Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
This discussion about write amounts made me curious about my own SSD. I downloaded Crystal Disk as suggested, and here's what it shows me:

Anything here I should be concerned about? I'm not sure how best to interpret some of those attribute numbers - are they too high or low?

Space is starting to get tight for the latest games, so I'm considering picking up a 1TB M2 drive to replace this. Then I'll probably dedicate the samsung to becoming an extra steam drive (mostly for stuff like MS Flightsim).
Which are the brands to look for or avoid nowadays? (I'm not in the US, if that makes a difference) My MB is an ASUS PRIME-X370-PRO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
If I have the choice between these two 1TB NVMe drives for about the same price - ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro and Samsung 970 EVO PLUS - in my local store's sale, which should I pick?
The use case is to expand (possibly replace) my 500GB 840 EVO because I'm running out of space for games. Would I best to keep the 840 as the OS drive and dedicate the new one for games, or mirror my current 840 onto the new drive and then have the 840 as gaming overflow?
If it matters, my motherboard is a ASUS Prime X370 Pro

Deanut Pancer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 28, 2020