Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BeastOfExmoor posted:

WD is ditching the blue/black separation between their SATA and NVMe lines. Also, the new blue NVMe drives top out at 500GB. MSRP is similar to what the sale prices for the mid-range HP and ADATA drives, so unless street prices are much lower than MSRP I have no idea who would buy these.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14086/new-wd-blue-sn500-ssd-switches-to-nvme

Black Drives Matter. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Well, I guess if they can't sell at inflated prices at retail they can always change the labeling and dump them to OEMs on the cheap.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Garbage Collection question - will a modern drive (850evo) in something that doesn't support TRIM do its own maintenance when the machine's idle?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Kerbtree posted:

Garbage Collection question - will a modern drive (850evo) in something that doesn't support TRIM do its own maintenance when the machine's idle?

If you undersize your partition so there's unallocated space, that should be enough for the drive to do its thing without TRIM.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This'll certainly be interesting: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/memory-storage/optane-memory/optane-memory-h10.html

Still not sure if I'd use it as a boot drive, though.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This'll certainly be interesting: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/memory-storage/optane-memory/optane-memory-h10.html

anandtech posted:

We're not sure if this photo is an accurate representation of the real product, but it indicates that two PCIe lanes are routed to the SM2263 controller and two to the Optane controller. This suggests the Optane Memory H10 will appear to the host system as two different NVMe SSDs, and will likely require PCIe port bifurcation support to operate a PCIe x4 M.2 slot as two PCIe x2 links. This could potentially limit compatibility to M.2 slots that use PCIe lanes provided by the PCH. Officially, the Optane Memory H10 will require a Whiskey Lake or Coffee Lake platform.
If that's true it seems clunky as hell.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Klyith posted:

If that's true it seems clunky as hell.

They're extrapolating all that off a mockup image photoshopped up by Intel's marketing department. I'd wait until the real product is released to make any conclusions.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is the Optane being used like a ram cache for the QLC? I didn’t think there was enough speed difference to really make that worthwhile.

I wonder if Intel just has a bunch of optane parts it doesn’t know what to do with since it hasn’t really taken off as far as I can tell.

The 16GB optane m.2 sticks had a lot of annoying power state bugs that caused us to remove them from our testing setups so now we have a lot of these little sticks. Annoying.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Kerbtree posted:

Modern SSDs will do what they need to do, and I wouldn't worry about having to manually TRIM or anything like that, especially in something like WinXP(?) or whatever old OS you're running that doesn't support TRIM itself.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Definitely "interesting," but probably not enough for me to bother using. It'd have to offer some price/capacity/performance advantage over your run-of-the-mill NVMe SSD, and the existing Optane parts never did this.

priznat posted:

Is the Optane being used like a ram cache for the QLC? I didn’t think there was enough speed difference to really make that worthwhile.

I wonder if Intel just has a bunch of optane parts it doesn’t know what to do with since it hasn’t really taken off as far as I can tell.

The 16GB optane m.2 sticks had a lot of annoying power state bugs that caused us to remove them from our testing setups so now we have a lot of these little sticks. Annoying.

I've always been curious about Optane, but never been able to justify using it. Certainly the Optane "memory" caching version makes sense to speed up an HDD, but software like PrimoCache is much more flexible and if you have a setup with 1xNVMe and 1xSATA then it makes sense to just leave the HDD in there for storage and put a decent NVMe SSD for the OS. If you had multiple NVMe slots, and especially if the Optane could cache multiple drives, then we might have a use-case for it.

For the Optane "storage," again, I've never been able to come up with a scenario where it makes sense to use it, at least not for an average user. I know it's fast, but it's expensive and the max capacity is like 112 GB (at least for the m.2 version,) and for the same amount of money you could get a 1 TB NVMe SSD, which is plenty fast. Edit: also, I just looked up the 800p and it's rated for only 1400/600 MBps sequential. :stare:

Edit: I wanted to add about the Optane that I don't think it's justifiable in a 1xNVMe system because putting the OS on an accelerated HDD still leaves it at worse-than-SSD performance at times, and you're wasting the NVMe slot on a tiny 16/32 GB cache drive that could easily be a decent-sized SSD. On a system with more than 1 NVMe slot, it might make a little more sense to use one to cache an HDD, though. Putting in a cheaper, more capacious SSD and using PrimoCache is probably the better option, though.

