Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i hacked this thread to get a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
i am delivering a payload to your thread.

fartz

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

*USA airs two hour long episodes consisting solely of Elliot staring at his screen while waiting for his dictionary attack to finish*

*neurotypicals give up and go watch Friends reruns*

this would be preferable

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

News flash fucko posted:

actually, mr robot is the name of the show. you're thinking of mr robot's monster.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
what was that old trick you could do to excape a restricted shell through some vi flaw i can't remember at all it was like 1997 that i knew about it. that's my hacking story that i forgot OP

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

im a biohacker, not that bullshit computer stuff. oh cool you have access a database, i have access to our DNA. you remove security, i remove fleshly limits. you stitch together scripts to show off to your friends, i stitch together the building blocks of life to become super-human.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

power botton posted:

im a biohacker, not that bullshit computer stuff. oh cool you have access a database, i have access to our DNA. you remove security, i remove fleshly limits. you stitch together scripts to show off to your friends, i stitch together the building blocks of life to become super-human.

shut up, no one likes HOPE anyway

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
ive been drinking goat colostrum since before ben greenfield made it popular

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Thanks Ants posted:

defcon presentations always have the shittest audio

they are just as bad in person too

*back of room in 1200 person packed house*

*speaker keeps talking off mic*
*only returns to mic when his jokes up front get response*
*huge wall of booming because the compressor's all hot because you're not talking into the mic* PHBWOOOOSH SO ANYWYAY GUYS *speaker woofers attempt to escape their mortal coil*
*instinctively backs off mic and talks around it because of this*

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Jonny 290 posted:

they are just as bad in person too

*back of room in 1200 person packed house*

*speaker keeps talking off mic*
*only returns to mic when his jokes up front get response*
*huge wall of booming because the compressor's all hot because you're not talking into the mic* PHBWOOOOSH SO ANYWYAY GUYS *speaker woofers attempt to escape their mortal coil*
*instinctively backs off mic and talks around it because of this*

to be fair, 100% of the speakers (and a/v staff?) are amateurs. Look, the conference only makes $5.5 million USD a year. You can't expect them to be the same as, say, black hat.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i know.my main beef is the crowding that makes it super hard to fill in the gaps from the bad audio, esp as a short dude it fuckin blows so hard. and that was last year, i heard it was worse this. but im just armchair hating anyways

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Citizen Tayne posted:

*USA airs two hour long episodes consisting solely of Elliot staring at his screen while waiting for his dictionary attack to finish*

*neurotypicals give up and go watch Friends reruns*

I was going to make the typical smarmy smart rear end salt reply about how tv shows can show two hours have passed without it being real-time. But thought about it and really it's just best to make it instant.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the only way to get presenters audible is to have someone fit them with a quality headset mic, threaten them with violence if they gently caress around with it, and then have a runner do the q+a session with a handheld. nobody knows how to use mics.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Thanks Ants posted:

the only way to get presenters audible is to have someone fit them with a quality headset mic, threaten them with violence if they gently caress around with it, and then have a runner do the q+a session with a handheld. nobody knows how to use mics.

*places lips against mic whilst shouting*

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

flakeloaf posted:

turns out his password was Aaaaab

:five:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Megaspel posted:

Mr Robot for real is super good. Normally when shows reference real life computer stuff it's super cringy but it actually makes me a tiny bit happy when I see him open putty or whatever.

lol

he has sex in the show so its obv not trying to be realistic

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

will i actually learn how to overthrow a government if i watch this

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

poty posted:

he has sex in the show so its obv not trying to be realistic

elliot is a massive mary sue but the show is acted, scored, paced and shot compellingly enough that I'm still absolutely down with it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

qntm posted:

elliot is a massive mary sue but the show is acted, scored, paced and shot compellingly enough that I'm still absolutely down with it

elliot is def not a "mary sue"

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin
I sent netbus.trojan to kids in my high school. On the local mIRC chat I'd say "Hey check out this pic!" File sent and they click...now I owned her computer..Opening and closing cd trays all night long for maximum hilarity.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Kthulhu5000 posted:

I can totally hack any computer but *yawn* I was caught in some Air Force Gibson and I totally had to promise the government that I would only hack for good, so I can't show you.

i hacked the air force gibson to release you from yr obligation. youre free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yeah op, I would say my kung fu is pretty strong

• Locked thread