better library upcoming than Virtual Boy ever got and more actual "game" games than Oculus/Rift did at launch.

On the other hand that's a ridiculously low bar to cross

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

You'd think they'd have a widescreen pan or something.
In a shoot 'em up? Don't you need to see everything?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

In a trailer. Dodonpachi is known for its spritework, showing it at such a tiny size is not good use of youtube real estate.
Ah, I get it.

See that wasn't so hard to clear up, no need for everyone to get sad, semper games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

semper

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

Gestahl is the evil emperor from FF6, for you gamers born after 1998.

what the heck does that have to do with--

ohh.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking of Z moves, the 3DS version of Puzzle and Dragons was fun, and I hope we get Puzzle and Dragons X in the states.
Yeah, I like those sorts of games but I don't like the feeling of never getting anywhere. Also some of the games that only show up on mobile I just can't stand playing with those controls. I installed that Justice Monsters game or whatever and it took up half a gig and ran like poo poo on my tablet. Deleted so drat fast. I would totally play another pinball/peggle-ish game on PC or console but I can't deal with my poor old tablet trying to jank through it while eating half the battery in moments.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/771361943667957760

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

last month had yakuza 5 so i think you can go shut the heck up!!!

dear lord, i am agreeing with Stux again

send help

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

im usually right
You mostly say things you believe are right, most people do. There, I said something nice, stop looking at me that way ghost grandma

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

speaking of tetris i hooked up my ps3 last night for some reason and started playing Trash Panic instead of whatever it was i meant to do. that game is so good

never heard of it but after watching a video I want it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Great Joe posted:

Please be considerate of my good friend Corn in the Bible.
nice corn love

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

By the time I get into Overwatch I'm gonna be so behind on the memes.
just yell "it's high noon" all the time and nobody will know the difference

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know if the knock off Dreamcast VGA adaptors that are all over eBay work okay? Thinking of setting mine up again and don't want to deal with SCART. Obviously the official ones are out because I'm not a millionaire.
Look for Amazon reviews, they do work but quality can vary as with all that electronic stuff

Unfortunately I would not be able to identify the unit I had, other than I think it was purple

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

I'm having a nostalgia trip and want to buy a guitar controller for ps3 guitar hero/rock band and holy loving poo poo they're expensive nowadays. What the hell happened to make these things so rare to find
Back when Rock Band was popular everyone I knew had a 360 instead, I imagine that's part of it. Plus the 360 wireless controllers didn't need a dongle

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Eh I'm still on for tomorrow, I just wanna chillax after this extremely stressful auction and also I'd have to plug/unplug a bunch of poo poo and im lazy
so was it a rock band guitar or something else?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

I've had Trails in the Sky (the first one) and The Last Remnant on Steam for months now, which one should I finally get round to playing for my JRPG anime needs?
the forum has a hardon for Trails but you should eventually try out Last Remnant just cause the gameplay is a bit unusual

I wouldn't say you have to finish it tho

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

what the gently caress where is my ULTRA '64

GET IT!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

its a day later and i still think the PS Pro is the dumbest thing
I enjoyed it cause the presentation was barely any more detailed than the leaks and had nearly identical information

I can't wait for the "over a half dozen" titles that make use of it while the rest don't bother.

There's two possible outcomes I see here: either they push people to use the Pro and as a result they get lazy about the non Pro versions, or nobody bothers with the Pro and it becomes an expensive curio that drives GameStop trade-ins for the uninformed.

They seem serious about the thing so I expect the quality of 'regular' PS4 games to drop like a rock eventually, with the Pro development as an excuse

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i can't wait for the next time i get to push the 'do something cool' button

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Nobody is going to care about it because it's stupid. as much as I love my New 3DS it's also stupid, albeit much cheaper.
It does seem at least premature, I don't know if Sony will seriously push for it or we'll just see a smattering of half-hearted support. Either way one side or the other is going to suffer at some point, there's no avoiding it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Joe Gillian posted:

I got to use a 3DS XL for the first time ever yesterday.

in the Louvre.
sorry you dropped your 3ds, i hope the sewer people enjoy it though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Monkey Fracas posted:

Soooo yeah I guess I'm gonna wait to see what the PS Pro does to the development landscape on the PS4.