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 16, 2019

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/western-digital-wd-blue-sn500-ssd/

Are these good SSDs? I'm needing to upgrade my Samsung 840 EVO Pro because it's just 128GB and Windows is eating it so fast, even after moving the searching stuff off to another drive.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/western-digital-wd-blue-sn500-ssd/

Are these good SSDs? I'm needing to upgrade my Samsung 840 EVO Pro because it's just 128GB and Windows is eating it so fast, even after moving the searching stuff off to another drive.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, these are DRAMless/HMB. So not terrible, especially if the price is right, but emphasis on the latter. Currently $100/TB is a good price for SATA SSDs and is ballpark for NVMe drives (I got a 2 TB 660p for $200 with a one-time Google Express code) although $150/TB for a good NVMe SSD with DRAM (Adata SX8200) is around the current pricing.

I'd say a HMB SN500 at the ~500 GB-class is worth, maybe $60, probably less, because the 480 GB SX8200 is around $75 regularly on Adata's Rakuten storefront (with frequent, ~monthly discount codes, like right now. The 960 GB version is also on sale.) Otherwise, I usually recommend the Adata.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Intel 660p 2TB NVME for $200 with code EMCTWUE22 (may need to subscribe to emails to use)

And I had just bought a 1TB HP NVME
:negative:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The HP is still a better drive long-term for a boot drive. It'd be a good enough drive, but I'd not use anything other than MLC or recent-gen TLC for a boot drive on a system I'm building.

It's sure tempting as a wire-free Steam/fast storage drive, though.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The double capacity surely more than makes up for any supposed shortcomings.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

tvgm2 posted:

Intel 660p 2TB NVME for $200 with code EMCTWUE22 (may need to subscribe to emails to use)

And I had just bought a 1TB HP NVME
:negative:

Yeah the 920 or whatever (similar to the SX8200) will be fine as a boot drive. FYI that 660p is a little cheaper on Rakuten with SAVE15 (that code can be used for anything there, BTW); on Newegg it comes out to like $210-220 and on Rakuten it's <$200.

LRADIKAL posted:

The double capacity surely more than makes up for any supposed shortcomings.

TLC is definitely better than QLC in every way, but to be honest, the 660p will be fine. You're not going to know or care what SSD you're using when the system is assembled and running. Personally I have a few systems that use a 480 GB SX8200 for the OS and 2 TB 660p for games but that's solely because those are dual-NVMe-slot systems. I would absolutely go with just a 660p if you can make use of that capacity, otherwise get a TLC drive if you're getting <2 TB.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Newegg just launched a 7-day sale on ADATA SATA NAND 1TB drives for $95. I assume this is a pretty good deal?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Fuschia tude posted:

Newegg just launched a 7-day sale on ADATA SATA NAND 1TB drives for $95. I assume this is a pretty good deal?

It's rated for 50% less writes than a WD Blue 1TB which you can get for $130. So for $30 more you get 100% more drive endurance AND 3 more warrantied years. The AData only has a 2 year warranty like you might find on a regular HDD. It might not actually be a good drive for an OS when your web browser and other things are constantly writing to your SSD.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

SlayVus posted:

It's rated for 50% less writes than a WD Blue 1TB which you can get for $130. So for $30 more you get 100% more drive endurance AND 3 more warrantied years. The AData only has a 2 year warranty like you might find on a regular HDD. It might not actually be a good drive for an OS when your web browser and other things are constantly writing to your SSD.

Write endurance on large drives is 100% a non-issue. Even with a "reduced" endurance drive like this, you're talking 560TB TBW. If you used it every day for 5 years, you'd have to write 300+ GB every day to hit that. There is no consumer workload that gets anywhere near that, even with write amplification and OS shenanigans.

It also has a 3 year warranty, which while it isn't as good as a 5 year one, still ain't bad, especially for the price. Random reminder, but for everyone with a CitiBank card, almost all their cards give you a bonus 2 year warranty on top of the original warranty (out to a total of 7 years).

The biggest downside is a lack of DRAM, which may somewhat impact performance as an OS drive, but not to the point it would be overly noticeable on a budget system.

Basically, if $40 is a noticeable amount to you, or you're looking for a Steam drive, this is a pretty solid deal.

DrDork fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 21, 2019

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SlayVus posted:

A home user will not come even close to coming to the write endurance limits of that drive dude, that is a non-issue.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Fuschia tude posted:

On the deal itself: meh. The SU650 is DRAMless drive of mediocre performance. The SU800, which has DRAM and is better, is also $95 at Rakuten with the coupon SAVE15.

