Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gary, the nerdlinger with glasses used to be the weather guy on the local news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Volcott posted:

What's the difference between this and goosebumps?

This poo poo's still watchable today, Goosebumps is putrid.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

only two I remember are the one with the vampires in the hospital (kind of scary) and the one where the kid has some magic dust and makes his sisters voice go all high pitched or some poo poo (like wtf is this poo poo am i supposed to be scared by this?)

it probably was scary to dogs

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Volcott posted:

What's the difference between this and goosebumps?

It's the same idea but I think it's more intense. I re-watched most of the episodes mentioned in this thread a few years back and could definitely see how they'd scare the poo poo out of a kid.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
there's a song called fear of the dark by the norwegian post-black metal band iron maiden

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Casimir Radon posted:

They should do a revival. Kids need a Twilight Zone-ish anthology series, it's the rules.

it would probably be poo poo like "this app can talk to the dead WoooOoOoO"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Glasgow Kiss posted:

it would probably be poo poo like "this app can talk to the dead WoooOoOoO"

:cry:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I remember there was an episode with a dead kid or ghost or something who was always saying 'I'm so cold' and wanted a blanket. It scared the piss out of me but I sure can't remember why. I think it was the way the kid talked about how cold he was? He was all whimpery and chilly sounding.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Peebla posted:

I remember there was an episode with a dead kid or ghost or something who was always saying 'I'm so cold' and wanted a blanket. It scared the piss out of me but I sure can't remember why. I think it was the way the kid talked about how cold he was? He was all whimpery and chilly sounding.

Yeah they gave him a jacket and his soul was able to move on, it was pretty fruity. Like, he smiled at the kid after he gave him a jacket. Wtf

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
are you afraid of the dork more like and yes I am and the dork in this situation is the op Hector Beerlioz

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

The Endbringer posted:

For the longest time my sister kept talking about that episode "with the scary black people."
I thought I had completely forgotten about some racist episode, then I realized she was talking about the one with the loving x-ray glasses.

The "black people"

....is that a basketball? Are you sure your sister isn't racist?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

They should do a revival. Kids need a Twilight Zone-ish anthology series, it's the rules.

Redo the episode with Dennis Hopper as a neo-Nazi except replace Hitler with Trump

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Egbert Souse posted:

Redo the episode with Dennis Hopper as a neo-Nazi except replace Hitler with Trump

He's Alive was the name of the ep

bretty good

benis

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

You'd think anthology series would be something TV networks would love because you can build a bunch of generic sets and rotate actors regularly so you never have to raise their pay too much, but they keep on giving Chuck Lorrre money instead

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i get my balls rubbed in the dark so no

no i am not

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Is this from the one with the brother and sister and the toy factory on the top floor of their apartment? But it turns out the sister's from an alien race without faces?

That one scared the poo poo out of me when they watch the VHS and then the brother turns to his sister who he thought he rescued and she has no loving face.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
i LOVE the dark

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It'd be funny if some bullies showed up at the beginning of one of their meetings and administered a bunch of wedgies, shoving and maybe some hard hitting insults that undermined my confidence into adulthood.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
the guy who played the conductor on the ghost train episode was the owner of the farm where I boarded my horses as a kid, he also played the mask shop owner in goosebumps the haunted mask his name is Colin Fox and he used to scare the gently caress out of me as a kid

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
The best one was the one with the kid moving to a new home with a monster activated by music in the basement.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Power_of_the_glory posted:

The best one was the one with the kid moving to a new home with a monster activated by music in the basement.

This is exactly what I came here to post. The drat porcelain doll man. gently caress that doll

(Episode is ghost music. Stupid phone posting is loving me up)

https://imgur.com/rDDohcr

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 1, 2016

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The one where the old ladies fed magic prune cookies to kids so that they aged super fast and turned into old guys they could gently caress or marry or something.

