Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

movax posted:

How long after the previous models did the EVOs launch? Probably not a bad idea for Samsung to only sell the PRO for the rest of the year + grabbing insecure PCMR folks, but I'm not actually sure what historically moves volume for their pro drives. OEM versions, not client versions?

e: maybe they'll sell pairs to people to RAID 0 to ensure they have the biggest number in the room?

Tweaktown has an article up with specs for a phison e18 based rocket 4 plus so I doubt samsung is going to be able to maintain a monopoly on fast pcie4 drives for long. Probably won't have the luxury of holding back the more cost effective option unless they want to cede that market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

At least on paper they're claiming higher peak sequential transfer rates. Doesn't necessarily mean much of anything though.

Pricing is the more interesting thing I think. Samsung seems to like charging like 50% more regardless of whether they have the best performance.