Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

Today in 8,000 BC, an Indian man discovered, mapped, and named the future state of Delaware, and also drafted an early version of the state constitution, but it was not ratified.

Today in 1955, the first underwater car was driven accidentally, to mild applause.

Today in 1643, every single landholding noble in France switched places with a poor member of their staff. Since none of them had informed the others of their plans, it led to some confusion.

Today in 1973, Richard Nixon played racquetball for the first time. He played against Secretary of Housing and Urban Development James T. Lynn, and lost graciously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Today in 1990, Roger Emember invented the act of thinking about things from the past, or R. Emembering (remembering) for the people who desire specific words for their definitons. This is why only 90's kids can remember things.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
4672 BC: a sumerian man discovers how to extract thc-potent oil from cannabis plants, starting period historians often call "the dab ages"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
1456 AD: the meme is invented by a jesuit monk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today in 8,000 BC, an Indian man discovered, mapped, and named the future state of Delaware, and also drafted an early version of the state constitution, but it was not ratified.

Today in 1955, the first underwater car was driven accidentally, to mild applause.

Today in 1643, every single landholding noble in France switched places with a poor member of their staff. Since none of them had informed the others of their plans, it led to some confusion.

Today in 1973, Richard Nixon played racquetball for the first time. He played against Secretary of Housing and Urban Development James T. Lynn, and lost graciously.

I live in Delaware and can attest to the fact that FAU said this

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

darkarchon

My name is a trolling word
Today in 2116 Star Citizen is actually released, but doesn’t entirely manage to deliver upon its initial promise.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Today in 4000 B.C. the last dinosaur is killed by the Phoenicians

Today in 3527 B.C. clams and turtles become two distinct species

Today in 1968 A.D. Garfield Sobers became the first batsman ever to hit six sixes in a single over of six consecutive balls in first-class cricket.

FluffieDuckie

darkarchon posted:

Today in 2116 Star Citizen is actually released, but doesn’t entirely manage to deliver upon its initial promise.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FactsAreUseless

Today in 1996, America declared its independence... from high-carb snacks, thanks to Slantshack-brand beef jerky!

symbolic

today in 1875, the ability to blow off one's own hand with dynamite is discovered by miner Kenneth "Lefty" Smith

Beefeater

I'm hungry.
Today in 10000 B.C. Grunk of the Mogro tribe figured out how to make the world's first set of pants. He was mocked mercilessly for not wearing a loincloth and flaunting his genitals like the rest of the tribe.

FactsAreUseless

Today in 3,500,000 B.C., all the other cavemen made fun of Homo Erectus for his name, which isn't even his fault guys.

Piso Mojado

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today in 3,500,000 B.C., all the other cavemen made fun of Homo Erectus for his name, which isn't even his fault guys.

lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FactsAreUseless posted:

FluffieDuckie

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol what a dork

google THIS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
7,632 years ago on this day the concept of a day was invented, making this thread possible

FactsAreUseless

Today in 1953, Chubby Checker invented the Moonwalk, but America was not ready.

google THIS

on this day, in 14 A.D., caeser augustus had already been dead for almost two weeks, so the motion to increase the length of his month to 32 days was discarded

darkarchon

Today in history on some day nothing happened at all

FactsAreUseless

darkarchon posted:

Today in history on some day nothing happened at all
False. Everything has always happened.

darkarchon

FactsAreUseless posted:

False. Everything has always happened.

Prove me wrong :colbert: is starcitizen released? Didn't think so :colbert:

nvm no cake

darkarchon posted:

it's released, it's just not a game yet

FactsAreUseless

darkarchon posted:

Always is a long time.

darkarchon

FactsAreUseless posted:

Always is a long time.

Open your eyes, I see
Your eyes are open
Wear no disguise for me
Come into the open

When it's cold (When it's cold) outside (outside)
Am I here in vain?
Hold on to the night
There will be no shame

Always, I wanna be with you
And make believe with you
And live in harmony, harmony oh love
(Always) I wanna be with you
(Always)

Melting the ice for me
Jump into the ocean
Hold back the tide, I see
Your love in motion

Am I here in vain?
Hold on to the night
There will be no shame

And make believe with you (Always)
(Always) I wanna be with you (Always)
And make believe with you (Always)
(Always)

Am I here in vain?
Hold on to the night (When it's cold in the night)
(Where the new love grows) There will be no shame (no shame)

And live in harmony, harmony oh love (the leaves are falling down)
And live in harmony, harmony oh love (all the leaves are falling down
And live in harmony, harmony oh love (all the leaves are falling down)

Senior Management

On this day in 2016 I went to work and my back hurt. Also my feet hurt.

:jerry:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Today on this day some stuff happened which definitely resulted in a thing. This "thing" then became something else; and boy let me tell you what! To find out more about this thing and some other things like it, stay tuned to this thread because you're gonna learn about things you never knew you didn't know about!

"Knowledge is power but it won't recharge your loving iPhone!" -Nietzsche

I Was The Fury

I'm excited to see this thread in exactly 10 days

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I Was The Fury posted:

I'm excited to see this thread in exactly 10 days

Ah yes, a true national tragedy. The day the Hope Diamond was stolen in France in 1792

I Was The Fury

Munchables posted:

Ah yes, a true national tragedy. The day the Hope Diamond was stolen in France in 1792

I've never forgotten

E: French men can't quell "steal" dreams?

I Was The Fury fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 2, 2016

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I Was The Fury posted:

French men can't quell "steal" dreams

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

today in 1563 - the eccentric french aristocrat Jacques D'Olais's scat/bestiality fetish and boundless curiosity compelled him to eat the first egg ever consumed by man, thus ushering in the Golden Age of Eggsploration

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Today in history one day ago was yesterday

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today, north korea tested missiles again and said they would go to war but in actuality they cant pay for a war for over a friggin week

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

I Was The Fury posted:

French men can't quell "steal" dreams

google THIS

today, in 1887, an ermine emerged from its burrow, saw its shadow, and there were six more weeks of summer. this event never caught on as a national holiday, though, so in stoat culture today is still celebrated as "gently caress that rear end in a top hat phil" day

FactsAreUseless

Today in 1977, Blondie released their seminal new wave album "This Is Blondie, Here We Are, We Are The Band Blondie And We Made An Album With Songs Like 'The Blondie Song' and 'Here Comes Debbie Harry, Our Lead Singer'"

School Nickname

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Today in 2009, I died of a heart attack and after a couple of months in purgatory, the Department of Heavenly Assignment finally reviewed my case and sent me here for my afterlife. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

School Nickname posted:

Today in 2009, I died of a heart attack and after a couple of months in purgatory, the Department of Heavenly Assignment finally reviewed my case and sent me here for my afterlife. :ghost:

you got punked. Those guys at the DHA are laughing their butts off right now. This is the waiting room for when there is overflow at the DHA offices and the lines start to stretch out the door.

:jerry:

• Locked thread