Could be a goosebumps but it was top notch.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
What can you put in a barrel to make the barrel lighter? Hurry up before the ghost cab crashes! loving Dr Vink with a va va va. Go piss off with Sardou, no Mr, accent on the dou.

There was some weird body horror in that show that messed with my kid brain. The one where a kid is trapped in a game and pursued by an evil midget who wants to plug into an interface on his neck, the one where a girl turns into a porcelain doll...all creepy.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this show is Tales From The Crypt for kids, same ratio of insanely loving spook episodes to lol wtf ones

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Didn't read.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/bqmpVW5.gif]:nws:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

the great deceiver posted:

i liked the one where they got stuck in a fuckin pinball machine or something

Yeah this was my favorite. Weird but good.

Rentafence
Dec 4, 2011
What's the one where the kid has a serial port on his hand and plugs into the computer?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

this show is Tales From The Crypt for kids, same ratio of insanely loving spook episodes to lol wtf ones

tales from the crypt scared the poo poo out of me. I remember one ep with some freaky house where a ceiling fan came down and killed someone and I was terrified of ceiling fans.

I should prolly watch that series since I never saw it in whole and only remember vague pieces

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You know what tales from the crypt I need to watch?
Boils and Ghouls....

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Helical Nightmares posted:

i can confirm his sister is not racist....because im black

:)

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Is there somewhere to find these streaming? My connection right now is too lousy for torrents, and I don't even know if I could find a torrent. There's an 11 year old kid her I'd like to show this show to.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

You know what tales from the crypt I need to watch?
Boils and Ghouls....

This was better:

And this was better (and drop-kicked me the gently caress into puberty):

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

iirc M. Night Shyamalan made the 6th Sense after one of these episodes gave him a good spook

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
IT'S Sardó. Accent on the 'o'.

The pinball one is pretty awesome.

There was one with Neve Campbell and she worked in a restaurant where the chef dosed the soup with liquid fear, which he would obtain from employees who would steal a taste of it by locking them in a room with a gargoyle. Apparently fear is delicious.

The one with the boarding school that had lizard people masquerading as facility was fun. I thought that they did well on the FX at the time, and gave it a grotesque edge.

Oh, and I always felt bad for Gary. Tucker was always such an dick.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Since this is now about horror anthologies, I also liked the creepshow movies. I had two favorite stories. The first is the one where a guy and his gf got trapped on a floating dock by a man-eating pond scum monster. He actually managed to get to shore at the end by stayed to gloat a little too long "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I BEAT YOU!!!!!" and then it comes in as a wave and eats him. RIP idiot.

The second was about the little wooden indian fetish monster that scurried around and stabbed the poo poo out of people. :waycool:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Yes it's a basketball. They are literally playing basketball then stop and walk toward the girl with the glasses on.
It's like they were just chilling out shooting some hoops then one guy was like "OH poo poo she can see us, we need to be ominous! Dave, drop the drat ball!"

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

I still reflexively say "I'm...cold..." the way the pussy ghost kid did in the episode where the kid died from being chilly and needed his hoodie returned to him before he could rest in peace. And then Clarissa Explains it All found a bunch of gold doubloons

"Hurrr I'm cold"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I sorta died

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How about the episode where the ghost saved the girl from being burnt alive in the chemistry lab?

Or the one with the house that stole people souls and made the old lady young again?

Or the really lovely one where they put a horror comic in the microwave to dry it out, but then they villian came to life?

Or the incredibly lovely movie that I stayed up late to watch and was super disappointed?

I watched this show waaaaay to much as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Several episodes are on youtube, including the virus dude that wanted to plug into the kid.

That guy with the weird voice doing the sandman character to fulfill a girls wish to make everyone go away.

One episode about gremlins that, even as a kid I wondered, "Are they allowed to use that gremlin graphic?" Because the gremlin that infected electronics used what looks like an exact drawing of gremlin-Stripe from the movie gremlins as it's picture.

• Locked thread