Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition just came out with a crap ton of balance changes, updates, bugs fixes, and mod support. The best part? If you've already own Titan Quest/Immortal Throne on Steam you automatically get the new edition that combines both into one neat little package. For every one else its only $5 right now so I highly recommend it to any one that wants a ARPG that takes place in some place other then generic middle age fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mages are for utility, not damage. Make sure they can heal and give you Holy and Fire enchanting (depending on what you're fighting). Ice and Lightning are also useful, especially postgame, but holy and fire are quite common weaknesses most of the game. Dark is situational. Strider and Ranger and Assassin can all do INSANE amounts of damage once enchanted, although Mystic Archer gets elemental bow skills (which is both good and bad).

I need to get back in to Dragon's Dogma and do this, is there a specific build of gear/items to try go for or just level the Mage vocation on the pawn and just roll with it?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Accordion Man posted:

Let Duke stay dead. We got BJ and Doomguy back, we don't need him.

And honestly who would have those those two would come back so strong? Now we just need to get Gearbox's hands off of the franchise and maybe, just maybe the Duke Nukem franchise can actually come back.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 6, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mordja posted:

Woof, Mass Effect 4 looking pretty rough.

I mean it looks pretty but kind of worrying that there is still no game-play demo/videos just a quick video of the PC walking around and then a cut-scene.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Guy Mann posted:

The time between ME3'S release and Andromeda's is actually longer than the time between the release of ME1 and ME3. I wasn't expecting Bioware to pull a SquareEnix.

That's even WORSE since Bioware completely redesigned the combat system from ME1 to ME2 and then added multiplayer to ME3 so I have no idea what the hell is going on. Unless the rumors are true that all the good talent is jumping ship.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

In Training posted:

Isn't inafune barely involved with recore

He's listened as the producer and it was designed by his company Comcept.....and its just getting murdered in the reviews.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

In Training posted:

Me too, I was looking forward to it

The PC World Recore Review really went indepth on what was shown at E3 2015 and what ended up actually in game. I wish we had the E3 2015 version :(

quote:

f I seem frustrated, it’s because the opening hours of ReCore are charming as all get-out. It’s hard not to fall in love with your energetic robo-dog, and the early levels are a special blend of puzzle-platforming I haven’t seen done this well since Prince of Persia. You’ve got both a double-jump and an air-dash, so moving about the world is effortless, and a handful of platforming-centric side dungeons are ReCore’s best moments.

The final product is so disjointed and thin, though. I have no window into the development of ReCore, but it’s got that “Too Many Cooks” feel. To whit, I’m going to ask you to watch the original E3 2015 trailer for ReCore below. You don’t have to, but it’s important context for what I’m about to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qhcxQbgwg

Finished? I rarely go back and watch trailers post-release, but I did with ReCore because, again, I felt like something went wrong. And after watching that E3 video, I’m prepared to say that whatever ReCore was initially supposed to be, it’s not the game that’s been released.

This is common in video games. Developers are quick to say this is a creative process, an art form, that things are fluid and change between announcement and release. Absolutely! We see it all the time, from Uncharted 4 to BioShock: Infinite.

Changes during development are not necessarily an issue. The problem is ReCore is so damned bad at hiding those changes and is full of vestigial systems that never amount to anything at all—and, in fact, make the game actively worse.

So you watch that original E3 trailer. You’ve got a robo-dog companion who, in an attempt to save its partner’s life, self-destructs and vaporizes both itself and some enemies—except for its Core, a glowing blue ball of energy. The protagonist, Joule, takes the Core and slots it into another robot, which then comes to life.

Barely any of that makes it into the full game. You can pull cores out of enemies during combat but doing so causes their bodies to self-destruct. New robots are instead doled out to you during the story and most come with their own Core.

Late in the game you receive a body that doesn’t, and then ReCore becomes an even more tedious game of micromanagement—trying to decide what robo-frames you need on each mission, as every robot has its own special abilities and failing to bring the correct one means a lengthy process of returning to your home base, swapping out Cores or at least team members (you can only bring two at a time), and then getting back to where you were when you got stuck.

It’s a terrible system, and one that wastes the player’s time. And worse still, it’s seemingly in the game solely because the original idea—swapping Cores between bodies—required it. Then that whole aspect was quietly sidelined, the game became something else entirely, but the remnants were left in like a burst appendix.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Looper posted:

I'm really glad both of these came with Myst

Did it have a CD in the 90s? Then it came with Myst. No Exceptions!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

CJacobs posted:

Dead Space 4 would almost certainly be the one where they go "we want to go back to the series' roots" to make the fans happy, so I'd be down for that. They permanently hosed the Dead Space universe with 3's ending, however, and it's not the kind of thing you can just walk back with 'time has passed' or 'it wasn't that bad'. So there's really nowhere else the story can go unfortunately.

How so? Most of the story Deadspace needs is "Hey we find this space rock OH poo poo" and then the protagonist comes in.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

In Training posted:

I hope they get to make a new Valkyrie Profile

I wish. Sadly it looks like the only Valkyrie Profile game coming from Tri-Ace is Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky. Looks like it will be coming out in in the West on October 18th but only for the PS4 and Vita.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

In Training posted:

I already own Exist Archive and plays a few hours of it but it's really ugly to look at. The gameplay is still VP inspired and fun to play in parts. I would have played a lot more if I realized it didn't autosave, because I didn't manually save my file and would have to redo the opening few hours. It's also hard to tell what's going without knowing Japanese, there's a lot of menus in that game

Which system did you play it on? Cause it looks like a Vita based game Tri-Ace just threw onto the PS4. Looking at how anime it is I'm not sure being able to understand the story is going to be better or worse.

Oh well, have to wait to see if Indivisible is going to be any good.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Its the last, best hope for this type of game.....that won't be out until 2018. I will miss the Norse mythology (and the crippling depression) but its pretty cool that this setting is pulling a more Arabic/far east type look.

I only played the original PS and the 3ds game, was the PS2 game any good?

• Locked thread