Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sure we will get some updated mods soon through the workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

updated underlord would be so sick..it's like the eastern sun of this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe in the original it let you stack dodge chance until you were completely invincible lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cant believe in the original it let you stack dodge chance until you were completely invincible lmao
You could do this on the old D3 Monk before they removed Mantra of Evasion.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How about nature / warfare? I'd like some offensive spells but mostly self heals without taking defense and being pure melee

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frog Act posted:

How about nature / warfare? I'd like some offensive spells but mostly self heals without taking defense and being pure melee

it's a good combo, the heal is great and you also get plague which is a huge debuff to enemies. pets also help split up the damage

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's a good combo, the heal is great and you also get plague which is a huge debuff to enemies. pets also help split up the damage

cool, I was about to take it, but i noticed the heal is ambiguously worded and reads like it could just heal allies...if it self heals, than nature definitely looks like the way to go. i'm gonna do a dual-wield warfare focused on fast attacks combined with the buffs and heals from nature, i think that'd be cool

this game is surprisingly addictive. i picked it up back when it first came out, still have my disc, but i never got very far back then

ed; nvm about the talent wording for the heal i'm just dumb and misread it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nah, I thought it was worded poorly, too. It simply means you cast it, then select which target to heal(yourself or allies).

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
this game is pretty cool, but the hit feedback could be better

gonna play it with a friend

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Frog Act posted:

cool, I was about to take it, but i noticed the heal is ambiguously worded and reads like it could just heal allies...if it self heals, than nature definitely looks like the way to go. i'm gonna do a dual-wield warfare focused on fast attacks combined with the buffs and heals from nature, i think that'd be cool

this game is surprisingly addictive. i picked it up back when it first came out, still have my disc, but i never got very far back then

ed; nvm about the talent wording for the heal i'm just dumb and misread it

i only played a few minutes of this game and when it seemed to just be a really normal arpg i stopped but this post has convinced me its amazing and im going to give it another shot

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Okay ya it pwns. The greek setting is really fresh & unique and I'm realizing how much I fucken hate imps in caves

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it just keeps getting better. act 4 has some of my favorite locations and fights ever

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

Okay ya it pwns. The greek setting is really fresh & unique and I'm realizing how much I fucken hate imps in caves

yeah this game is really good, i love the bright areas and cool unique monsters. i just got further than i ever did when iw as 16 and it first came out and i'm digging it...got really lucky with two drops so now i'm dual wielding these

they blast bats and stuff like 30 feet away, lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

i hate the skeletons the most because depending on where most of your damage comes from they might be immune

cant make a skeleton bleed...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
a lot of people are talking up this game but i havent heard of it until recently? what do you do in it...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
it's like diablo..i can never tell if I'm going to like these drat things until I actually sit down to them

If I'm fine with Diablo and didn't really like torchlight at all would i have a chance at enjoying this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well torchlight is insanely loving boring and this game isn't so yeah you might like it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a really neat looking Diablo but I think its combat is pretty simple compared to other kinds of games, more emphasis on basic attacking than lots of flashy skills depending on your build

The part that's best is the setting and the way the game takes you on a big journey all over the world. Each chapter actually feels like it could be its own game almost and theres lots of variety.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok, you guys convinced me, i bought this while it was still on sale. hope my shitbox computer can run it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

ok, you guys convinced me, i bought this while it was still on sale. hope my shitbox computer can run it.

It's from 2006 so it should be alright...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is the game from 2006 that made me wish I had a sick computer and could finally become a PC gamer... I was a Xbox Supremacist at the time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched the videos for the level editor of this like 100000 times and the developer zooming in on a tree and pointing out every individual leaf was rendered made me blast white come in my gym shorts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I watched the videos for the level editor of this like 100000 times and the developer zooming in on a tree and pointing out every individual leaf was rendered made me blast white come in my gym shorts.

this was the first game i played where i walked into tallgrass and it wiggled in response to my character

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

What can I say... game is good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

this was the first game i played where i walked into tallgrass and it wiggled in response to my character

That as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I still think it's awesome when grass does that though. lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When they added it to WoW... instant KreyGasm...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sharkopath posted:

It's a really neat looking Diablo but I think its combat is pretty simple compared to other kinds of games, more emphasis on basic attacking than lots of flashy skills depending on your build

The part that's best is the setting and the way the game takes you on a big journey all over the world. Each chapter actually feels like it could be its own game almost and theres lots of variety.

ya know it's been so long since I played one of those with anything approaching a good setting / story I honestly wasn't even considering that

ill give it a shot, thanks sharkey

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea it's not just Greece... IIRC it's Greece, Egypt, China and then you go to Hades or something and the monsters are all based on the Cultural Lore and the equipment is as well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's sounds awesome.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I still think it's awesome when grass does that though. lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZXLmzyKkw&t=420s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so can you just set up a MP server and use your singleplayer character both on and offline? kinda wanna stab some harpies and pigs and stuff with other people

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played up to the second waypoint just now. i went with hunter as my main, which may have been a mistake, but the skills seemed pretty cool. when do i get a secondary profession? i need to think about what would compliment my quick ranged stuff...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i played up to the second waypoint just now. i went with hunter as my main, which may have been a mistake, but the skills seemed pretty cool. when do i get a secondary profession? i need to think about what would compliment my quick ranged stuff...

level 8 is when you can pick out a second one, and i've read online that Dream compliments hunter really well (as a haruspex?). i was gonna go a spear hunter with nature at first which also seems like it'd be good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you ever get a respec in this game? additionally, how much can you gently caress your stats up early in the game?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i read online you eventually get 1 respec (just the points in your chosen areas) but i dunno when so i say be careful with ur points.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I would like to echo that the game is a bit slow for the first hour or so then gets strangely loving addictive. Little poo poo like how you go into caves, the cool setting and monsters, then finally the sweet class system and awesome loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I would like to echo that the game is a bit slow for the first hour or so then gets strangely loving addictive. Little poo poo like how you go into caves, the cool setting and monsters, then finally the sweet class system and awesome loot.

yeah, i wooted a little bit when i saw how they handled main to side area transitions. idk if i've actually seen an ARPG do that before.

• Locked thread