Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katka
Apr 18, 2008

:roboluv::h: :awesomelon: :h::roboluv:
So I need some more storage in my current rig. I'm wanting to a 2tb m2 drive to put in there cause I'm to lazy to bother installing a 2.5 inch drive. Any recommendations?

I was looking at this Intel drive. Is this one any good or is there something just as good that's cheaper. This drive is going to used pretty much only for games so no critical data I'm going to be super upset if I lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katka
Apr 18, 2008

:roboluv::h: :awesomelon: :h::roboluv:

Klyith posted:

Yeah, the 660P is a QLC drive that's totally fine.

Though looking at that amazon page I see that there's now an Inland Professional QLC drive. Inland is microcenter's house brand, and their TLC NVMe drives are great bang for the buck. I wanna look around to make sure that QLC isn't using some awful controller (like adata's cheapest drives using realtek :barf:), but if not that would be a good & cheap storage drive.

edit: Seems to be a phision, though paired with some pretty slow toshiba flash. This drive is one to consider at 2TB only. But if anyone wants a big ol' drive to dump their steam library, 2TB on NVMe for only $190 is quite a deal. As long as the job is read-focused (games) it equals the 660P.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that Inland drive. It'll be nice to be able to have more then a handful of games installed at a time.