Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'd like to swap a 256 830 with a 2tb 860 (sata) but I'm not really in any rush. Wait for BF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The samsung 860 2tb sata drive hit 229 today..lowest I've seen it so I pulled the trigger. If it hits for lower on BF/CM I'll rebuy and return I guess

Any notable price alert sites I should be using?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'm retiring a 2012 256 830 drive that's been my boot drive for 7.5+ years to external drive duty. I figured I'd stick with samsung barring any crazy issues with the 860s, but everything I've seen on them seems solid.

That 256 was 350 when I bought it in 2012, 4tb drives being in that same price range is a nice tangible sign of progress.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Switched out my 830 for the 860. Samsung migration app was pretty worthless. To be fair I should have known better when the 860 didn't pop up as a working volume, but redoing the clone with competent software worked and no issues so far. Having more breathing room on a boot SSD is nice, can't front.