Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Preuap. Buerh! Hetch! Gruwn. *pings lvl up after the 500th Cave Bat dies*

And now for the loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA&t=139s

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

really tho, i had a bunch of blues by the end of a1, and even vendors frequently sell rares. make quick huge money selling magic gear+jewelry so you're free to buy whatever you want at shops, being rich in this game is actually very powerful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Preuap. Buerh! Hetch! Gruwn. *pings lvl up after the 500th Cave Bat dies*

And now for the loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA&t=139s

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll try Storm next I guess. Earth has some obviously really strong spells but all I have now is my auto boost aura and the really lovely fireball spell., and I'm not exactly engaged by it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is this one of those games where you have to pick the best option or you're screwed or can I just go with what looks cool? My character's got Warfare class right now and I'm thinking of going Dream or Nature when I unlock the second class just because they seem badass but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. I'm playing on the default difficulty so I assume I've got some leeway.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is this one of those games where you have to pick the best option or you're screwed or can I just go with what looks cool? My character's got Warfare class right now and I'm thinking of going Dream or Nature when I unlock the second class just because they seem badass but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. I'm playing on the default difficulty so I assume I've got some leeway.

Dream and Warfare were the go-to classes for melee dudes before the update. I bet its still good.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Bobnumerotres posted:

hunter is good but the assassin thats all about poison and bleed is worthless lol. all of his skills and stuff revolve around flat damage that starts off insanely powerful but can't do squat in nightmare

They fixed this in anniversary, poison and bleed scales with dexterity. Now every type of damage scales with some stat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Disco Infiva posted:

They fixed this in anniversary, poison and bleed scales with dexterity. Now every type of damage scales with some stat.

oh nice!

im in hades' palace, and i feel like this theme would really fit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one of the minibosses here rolled with a skill disruption bow and i could not do anything at all :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got the night off, who wants to play this nowish

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you still want to play I'm down. I'll be home soon.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

id be interested in making a server tonight around 6:00pm est

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well this was a slight upgrade

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
all the cool gear i find is always like 5 levels higher than me with crazy requirements. i picked up a unique axe at level 5 that I've had for pretty much the whole time I been playing and I still can't use it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

all the cool gear i find is always like 5 levels higher than me with crazy requirements. i picked up a unique axe at level 5 that I've had for pretty much the whole time I been playing and I still can't use it

ItGetsBetter

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing this makes me wish there was a game that compressed the fun parts of building a whole character into like a 1 hour game sesh, sort of like crimsonland, but with a deeper system. i really don't enjoy that first 2 hours where you have nothing but a basic attack, and trash items.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Isn't that what roguelikes are.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Isn't that what roguelikes are.

yeah, although (if you want to be technical about the definition) you're dealing with tick-based combat instead of action combat, and game sessions can run much longer than an hour. some roguelites have hit the same notes, but i haven't really found anything that matches the same fun of character building.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Binding of Isaac is the best example I can think of.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah idk why ARPGs insist on the boring lovely early games. It's never been fun in any of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even the start of diablo 3 is painfully slow. hell that game doesn't start getting fun until the 40s

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah idk why ARPGs insist on the boring lovely early games. It's never been fun in any of them

a lot of them seem to be designed around MMORPG ideas of progression

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its amazing how much better TQ becomes when you just double/triple the mobs. more stuff, levels come faster

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

a lot of them seem to be designed around MMORPG ideas of progression

Which is retarded because 90% of the modern ones dont even have a 'loot economy' like diablo 2 did. PoE is the big glaring exception I guess. I don't even know enough people who like ARPGs to play a duo game, let alone a full party.

Bobnumerotres posted:

its amazing how much better TQ becomes when you just double/triple the mobs. more stuff, levels come faster

I thought most of the spawns in this game, at least in the early part, were static. Is there a mod or something

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I thought most of the spawns in this game, at least in the early part, were static. Is there a mod or something

xmax

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile rules but like 3 people on here play it and they're all on hardcore because i guess they love seeing all their progress get vaporized by lag

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I play PoE every couple months.. it's better than TQ from what I can tell unless TQ busts out some crazy poo poo real soon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

poe is a better game overall. tq's strengths are its setting and completely absurd OP loot combos, but it suffers from a lot of old RPG issues like the super slow start and casters having a huge advantage over melee classes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PoE hasn't sucked me in long-term just like any other ARPG even though I really like ARPGs, because the loot and currency rate is way too low IMO. I could just play Standard where all the cool uniques are insanely cheap, but why the gently caress would I want to do that. The base game is kind of boring and I like how unpredictable the league modifiers can make things.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

poe's league system is really cool. getting in on one right as it starts is exciting, it's cool being apart of something like that as everyone starts from scratch

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Wish i bought this while it was cheap

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i restarted as warfare / dream, and it seems like more fun than my hunter / dream character. i like going into the middle of a pack, farting my horn, and then watching as ragdolls go flying.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

poe's league system is really cool. getting in on one right as it starts is exciting, it's cool being apart of something like that as everyone starts from scratch

a huge patch for it came out the other day, kinda wanna beat tq hell mode and start that lmaoo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i rushed to the second tier of dream, and now i can teleport into the middle of enemy mobs for huge damage to my target, blast my fart horn, and then whale away on poo poo until they wake up. it's pretty cool. i wish they were a little more generous with the cooldown rate tho...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i rushed to the second tier of dream, and now i can teleport into the middle of enemy mobs for huge damage to my target, blast my fart horn, and then whale away on poo poo until they wake up. it's pretty cool. i wish they were a little more generous with the cooldown rate tho...

lol it has that cooldown because you'll see how stupid that power becomes with the upgrade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please play this game on max speed..i tried setting it back to normal and no. just don't do that to yourself

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
where's the speed setting? that sounds like something that would make it more fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

where's the speed setting? that sounds like something that would make it more fun.

its in the main game options

its really cool that tons of enemeis have new skills in nightmare, the item rarity has also tripled because i've seen tons of blues and like 5 purps in act 1 alone. normal gives you loving nothing lol

e: ran a1 boss the second time and he dropped 3 blues..i dont have any mods installed. this is so rididuclous. one of them was a ring with +30% atk speed and like a paragraph of other stats

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 9, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This centaur in a2 is ruining me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

This centaur in a2 is ruining me

do you mean that dude near the spartan camp? yeah he's a real motherfucker. might even be worth it to run past him for now and buff up a bit, you can always port back to the camp anyhow

• Locked thread