But in general 1TB drives are trending down to that $100 mark, so I wouldn't jump on the first ones there just because. NAND continues to fall in price in 2019, and once everyone has QLC on the market there will be good deals for bulk storage SSDs. Unless you need it now, wait.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Klyith posted:

But in general 1TB drives are trending down to that $100 mark, so I wouldn't jump on the first ones there just because. NAND continues to fall in price in 2019, and once everyone has QLC on the market there will be good deals for bulk storage SSDs. Unless you need it now, wait.

Cool, thanks everyone. Yeah, this would be for a system drive and I already have a SSD, so I can wait.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Fuschia tude posted:

Cool, thanks everyone. Yeah, this would be for a system drive and I already have a SSD, so I can wait.

Definitely go with an SSD with DRAM for the OS drive, but otherwise as has already been mentioned, the SU650 is fine for games or media. <$100/TB is a good price at the moment.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Was the Spectre mitigation performance hit ever fixed for NVME?

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
Hello drink aficionados,

I'm looking for a 1tb m.2 SSD for a T480s. It accepts both NVMe and SATA devices (and also NVMe on the 2242 WAN connector, but let's forget about that). I sometimes run a VM and also code with Visual Studio. Otherwise it's the normal goon 50 tabs open in firefox use pattern. I will fill any and all storage devices to 90% with garbage.

I'm trying not to buy a WD Black for 200 Euros, but I fear a QLC drive full at 90% will balk at the VM suspending and saving a 5GB RAM image. But if I buy a WD Blue/MX500 (which one is better?) I won't be using the blazing fast new thing. Euro prices for SSDs are bad, btw.

So, does somebody use a QLC NVMe drive as the single disk in the system? How full is it? How does it feel? What's your typical usage?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

karoshi posted:

Hello drink aficionados,

I'm looking for a 1tb m.2 SSD for a T480s. It accepts both NVMe and SATA devices (and also NVMe on the 2242 WAN connector, but let's forget about that). I sometimes run a VM and also code with Visual Studio. Otherwise it's the normal goon 50 tabs open in firefox use pattern. I will fill any and all storage devices to 90% with garbage.

I'm trying not to buy a WD Black for 200 Euros, but I fear a QLC drive full at 90% will balk at the VM suspending and saving a 5GB RAM image. But if I buy a WD Blue/MX500 (which one is better?) I won't be using the blazing fast new thing. Euro prices for SSDs are bad, btw.

So, does somebody use a QLC NVMe drive as the single disk in the system? How full is it? How does it feel? What's your typical usage?

You don't do anything that will really notice the blazing fast new thing, just go with the WD Blue or MX500 (they are identical for most purposes, just buy whichever's cheaper).

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Kerbtree posted:

Was the Spectre mitigation performance hit ever fixed for NVME?

No clue. But you can disable the mitigations and regain performance: https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Can I get a sanity check on my SSD choice? I am building a PC, mostly for games, and I tried to minimize the number of vendors I'm buying stuff from. So I ended up taking advantage of a sale on a 1TB "SanDisk Extreme Pro M.2 NVMe 3D" drive, for US $150. (Note this is an identical drive to the WD Black NVMe.)

I know I could save a few bucks, or get something marginally better for the same price, but I honestly don't care too much if I end up with something that is 4% slower in a couple of benchmarks. I haven't had a computer for games in years and the speed of any NVMe drive will probably feel like I'm blasting off in a fighter jet.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Can I get a sanity check on my SSD choice? I am building a PC, mostly for games, and I tried to minimize the number of vendors I'm buying stuff from. So I ended up taking advantage of a sale on a 1TB "SanDisk Extreme Pro M.2 NVMe 3D" drive, for US $150. (Note this is an identical drive to the WD Black NVMe.)

I know I could save a few bucks, or get something marginally better for the same price, but I honestly don't care too much if I end up with something that is 4% slower in a couple of benchmarks. I haven't had a computer for games in years and the speed of any NVMe drive will probably feel like I'm blasting off in a fighter jet.

