Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, my 1tb poo poo the bed (or will shortly) and I need to replace it. Thinking of a 500gb ssd. Anyone have any good/cheap recommendation? The old one is a regular drive, and I'm mainly gonna be storing my ebooks on the new one. Calibre has been rebuilding my library for a few days now so I'm assuming the bottleneck is the old drive, so I'd like to replace it kinda quick.

Don't have a particular budget but I'd like to stay around 40-50 if possible.

I have no idea of these are ok to buy second hand, but if they are, let me know and I'll start cruising ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Which kind of drive, SATA or NVME?

You generally do not want second hand SSDs. SSDs are no longer expensive enough to warrant any real savings over new drives and you don't know what the controllers have been put through.

Oh, poo poo, yea that info would have helped. SATA is what I'm looking for. Don't have an NVME port.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 10, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool. Snagged a WD Blue 3d off Best Buy for 64.99 and got same day delivery since I really don't want to drive all the way out there.

Hopefully by tonight, I'll have all this poo poo settled and be able to get back to reading.

Thanks for the help!