Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend and I couch copped the entirety of Dungeon Siege III in one sitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My friend and I couch copped the entirety of Dungeon Siege III in one sitting

it was really fun, especially the sword guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got a super sore throat and not rly able to work so ill be playing this all nite, didnt realize how much nostalgia feels i had for this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played Hunter alst time I played this game and thought it was really boring. Glad I fixed my mistake by picking Pyromancer instead

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
the game was $5, so i bought it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im already in the later bits of act 1 lol. made a warrior+earth hero, that was always a pretty good combo since earth has a lot of spells that just boost your damage and defenses. the skill rebalances aren't very noticeable though, unless i'm missing something?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh there is a new speed setting that lets you increase the gamespeed a lot like in some RTSs and its a lifesaver

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh there is a new speed setting that lets you increase the gamespeed a lot like in some RTSs and its a lifesaver

didn't notice this the first time, thank you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the loot in this game has the craziest rolls im not even done with a1 and my attack speed is so high it breaks the animation lmfao

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Time to fire this bad boy up since ps4 network is down

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
oh poo poo, i bought this a while ago and never got around to it. free updates rules

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I remember my favorite thing about this game is the ragdoll kill physics, gonna play the AE just to punt some satyrs off some cliffs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

I remember my favorite thing about this game is the ragdoll kill physics, gonna play the AE just to punt some satyrs off some cliffs.

getting really high damage and sending monsters straight to heaven is pretty great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What's the best secondary class for warrior?

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

If I don't have this on steam already I'm gonna get it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What's the best secondary class for warrior?

earth gives you lots of aoe spells to help balance the single target damage warrior gives you

or you could do rogue to go mega focused on killing single targets

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dream is also good and synergizes with pretty much everything, it has an insanely powerful AOE attack where you vanish and hit everything for huge dmg

the warrior itself has a rly good AOE spell, it says it starts with a damage penalty but it doesn't mention you hit everything twice lol, it also charges into enemies super fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nature and defense will keep you alive with healing and defense buffs (if you go defense you basically need a shield though), and hunting gives you some powerful debuffs and big boosts to attack speed with spears. even aether gives you a crazy rear end aura that debuffs and drains health from everything around you, it's hard to go wrong really

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the games cool in that just about every combo works

im doing a spirit with some defense and all my points in str so instead of a staff i hit stuff with swords and cant be killed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This has multi right?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

This has multi right?

Yah.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

This has multi right?

Through steam, too, it's easy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

earth gives you lots of aoe spells to help balance the single target damage warrior gives you

or you could do rogue to go mega focused on killing single targets

So far my main problem is like, all I have is a single target skill and while more dmg sounds nice I'd rather have one epic AOE to use when i get surrounded.

The beginning of this game is super slow but i'm gonna stick with it. I'm just tired of holding rmb while enemies slowly die.

Is there a wiki or something with the skill sheets I could look at before making a choice?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So far my main problem is like, all I have is a single target skill and while more dmg sounds nice I'd rather have one epic AOE to use when i get surrounded

The beginning of this game is super slow but i'm gonna stick with it. I'm just tired of holding rmb while enemies slowly die

yeah i think playing melee only main in this game is kinda boring just because the regular attack animations feel boring

adding any kind of spellcaster stuff means you have more things to do

and theres this here which has hover over descriptions of the skills of all the combinations of classes

http://www.titancalc.com/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So far my main problem is like, all I have is a single target skill and while more dmg sounds nice I'd rather have one epic AOE to use when i get surrounded.

The beginning of this game is super slow but i'm gonna stick with it. I'm just tired of holding rmb while enemies slowly die.

Is there a wiki or something with the skill sheets I could look at before making a choice?

yeah the beginning is rly slow, it picks up once you beat the first real boss and get to lv.8. strongly recommend turning the speed up and getting warwind asap

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah the beginning is rly slow, it picks up once you beat the first real boss and get to lv.8. strongly recommend turning the speed up and getting warwind asap

I quickly gave up because of how slow it started but I'll give it another shot tonight with the speed up.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Sharkopath posted:

yeah i think playing melee only main in this game is kinda boring just because the regular attack animations feel boring

adding any kind of spellcaster stuff means you have more things to do

and theres this here which has hover over descriptions of the skills of all the combinations of classes

http://www.titancalc.com/

thank you

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i bought this last night if any imp zoners want to do some multiplayer sometime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive played this so much that my rear end hurts lmao. and im not even at the really juicy part of the game which is the expansion act+nightmare and on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a really cool thing tq did that no other diablolike copied is add secret superbosses and new enemies that can roll in nightmare+hell, like a horrid manticore that deals a billion poison damage and a hydra that breathes a different element out of every head

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

some of the hero monsters end up really ridiculous

i've seen a zombie hero that summoned 8 new zombies every couple of seconds until the entire room was flooded with them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

whats a cool class to play? i picked warfare for my first tree, i was thinking either earth or storm for my second

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wouldnt recommend earth cause it actually doesnt work with warfare at all lol. p much anything else works though, if you wanna be pure melee defense gives you a lot of healing and armor

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can select and undo your first and second class choice(as long as you don't spend any points). That way you can read all the poo poo. If you think a few skills will have synergy then they probably will. You can build your character any way you like as long as you're not going against the grain. I.E. going a melee build with strength and wondering why you nuke for nothing.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Dream mixes with everything basically perfectly. Spirit has a good range of poo poo for casters and melee as well, and the pets own.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kazvall posted:

You can select and undo your first and second class choice(as long as you don't spend any points). That way you can read all the poo poo. If you think a few skills will have synergy then they probably will. You can build your character any way you like as long as you're not going against the grain. I.E. going a melee build with strength and wondering why you nuke for nothing.

wait do melee characters not use strength? i was planning on putting points into STR and INT to go Warfare/Lightning or Spirit

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Dream mixes with everything basically perfectly. Spirit has a good range of poo poo for casters and melee as well, and the pets own.

word, i'll keep that in mind...i don't get to pick a second one for awhile yet anyway i think

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nuke meaning if you spec into magic, melee uses str and needs dex to use certain weapons like swords and spears

I think this release really upped the amount of drops you get because i remember never having so many blues and greens when i last played this game

if anybody is an earlyish level and wants one of these hit me up because i have four. they won't stop dropping. The skill bonus they give is for rogue but they're an alright early game weapon even if you are a different class.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sharklie

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the end of a3 is incredibly brutal and the boss is some tough poo poo, was it always like this lmao. i mean i beat it but i feel like i scraped by

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think I'm going warfare/dream but I'm gonna hold off on my secondary for a while so that might change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

There's a respec in Delphi though it doesn't let you change masteries. Wish they'd allowed that with this update

• Locked thread