Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So since I don't have any pressing need for one, I figure that before I buy an SSD, I should continue to wait? They seem poised to gain yet more speed, capacity, and become cheaper in the coming year? It seems like they have hardly reached their maturity point yet, unlike tapes and hard discs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So guess that just leaves prices then. Should I wait, since I hear earlier on this page that they are planning to ramp up production, for a lower price? I imagine I will adore the speed up, and I don't think I actually need that much space (like I figure 250 GB would do), but I would kind of like to wait until SSDs become the default, so I can just grab something at the lenovo outlet without having to think about it.

Though I guess at this point, if one were to build their own PC, that they would be best off just getting an SSD while their at it, due to its major quality of life improvements. I know SSDs help with booting/rebooting comptuers, and with loading large amounts of data with video games, but do they help with anything that isn't as obvious? Like, opening programs must be faster, and copying large amounts of data from one place to another will likely be quicker, but is there anything I might not be thinking about?