Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Hello thread, I read the OP but I still have some questions, never having had a SSD before. As October the 5th draws near I'm going for a brand new system (office and a bit of gaming) that will have a SSD, but...

1. Will bigger SSDs live longer, as single memory cells are used less often?
2. Most SSDs on sale are TLC and I read that that's the worst kind (after SLC and MLC), but will a TLC drive still be usable as long as a traditional spinning HD? I could go for the small "120GB Corsair Force Series MP500" which is MLC but will it make a difference?
3. Let's say I will go for a cheaper M2 SSD. In that case it does not make a difference whether it is a non-NVME M2 SSD or a SATA-SSD, right? Expect it saves me the inconvenience to fiddle with the SATA cable.

Thank you very much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Oh my, so much effort put into answering my questions. Thanks so very much.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

This is a bit silly, but I'll ask. I'm about to build a PC for someone who will turn it on maybe twice a week, if at all. Is that too sparely for a ssd? I heard that's not good for them? I doubt there is data for reliability when used rarely?