☑ sane

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Anyone remember when this thread was people posting CrystaDiskMark screenshots then saying “hey guys do this look lol” and they just posted whatever the $399 SSD Of the week was?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Here's *another* Phison E12 drive for ~$145, with the most recent 12.1 firmware pre-installed: https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-Gen3x4-000MB-SU001TBP34A80M28AB/dp/B07L6GF81L

Sure, it's ~Silicon Power~, but it carries a five year warranty, the same as *most* of the other E12 drives, and the performance and IOPS is competitive with the 970 Pro drive.

If you want a better name on the same drive: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236477

Be aware, though - the 12.1 firmware is destructive (meaning that it wipes the drive in the update process), so if you've got a drive not running it by default, you'll want to find someone to help you flash it (or buy a compatible USB enclosure) before you load Windows onto it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 2, 2019

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Here's *another* Phison E12 drive for ~$145, with the most recent 12.1 firmware pre-installed: https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-Gen3x4-000MB-SU001TBP34A80M28AB/dp/B07L6GF81L

:words:

Be aware, though - the 12.1 firmware is destructive (meaning that it wipes the drive in the update process), so if you've got a drive not running it by default, you'll want to find someone to help you flash it (or buy a compatible USB enclosure) before you load Windows onto it.

Thank you for this! It would be a pain for me to get the destructive firmware applied, so I will return the Sandisk to my local store and order one of these. I'm trying to keep everything on track so that I will have the whole weekend to build and test the new system, so a quick swap for something that has Prime shipping will have to fit the bill.

(amazon is still bad tho and all of us should wean ourselves off of it)

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 2, 2019

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Thank you for this! It would be a pain for me to get the destructive firmware applied, so I will return the Sandisk to my local store and order one of these. I'm trying to keep everything on track so that I will have the whole weekend to build and test the new system, so a quick swap for something that has Prime shipping will have to fit the bill.

(amazon is still bad tho and all of us should wean ourselves off of it)

Good choice, as it seems Corsair hasn't offered a 12.1 F/W update to the MP510 and according to the Anandtech review, hasn't *ever* offered a drive F/W update since the days they sold Sandforce SSDs. Can't really recommend the MP510 if Corsair has no intention of supporting it past RMAs.

Here's that review, if you wanted to give it a look: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13955/the-silicon-power-p34a80-ssd-review-phison-e12-with-newer-firmware

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I have a 256GB Crucial MX100 on an ASUS P5QPL-AM and the SSD seems to randomly disappear from the BIOS. Basically, I like to leave the PC running, and every once in a while if I leave it alone for a couple hours, when I come back I see a screen saying no boot device is found as if the PC is trying to boot up and lacks an OS drive. When I see this, I hit either ctrl-alt-del or the reset button and it still says the OS disk is not found, I go into the BIOS and it's not present their either. If I turn the PC off and then back on everything is magically back to normal.

I used the Crucial disk utility to check, the MX100 has the latest firmware and it reports the drive is good, it also reports the total writes is about 1.25TB. The chipset is Intel G41 and ICH7, the BIOS has kinda funny options for the disk settings. Basically, the board has SATA and PATA, the options in the BIOS are disabled, enhanced, or compatible. In enhanced mode, I can set then choose SATA, SATA + PATA or PATA. Simply put, I think ASUS was trying to support every IDE device under the sun knowing it might cause funky behavior with some SATA devices and chose to solve this through the use of a lot of cryptic BIOS options. I like ASUS for being thorough but as an individual with no intention of ever installing an IDE device on this board, these BIOS settings are just kinda confusing. Suffice to say, I'm certain this board does not support AHCI, everything I have google says that "enhanced" mode is just for PATA/SATA compatiability modes. I ran this board for about a year with a 128GB M4 before I decided to try to upgrade the size and now it's fighting back. Similarly, my other gripe about ASUS is the amount of physical jumpers present. Like to enable 5V standby on the PS2 keyboard or USB there are 3 jumpers and a couple BIOS settings. In a way I love that I can actually choose these features, but it just seems really complex, I don't think I've ever seen similar jumpers on a Gigabyte board.

Does this sounds like an issue with the MX100 SSD, or is this more likely an issue with the motherboard? I value the SSD far more than I value the board at this time (I have plenty of spare motherboards but I want to increase my horde of spare SSDs). Is 1.25TB of data written a sign that this SSD could be going bad? Is running this SSD without AHCI (and possibly without trim, the OS is Windows 10) going to be bad for the SSD? I'm tempted to just put my old 128GB M4 back in since I know that SSD got along with this motherboard.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Have you tried different power & SATA cables as well as a different SATA port? Though everything being back to normal after you power off would make that unlikely to be the issue.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Thats a bit of a hard issue but given you have other sata SSDs that DO work. I think it's the SSD actually. I've seen SSDs do stuff like this and you can run diagnostics all day long and find nothing.