-Devs sorta target the PSPro specs when developing games so the OG PS4 "version" of the game only looks/runs "OK"?
-Devs don't care about the PSPro because they aren't being forced to so it doesn't matter anyway for the vast majority of games?
-4K streaming content somehow grows by leaps and bounds in 2 weeks and weirdos with 4K TVs love it??!?
-I buy a used old PS4 or a PS4 Slim and deal with the maybe-mildly-worse-performance on some games because I basically only want to play Bloodborne anyways?!??

The PSPro seems stupid to me at this point but I guess we'll see where things go.
Most likely what happens is they keep developing on PCs as usual and then when it comes time to make the PS4 candidate they hide the graphics options and pick a few defaults based on whether you have a reg or a Pro. Everyone else probably doesn't bother because :effort:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Red Bones posted:

I always kind of assumed the reason Sony was making the PS4 Pro was because the regular PS4 wouldn't be able to run VR very well, so they were releasing a console that their VR stuff would work properly on.
We were told it was 'double the pixels' for VR with the Pro or some poo poo but that was incredibly vague. Maybe weasel speak for what they're downsampling from to get on the crappy VR display

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I have never read so much semper games on one page, cheers

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One day we'll have the technology where pervs trying to catch a glance at someone in real life will cause them to have their vision be replaced with a "CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" notice.
And then immediately thrown in prison

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what do you mean you dont know? theyve already been quite clear that any game from october 2016 onwards will have to have pro support. they said that way before they even announced it and it was still called neo.
what does 'pro support' mean, precisely

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

overcooked was well done
:downsrim:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what? it means it supports the additional power of the pro, it can still play any ps4 title, but the ones that are "forward compatible" and anything from october onwards have a pro mode, or thats what they announced originally. ive not seen anything saying theyve changed that stance.
If they're seriously making everyone put in a pro mode to get certified from october on that's hilarious

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

GameStop continues to rip it up by offering the same trade-in price they were already offering, but for a limited time, which doesnt extend to when the Pro actually comes out :downs:

Stux posted:

again this is something they talked about like months ago
okay

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

They're not going to require that a dev's game look super great on the pro or something, their crappy half-baked platformer that 9 people download can still look like crap on the pro.
that's what I expected, but Stux is trying to confuse me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rexroom posted:

I finally watched yesterday's Playstation stream. I'm kinda worried for PSVR. The drat Playstation 4 Pro was designed for the headset, at least initially, but there was nothing about it mentioned par a few mentions here and there. I mean, they dragged the hardware designer on stage to talk about the Pro, and he just barely remembered to mention it. There weren't any (prerendered) trailers of upcoming PSVR software like they did for their 4K games. Did Sony wake up to the fact that the current VR revolution is potentially turning into a big wet fart? It ain't looking good so far, but next week's Sony event in Tokyo Games Show might show if Sony is serious about it.
The VR launch for Oculus and Vive was mostly garbage and tech demos, it's not a sure thing by any means but the stuff Sony has lined up sounds a lot better overall.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/4ukbdq/confirmed_playstationvr_games/

That plus not needing a special room and wacky sensors everywhere and being able to play some games with traditional gamepad controls makes me hopeful for PSVR having more 'starter' appeal compared to the hardcore-ness of the PC offerings. Of course it could still flop badly anyway, but they at least sold off so many of them that they had to make a big deal in Hong Kong about finally offering more preorders, to the point the guy said people were telling him "when are you going to have more for sale, stupid"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

VR was hosed by the Vive being more popular with devs because now gameplay has to fit in a 'room space' which means they'll never graduate past Kinect games
Yeah, that poo poo is why I would rather have a PSVR

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

A Kojima mobile game might be p interesting though
Wallet Stranding

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

i was really down for 100ft robot golf until i watched the giant bomb preview and it didn't look very good
What about it didn't look good? You get to destroy cities and play golf

Also no you don't need PSVR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm going to take the obligatory "this game is too memey" stance

duh, it's a No Goblin game

• Locked thread