Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Started playing Dragon's Dogma today. Banduts are no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Super Mario Maker is coming to 3DS!

...but you can't search by course ID, not all courses made on the Wii U version will be compatible and you can only share the courses you make locally.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anyone got any tips for Dragon's Doggo? I'm playing a strider, if that matters.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pay attention to enemy elemental weaknesses and make sure you have at least one mage with access to the elemental enchantment you need, because it will massively raise your party's damage.

Yeah, I really need to swap the pawn mage I hired for one that actually does enchants.

oddium posted:

a strider's strength comes through proper utilization of the stride. too early, and you won't be close enough, stride too late, and you leave yourself open. you really have to find your own rhythm

Can't tell if this is advice or not.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mages are for utility, not damage. Make sure they can heal and give you Holy and Fire enchanting (depending on what you're fighting). Ice and Lightning are also useful, especially postgame, but holy and fire are quite common weaknesses most of the game. Dark is situational. Strider and Ranger and Assassin can all do INSANE amounts of damage once enchanted, although Mystic Archer gets elemental bow skills (which is both good and bad).

Can I change my pawn's class? If not, how do I make sure I get a pawn with enchants off the internet?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyKaDSdo-2A

I think about this choice of music a lot.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 2, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

crave those crazy squares

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Networking desync is going to be SO upsetting.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay, but is it fun?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/plasticcracked/status/770827211167281152

Appreciate this, please.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/JoeThreepwood/status/771621453527592960

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I'm going to guess there's no way to emulate the arcade Castlevania game where you actually whip things because I think that and the non-smartphone mobile game are the only ones I haven't played.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an emulator for the latter.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was not prepared for the fashion possibilities

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABXR7GKjvc&t=1m37s

new paper mario lookin good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What game?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm going to be getting a PS4 but I'm not ready for Bloodborne, what are some good games? I'm thinking of Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm kind of torn. I want a well-rounded collection on my PS4, but I don't have a lot of money with which to buy games, so hmm.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

What is the best video game about friendship?

I been thinking about this for 10 minutes and can't think of anything better than persona but I know I'm missing something obvious.

The Sims 3

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/suddenlywolf/status/772503221059194880

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It looks like a poor man's Lego Island.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/SJWSuperMario/status/772585085417562112

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HEY MY DUDES LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT GEXBY

Mikedawson posted:

I'm glad my favorite artist came in to the stream and got everyone into the idea of shipping Gex and Bubsy.

(This is an actual line in Gex 3)

YOU'RE WELCOME

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

The guys who made the Bubsy 3d revival made Sonic Dreams Collection, don't even bother trying to one-up them at parodying insane fandom weirdness.

Wow. You think Gexby is ironic? Just wow.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Are those dominos?

Gex seems real cool

They're TV remotes.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is Worms WMD any good?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

The more consoles start functioning like computers the worse they get. One thing I really don't understand about PS4 is, why do I need to put the disc in to play games I own on a disc, when the disc does absolutely nothing. Physical and online copies have zero difference now on the hard drive, why can't I just hit play.

That's clearly to prevent you from just letting a million dudes install a game you own via your disc.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah, but it inconveniences me so I'm gonna QQ about it

Fair enough.

I forgot how good Mega Man Legends was.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

the optional boss fight in mega man legends is so loving dumb holy poo poo. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shindragon posted:

? Which one? I don't think there were any optional ones. I mean it's been a while since I played that game but all I remember were story bosses.

Is Bruno not optional?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

As rough as Megaman Legends might be by modern standards, when you consider that it came out a full year before Ocarina of Time almost all of its design is way better than it should be. It even has Z-targeting!

You can't move while locked on in Megaman Legends, which is extremely bad.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

You can jump while targeted in iirc, you just can't walk. You can jump to the side though.

You do not remember correctly, sorry.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Some of you may know that Game Grumps like Kirby's Dream Course. Recently they started playing a fan-made Grump-themed hack of the game with about 150 new, original holes. Whether you like Game Grumps or not, this is a huge loving deal if you like Kirby's Dream Course at all.

You can get the patch here.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Why is it game grumps themed

Because the Grumps were like "aw man it's a shame there aren't more levels" and so a bunch of people made this thing just for them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Course he is.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

call me when they make more courses for arino to play

Domo, Kacho no Arin desu. Grump desu.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak is the kind of person who, when told there are 150 new levels for Kirby's Dream Course, will tell you the problem with that fact.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't say it was a bad thing, sheesh.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Super Mario Run, eh? What's next, Flappy Birdo?

Birdo is trans and does not have flaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

i thought birdo was a crossdresser

She has a preferred feminine name which makes me believe she's trans.

• Locked thread