Here is a $30 bux fix: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-BX500-240GB-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B07G3KRZBX/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=crucial+mx100&qid=1554219893&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I've also fixed SSDs that do this by doing full image backup and then secure erase, followed by a full restore. My guess is some of the NAND isn't being read/written properly so the controller pukes and takes the SSD offline to fix it, and maybe doesn't do its job. Doing the image/erase/restore seems to get the controller and the nand working ok again.

I think i've seen half a dozen examples of this kind of behavior on SSDs from different brands over the last few years. Not much for sure.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Lambert posted:

Have you tried different power & SATA cables as well as a different SATA port? Though everything being back to normal after you power off would make that unlikely to be the issue.
I have tried different SATA cables and ports (still from the motherboard, I could try a SATA card). I replaced the power supply recently but I simply don't remember if that was after installing the SSD or at the same time. Regardless, I really doubt the power cable is the issue, but I will consider it.

redeyes posted:

Thats a bit of a hard issue but given you have other sata SSDs that DO work. I think it's the SSD actually. I've seen SSDs do stuff like this and you can run diagnostics all day long and find nothing.

Here is a $30 bux fix: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-BX500-240GB-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B07G3KRZBX/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=crucial+mx100&qid=1554219893&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I've also fixed SSDs that do this by doing full image backup and then secure erase, followed by a full restore. My guess is some of the NAND isn't being read/written properly so the controller pukes and takes the SSD offline to fix it, and maybe doesn't do its job. Doing the image/erase/restore seems to get the controller and the nand working ok again.

I think i've seen half a dozen examples of this kind of behavior on SSDs from different brands over the last few years. Not much for sure.
I do have another $30 250GB SSD, I just don't want to get rid of this one unless I can confirm it is a problem. I know it's not worth much, but it's my drive drat it, I don't want to give up on it unless I know it's dead (it's not critical at all and I don't care if it dies, and I also don't care enough to buy yet another SSD). I think I will try the backup, secure erase, and then restore next since either a secure erase will kill the drive (thus telling me where the problem was) or solve the issue. Is there better free software than Macrium for this task?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Sure, it's ~Silicon Power~, but it carries a five year warranty, the same as *most* of the other E12 drives, and the performance and IOPS is competitive with the 970 Pro drive.

If you want a better name on the same drive: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236477

Still think this is a better buy:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/600422/1tb-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

$135 for 1 TB, literally the same drive, Phison E12 based, comes with 12.2 firmware.

There are Phison 12.2 firmware updaters available in the wild from Japanese websites.

MicroCenter's got a 3 year warranty, but it's less hassle for me since there's three MicroCenters a short drive from me, all I have to do is keep packaging and receipt and if it fails, bring it in and they swap it out for a brand new one.

Only last week, Amazon had a sale for the Sabrent Rocket 1 TB for only $125 shipped, also a Phison E12 equipped SSD.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Agreed on the Inland save for the warranty, I wasn't aware Micro Center was selling them through their Web Store, since they've been OOS at their B&Ms for a while now.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Welp, the ship has come in, evidently, as I see more than 10+ in stock at many of their (MicroCenter's) nationwide locations, although I do see some isolated stores haven't got any stock yet (or sold out fast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

Welp, the ship has come in, evidently, as I see more than 10+ in stock at many of their (MicroCenter's) nationwide locations, although I do see some isolated stores haven't got any stock yet (or sold out fast)

There's still a $5 RetailMeNot coupon (in-store only, unfortunately) valid until 4/30 to take some of the sting out of the tax, too: https://www.retailmenot.com/view/microcenter.com

Also, be careful, Micro Center has that page listed as the Inland Professional 1TB, not the Premium - here's the difference:

Professional: https://www.microcenter.com/product/509676/1tb-3d-nand--m2-2280-pcie-nvme-gen-3-x2-internal-solid-state-drive
Premium: https://www.microcenter.com/product/600422/1TB_3D_NAND_M2_2280_PCIe_NVMe_30_x4_Internal_Solid_State_Drive

If it doesn't say "Premium" and have a black backing on the blister pack, you got the wrong drive.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 2, 2019